Official Cricket Revolution Discussion Thread

Can someone please help me with the batting aspect?

My batsmen don't offer a shot half the time, I don't know what's going on.

Can someone please help me with the batting aspect?

My batsmen don't offer a shot half the time, I don't know what's going on.

If you play the shots too late or don't press the combo quick enough then that happens. Get into the nets and check your timing if its right. Also, when you play shots with alt, shift or cltr you have to hold those keys first then press the combo direction buttons

Can you press the combo buttons together? Or one after the other?

Like for cover drives?

You play the combination buttons one after the other: so for cover drive "down arrow-left arrow" with a quick sharp tap on each. But it depends whether you get the timing right if the shot comes off correctly.

Hey guys.

Played the demo and thought it showed lots of potential.

Great animations, good shot variety, bowling seemed intuitive and fun.

But...I am strictly an offline player.

So, my question to anyone who has the game...does it offer a good single player game? How is the CPU AI? Or is it another bugfest like AC09 with the CPU not playing to their strengths and run rates being disregarded?

Does it provide a challenge?

Hey guys.

Played the demo and thought it showed lots of potential.

Great animations, good shot variety, bowling seemed intuitive and fun.

But...I am strictly an offline player.

So, my question to anyone who has the game...does it offer a good single player game? How is the CPU AI? Or is it another bugfest like AC09 with the CPU not playing to their strengths and run rates being disregarded?

Does it provide a challenge?

Everything is fine BUt

1. No replays at all

2.No auto play button

3.Poor bowling animations

How do you find the CPU bowling line and lengths?

Do they set fields correctly?

Are there edges to slip?

What is the fielding like in general?

Do the AI batsment go into slog mode like AC09 or do they play sensibly based on the match situation?

Sorry for all the questions but am loathe to spend more money on another cricket game if it is just as unplayable as the last :D

Are there edges to slip?

Do the AI batsment go into slog mode like AC09 or do they play sensibly based on the match situation?

Sorry for all the questions but am loathe to spend more money on another cricket game if it is just as unplayable as the last :D

How do you find the CPU bowling line and lengths?-good line and length changes it each and every delivery

Do they set fields correctly?-Yes. Its not like C07 where the fielders are still inside the circle after PP is over

Are there edges to slip?-Yes.

What is the fielding like in general?Fielders actually dive to take a catch. They try to stop balls from going to the boundary. Try to take catches..sometimes misses them.

Do the AI batsment go into slog mode like AC09 or do they play sensibly based on the match situation?Play sensibly based on match situation

How do you find the CPU bowling line and lengths?-good line and length changes it each and every delivery

Do they set fields correctly?-Yes. Its not like C07 where the fielders are still inside the circle after PP is over

Are there edges to slip?-Yes.

What is the fielding like in general?Fielders actually dive to take a catch. They try to stop balls from going to the boundary. Try to take catches..sometimes misses them.

Do the AI batsment go into slog mode like AC09 or do they play sensibly based on the match situation?Play sensibly based on match situation

Completely agree with the points mentioned there. Seriously guys, for anyone who's hesitating to buy this game, this is The Best Cricket Game till date, as far as gameplay is concerned. Ofcourse graphically it's not the best thing, but it's only their first game and hope they improve the other elements like a far better graphic engine, improved animations, commentary, instant replays, cut scenes, more tournament options etc in the coming releases, it's got a lot of potential. The AI is the best I've seen, but the way the fielders field and direct hit the stumps almost every time makes the fielding a bit unrealistic, but this could be fixed in the future patches.

EDIT : Forgot to add, they could also include original stadiums from all over the world, more pitch types, varying weather which influences the gameplay, rains, d/l system and dew factor too in their next release. Also, Test matches.

Last edited:
Hey all here, I currently have the full version of the game

but its worst :crying

i recommend u buying ASHES 09 ( I have played both )

My computer specification is :-

2GB Ram, 128 MB ATI Radeon 600X Graphic card, 3.2 GHZ Processor

But even on all these the game does not work smoothly :doh:mad::mad:

pandeyhimansu added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Hey all here, I currently have the full version of the game

but its worst

i recommend u buying ASHES 09 ( I have played both )

My computer specification is :-

2GB Ram, 128 MB ATI Radeon 600X Graphic card, 3.2 GHZ Processor

But even on all these the game does not work smoothly

yeah the ai is good..but the thing is that on easy difficulty also u can't get runs at more than 8 an over..which is a good thing..but sometimes boring and frustrating

Its an awesome game, I hated it in the first go but I play it every day now. I just love it and you would to. Just give it some time and understand it and you will have a great time !

Are there edges to slip?

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to windows 7 and now CR wont start up anymore :mad:. When I double click the icon it loads up and then just goes blank. Can anyone here tell me if CR is compatible with windows 7 ?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread