'Oh, he's put it down!' (Dropped Catches)

Rainer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been playing the game purely as a batting simulator (the AI batting is too poor to bowl at, as it often proves) for 20 over games (the 'simulated' score for 50 overs games is unrealistic, so I have to do 20-20 games - it's slightly insulting that they put so little effort into their 'skip innings' function when their Batting AI is so bad that and the bowling/batting sides of the game so misbalanced that no serious player is likely to juggle both into making a slightly realistic scorecard).

Chasing a score of 150-180 in 20 overs (usually what it simulates the socre to be) is reasonably good fun (okay, a little easy, but I'm hoping Chesnut's player editor will fix that) but for one huge problem: endless dropped catches by the AI fielding side.

It just looks ridiculous to see Australia drop 3 sitters in a row. I've tried setting the fielder's attributes for reflexes and judgement to '99' in the editor; but still the catches keep going down.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm playing on Test difficulty, btw. Remember, it's not me dropping catches but the AI - the AI fielders are just too rubbish.

From the outset it was clear to me that to get something approaching a believable game of cricket, you have to 'work with' the game, i.e. purposefully vary your shots and not rely on certain ones that always provide boundaries - actually work the ball around to try and make it look and feel like a game of cricket. But this catching thing is absurd and there's no real way around unless there's a stat or setting I can mess with. Hence this mail.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Theres nothing to help that AI catching I don't think, other then Maxing the stats?

khan31

International Coach
Even then they drop it! I had ponting drop one and then symonds. To my knowledge they are some of the best fielders in World Cricket today! Ironically Monty Panesar took a blinder at fine leg! One of those running diving ones!

Users who are viewing this thread