Draft: OH JIMMY JIMMY

At this point, I have chosen to pick my team's captain:

1721672325463.png

:eng: :bat: Nasser Hussain :c:

5,764 runs @ 37.18 (14 centuries, best 207) in 96 Test matches

Nasser Hussain was the best England Test captain of my lifetime. Of course, Michael Vaughan came along later and won the Ashes - but his success was built on the talent that was identified, blooded and nurtured in the team that Nasser built - including Vaughan himself. Hussain inherited the worst team in Test cricket, and he won matches with them. Even after his retirement, Hussain's media career has been a byword for insightful, forward-thinking analysis and a deep enthusiasm for cricket played better than it was in his day. With bat in hand, Hussain was a player of great innings but not an altogether great player: it would be fair to say that he scored his almost 6,000 runs despite certain technical limitations that other more gifted players (such as a Ramprakash, Hick or Crawley) didn't have. And he did so excellently.

3. :eng: :bat: Nasser Hussain :c:
4. :eng: :bat: Kevin Pietersen
5. :eng: :bat: Harry Brook
8. :eng: :ar: Stuart Broad

@Aravind.

Last edited:
Gary Ballance

Test runs at average of 40.31
FC runs at average of 47.74

3.Gary Ballance
4.Joe Root:c::bwl:
8.Darren Gough :bwl:
9.Ollie Robinson :bwl:

@Supreme General

Last edited:
:eng: :bat: Andrew Strauss :c:
:eng: :bat: James Taylor
:eng: :ar: Chris Woakes
:eng: :bwl: Jack Leach

He only played 7 Tests and didn't really do much, averaging 26 with 2 fifties. But his FC record (9000+ runs, 46 avg, 20 hundreds, 47 fifties) proves he was a capable player. Will bat at no. 4

@Welwyn

Users who are viewing this thread