Draft: OH JIMMY JIMMY

I've absolutely played myself here by trusting that there'd be an opener available this late in the game. Now that there isn't, it's time to get creative: Dan Lawrence will step up to open the same as he is due to do for England in a few days, and then the rest of the batting order shuffles about where necessary.

1723630514860.png

:eng: :ar: Dom Bess

318 runs @ 22.78 (best 57) an2d 36 wickets @ 33.97 (best 5/30) in 14 matches

On one warm day in Sri Lanka, Dom Bess truly embodied the advice: "if you can't be good, be lucky".
1723630582168.png

Of course there's more to Dom Bess than the most unlikely five-wicket haul since records began: he is also a very diligent cricketer, maximising every aspect of his game to ensure that he can contribute whatever his team needs him to. In my team, that is likely to be the dual role of number seven batter and first spinner, and I am confident that it's a role he can fulfil.

1. :eng: :bat: Sam Robson
2. :eng: :ar: Dan Lawrence
3. :eng: :bat: Nasser Hussain :c:
4. :eng: :bat: Kevin Pietersen
5. :eng: :bat: Harry Brook
6. :eng: :wkb: Jamie Smith
7. :eng: :ar: Dom Bess
8. :eng: :ar: Stuart Broad
9. :eng: :bwl: Kabir Ali
10. :eng: :bwl: Ryan Sidebottom

@Umair7

Whoever it was who just updated the index, I am incredibly grateful.
joe-rootcropped_t606zf2qhg1e1w5g6zldmf8vs.jpg

Considering that all the batters are taken, let’s get innovative. In the spirit of BazBall (yes, i’m deliberately repeating this as much as possible), Will Jacks will open.
Matt Parkinson rounds out our XI and bowling attack. With 4 seam options and 3 spin options, this is a lineup for all conditions.

Ben Duckett :bat:
Will Jacks :ar:
Mark Butcher :bat:
Tom Westley :bat:
Ben Stokes :ar: :c:
Sam Billings :wkb:
Sam Curran :ar:
Jofra Archer :ar:
Matt Parkinson :bwl:
Jake Ball :bwl:
Shoaib Bashir :bwl:

@Perfect Square

My last pick is Amjad Khan. Not the Sholay Actor but the Sussex and Kent Cricketer.

He only got to appear in a single Test match. His FC record as a right arm pacer is pretty decent with nearly 350 wickets at 31.6 average.

This also completes my XI. I'm pretty satisfied with it as well. It's a well rounded team. Batting till no. 8 with 4 front line bowlers, 4 pace and 3 spin options.

1. :eng: :bat: Alastair Cook :c:
2. :eng: :bat: Ed Smith
3. :eng: :ar: Joe Denly
4. :eng: :ar: Ravi Bopara
5. :eng: :bat: Graham Thorpe
6. :eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler
7. :eng: :ar: Samit Patel
8. :eng: :ar: Martin Bicknell
9. :eng: :bwl: Amjad Khan
10. :eng: :bwl: Matthew Hoggard
11. :eng: :bwl: Monty Panesar

@Till Valhalla is next

Given my batting issues and the fact he is averaging almost 40 out of nowhere this year in the Championship. I'm picking Mason Crane and making the pitch peak Ciderbad or 90's Wantage Road

@Supreme General

1. :eng: :bat: Michael Carberry
2. :eng: :bat: Rob Key
3. :eng: :wkb: Ollie Pope
4. :eng: :bat: Michael Vaughan :c:
5. :eng: :wk: Chris Read
6. :eng: :ar: Graeme Swann
7. :eng: :ar: Gareth Batty
8. :eng: :ar:? Mason Crane
9. :eng: :bwl: Josh Tongue
10. :eng: :bwl: Steve Harmison
11. :eng: :bwl: Graham Onions

Shaun Udal played only 4 test matches took 8 wickets.

822 FC wickets @32.47
7931 FC runs @22.59 more than handy with bat.

He completes my XI with players suitable for all conditions, 3 quality pacers, Anthony McGrath can support them when needed, Adil Rashid can get support from Shaun Udal and Joe Root in spin friendly tracks.

Top 4 batsman looks strong and almost everyone can bat with good numbers under their name.

Happy with the way drafts went for us, thank you @Aislabie for running this draft and please update the index of my team with the below lineup.

1. :eng: :bat: Zak Crawley
2. :eng: :bat: Alex Lees
3. :eng: :bat: Gary Ballance
4. :eng: :ar: Joe Root :c:
5. :eng: :ar: Anthony McGrath
6. :eng: :wk: Tim Ambrose
7. :eng: :ar: Adil Rashid
8. :eng: :bwl: Shaun Udal
9. :eng: :bwl: Ollie Robinson
10. :eng: :bwl: Darren Gough
11. :eng: :bwl: Chris Tremlett

@Paranoid Kendroid