ODI Tri-Series (Malaysia)

zreh said:
God I hate this D/L method with a passion. I'm sure India would have won, WI were allready 2 wickets down, one wicket could change the situation.

Brilliant innings from Sachin

I think D/L works well.

WIndies were ahead of the rate by a fair bit and still had 8 wickets in hand.

I just hated that Sachin's mastery didn't convert to victory.
Whatever, so it goes.

This is unfair on the part of India! I just wish people dont blame Sachin for this.. I have always listened to people saying that when Sachin scores, India loses. He played a brilliant innings today on a relatively difficult & faulty pitch.

The bowling was pathetic today. Lot of 'hit me' balls from almost all the Indian bowlers who bowled today! Ajit Agarkar started off well but then got back to his usual old unpredictable self. Pathan is starting to be a consistent flop as a bowler. RP picked up a wicket but he gives away lot of runs too! Munaf isnt threatening at all in the ODI's. Bhajji was spanked by Lara today but Bhajji can get his bearings back soon!

If India can win against Australia, it would be fantastic and would set up a thrilling second half of the tournament leading into the final. If India dont win the next one, they will be under enormous pressure! But I wish Sachin continues this form. He has done extremely well in the ODI's that he played in recent times. Before injury, he had a great ODI series against Pakistan where he scored a 100 and 95.

Sureshot said:
I think D/L works well.

WIndies were ahead of the rate by a fair bit and still had 8 wickets in hand.

Not quite fair. West Indies must have seen the weather conditions when they started their innings. They could have calculated their totals and would have come out with a specific plan to be ahead of the calculations if the weather intervenes! So its basically not fair on the Indians!

saisrini80 said:
Not quite fair. West Indies must have seen the weather conditions when they started their innings. They could have calculated their totals and would have come out with a specific plan to be ahead of the calculations if the weather intervenes! So its basically not fair on the Indians!

Well if thats the case then you should blame Dravid for opting to bat first. Weather is weather and seeing how WI went against the Aussies I doubt it's so much as a plan for one match as a plan for the whole series.

Last edited:
Wow lucky win for the West Indies.

I am guessing India took theirt two powerplays? Because if they did, they were probably better off not using them. Then again they wern't to know. I think they have some calculatio nfor unused powerplays anyway.

India unlucky to lose. Rain affected matches suck.

The Windies top order really is firing, if this happens through the Champions trophy we should see some big scores from them and may well see them in the finals again. Although their bowling is quite suspect.

Pathan I've always seen as a guy that bowls well on the swinging wickets, looks like he was found out again today but dam handy batter.

Pathan needs to improve his variety. His real weapons are swing and that disguised slower ball. They are not very effective on the sub-continent, and on other slow tracks.

Agarkar has some variety and MP has evolved from test cricket, and these two are likely to share the new ball the next time.

Hmmm yeah, I dunno. You can't really estimate the future can ya but I do think that if India had've gotten Lara out then I think they would've won. Though on the otherhand if they didn't then Windies would've gotten to the required total with ease.

India could be in trouble in this series. Especially if Australia plays full strength in the next game, i doubt they will though. I wanna see Matty Hayden dominating the India bowling attacks again.

There's no stoping WI at the moment! They're gonna kill whoever is playing against them. Gayle and Changerpaul are dangerous as hell...no one can mess with WI...there is no chance for Indians in this series...

Justcrazy said:
There's no stoping WI at the moment! They're gonna kill whoever is playing against them. Gayle and Changerpaul are dangerous as hell...no one can mess with WI...there is no chance for Indians in this series...

:rolleyes: Great Post.

So when the Winides were nearly 140 for no loss, chasing 270 somethign for victory, and they lost 9 wickets for 29 runs explains what. I would have bet the West Indies would not have won that game

Justcrazy said:
Yeah you r right only rain can stop them(India). :rolleyes:

Ok the D/L in this game was rather weird, India 309 in 50 overs (6.1?) West Indies would of needed 114 to win off 20 (5.8?) Is it easier to score 120 runs in 20 overs or 300 in 50? Obviously 120 in 20 overs. India can be seen a little unlucky in this game..

Drewska said:
Ok the D/L in this game was rather weird, India 309 in 50 overs (6.1?) West Indies would of needed 114 to win off 20 (5.8?) Is it easier to score 120 runs in 20 overs or 300 in 50? Obviously 120 in 20 overs. India can be seen a little unlucky in this game..

I'd say India were very unlucky to lose the game. Windies still needed 160 odd to win and their middle order as seen in the first game are susceptible to collapses. I'd still back India to qualify to the finals though and most likely Aus as well but Windies have shown some good sign from their openers.

Tendulkar's innings was such a joy to watch. Played all around the ground and possibly played all the shots in a textbook. Hope this is only a start of things for Tendulkar.

Agreed such a shame it ended like it did. The Windies were making a good fist of things but we all saw what happened last time round after a brilliant start. Too bad rain had to kill of an exciting finish.

aussie1st said:
The Windies top order really is firing, if this happens through the Champions trophy we should see some big scores from them and may well see them in the finals again. Although their bowling is quite suspect.
Yes, I think it's more suprising that this West Indian top order hasn't seen this kind of success, rather than what we are used to. All four of them are very good at the one day game, all averaging over 35. Runako Morton might well be able to make it a quintet. If they can maintain this 'group form' throughout the coming season, hopefully players like Bravo and Smith will gain mental strength from it and play like their talents suggest they can.

I think they have the pace bowling resources to field a capable attack. Jerome Taylor has a future, as will Jermaine Lawson if he can get things right. Ian Bradshaw brings good consistency, as would Reon King, but he seems to have fallen out of form and favour. Collymore could be another tidy experienced option, but the short game was never really his. They persist with Fidel Edwards, it doesn't seem to be paying off. With this in mind, expect to see Andrew Richardson getting a game sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread