Schedule

10th July: Netherlands v West Indies at Dublin
11th July: Ireland v Netherlands at Belfast
12th July: Scotland v West Indies at Dublin
13th July: Netherlands v Scotland at Belfast
14th July: Ireland v West Indies at Dublin
15th July: Ireland v Scotland at Belfast

1st Match Result

Netherlands innings: 80 all out (DR Smith 4/8)
West Indies innings: 82/0 (Gayle 51 not out)

West Indies win by 10 wickets

That just shows the difficulties of associated being ametures and not being paid. Netherlands had ten Doechate, that could have at least made a competitive total.

Pretty silly group of 4, it's no wonder who's going to win this one. I guess it gets them some practice against good opposition, but still, there are worse sides to play anyway. Zimbabwe or England for example.

That just shows the difficulties of associated being ametures and not being paid. Netherlands had ten Doechate, that could have at least made a competitive total.

ten Doeschate wasn't released by Essex for this match, despite ICC rules saying he had to be.

Pretty silly group of 4, it's no wonder who's going to win this one. I guess it gets them some practice against good opposition, but still, there are worse sides to play anyway. Zimbabwe or England for example.

You never know. It's only three years since Ireland chased down almost 300 against the West Indies.

Last edited:
ten Doeschate wasn't released by Essex for this match, despite ICC rules saying he had to be.

You never know. It's only three years since Ireland chased down almost 300 against the West Indies.
Well I'd be happy to see something like that happen but I certainly do doubt it. Beatings like that case in point.

Will anything be done to Essex? Despite supporting Essex Doeschate is probably my favourite player and Netherlands my second favourite National team so would of liked to see him playing for them. Especially seeing as Essex really under use his bowling in my eyes.

Will anything be done to Essex? Despite supporting Essex Doeschate is probably my favourite player and Netherlands my second favourite National team so would of liked to see him playing for them. Especially seeing as Essex really under use his bowling in my eyes.

Nothing can be done, because technically, ten Doeschate made himself unavailable for selection after being pressured to do so by Essex. Durham did the same with Kyle Coetzer (and then didn't pick him) who was supposed to be in the Scotland squad.

Last month, Middlesex did the same to Eoin Morgan when Ireland played against India and South Africa, leading to the rather laughable claim from Morgan that playing in a Twenty20 match against Sussex was going to do more for his career than two ODIs against two of the best teams in the world.

The rules need to be tightened.

2nd Match Result

Ireland innings: 210/8 (Morgan 51)
Netherlands innings: 209/6 (Bukhari 71)

Ireland win by 1 run.

The Netherlands needed a six from the last ball, but only managed four. Now that's what I call a finish!

A certain Mr Hair is umpiring in this match, and he made a mistake too, giving Ireland a seven ball over.

3rd Match Result

Scotland innings: 152/7
West Indies innings: 165/6 (Gayle 85 not out, Haq 4/28)

West Indies win by 4 wickets (D/L Method)

West Indies won with just one ball to spare. Another close finish.

Man. Talk about finishes. Scotland nearly pulled it off. But Gayle has been in great form. Mixed feelings for me. I want to see the Windies become a great team again, but at the same time why not have 2 teams gain full ODI status in the same year?

Hopefully Scotland can keep their winning record against associates and beat a full member soon. Their next chance on Aug 16 against India. Hopefully by the time that match comes around I wouldn't have the feeling like India deserves a loss vs a much much lower rated nation. I was feeling that way the day Indian played Bangladesh in the World Cup. I will remember that day though for the HUGE Irish win.

at the same time why not have 2 teams gain full ODI status in the same year?

No teams will be gaining full ODI status this year. The next time teams can gain ODI status will be in the 2009 ICC World Cup qualifier. Shortly before that tournament, Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, Kenya, Scotland and the Netherlands will all lose their full ODI status, and the top six teams from that tournament, which will include those six, will gain full ODI status until the 2013 ICC World Cup qualifier.

This is one good Series so far. Bad luck to Scotland would have been good seeing another upset this year.

Users who are viewing this thread