Draft: OH JIMMY JIMMY

I certainly hadn't planned to do this, but...

1_GettyImages-1576258935.jpg

:eng: :ar: Stuart Broad
3,662 runs @ 18.02 (1 century, best 169) and 604 wickets @ 27.68 (20 5WI, best 8/15) in 167 matches

I hadn't expected to pick a bowler first, but with Broad still available it's hard to look past him. From his first eight Tests, Broad averaged over 40 with the bat, and his historic 169 against Pakistan brought up his 1,000 Test runs at the still respectable average of 28.10. It was around this time that Broad briefly batted as high as number seven, but as that part of his game declined, his bowling soared as he became one of England's most frequent match-winners across the following decade.

@Paranoid Kendroid to double pick

:eng: :ar: Chris Woakes
:eng: :bwl: Jack Leach

Every side needs a spinner and there aren't any decent options available after Graeme Swann. Leach has gone a bit underrated these days despite the second best spinner for England after Swann (I consider him above Panesar at the moment).

Woakes gives me a solid pacer who can bat pretty well.

Back to @Aislabie

For my next pick, I've gone for a player I didn't particularly like - but if I want to win cricket matches, I can't overlook him.

1721288006212.png

:eng: :bat: Kevin Pietersen
8181 runs @ 47.28 (23 centuries, best 227) in 104 matches

Kevin Pietersen was a match-winner as England's long-term number four. A dominant and domineering force with bat in hand, he was in the conversation as one of the very best players in the world throughout roughly the first five years of his Test career. After his disastrous sojourn with the England captaincy, his output diminished a little as @KP_Genius felt unwelcome in the team and the team felt uncomfortable around him. I'm sure he and Broad can get on perfectly fine in this hypothetical team, but if not then we'll happily take the former's runs and the latter's wickets and have them never talk to each other.

4. :eng: :bat: Kevin Pietersen
8. :eng: :ar: Stuart Broad

@Supreme General

As much as I’ve been one of his biggest critics for quite a while. No one can deny Moeen Ali’s service and dedication to England, 200 test wickets is still a great accomplishment for an English spinner as well as being a decent bat with great versatility from top order to number 8.

@Aravind.

Ollie Robinson 76 test wickets @ average of 22.

He has also 2300 runs in FC with a ton, so he can bat at 8.

My first pick Joe Root, in addition to his great numbers with bat 11804 @49.80, he has also got 68 test wickets, thus he will also contribute with ball.

4.Joe Root:bwl:
8.Ollie Robinson:bwl:

@Till Valhalla

Users who are viewing this thread