Okay, PC Gaming with Keyboards is pathetic!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, after many years of playing my PS2 and enjoying games such as San Andreas, Cricket 04, NBA Live, Tiger Woods, Pro Evolution Soccer etc.
I think it's time I start playing PC games. They have better graphics and mods are too good to resist (particularly GTA, PES, C07 and NBA).

But the problem is that I hate using the keyboad for games like GTA and PES! It's damn near impossible!

So I need some sort of controller I think. Now, I dont have a clue what type of controllers you can get, what they cost and what they look like. So this is where I need help.

1. Is there one controller for PC? Like a "PC Controller", similar to how there is Xbox and PS2 controllers.

2. I have heard about PS2 USB converters or something like that? If that means that I can use my own PS2 controller, plug in a USB thingy and then I can use my PS2 control to play PC games? If this is possible, stop reading and tell me where/how I can get one!:help

3. Is there more then one brand of PC controller? So, is there a particular brand that supports most games? Iam looking for a control that will work with games like, PES6, GTA San Andreas, C07 and so on.

If you can help, please do so! I need to wake up, and stop using that pathetic keyboard:eek:

(By the way, Iam Australian, and don't just say www.ebay.com, Oh and I have Windows Vista)

I have done a bit of research and came across this, it says I can use my PS2 control for PC games?
31S80NS4W5L._AA280_.jpg

Is it a good buy? Will it work with Vista?

Last edited:

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
To honest with you I use the Logitech Rumble Pad 2 and think its fine for PC gaming. I've used it with the EA series of games (Fifa, Cricket etc) as well as Pro Evo.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Hmmm..Looks pretty neat. But do you reckon a USB PS2 adaptor would be cheaper and more effective for a person like me who is so used to PS2?

Goin to bed, will look at replies in the morning lol

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
USB PS2 adapters are the best bar none. I've got two so I can play two player on my laptop with two PS2 controllers. Most PC games already have the correct button configurations mapped out automatically as well. I would seriously recommend purchasing he adapter.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yes usb/PS2 adapters work on vista, I've got one myself. My thinking was pretty much similar to you, in that I wanted a controller that was like my PS2 controller and a lot of controllers just look like cheap imitations of the PS2 controller so why not have the original? Plus there is the added bonus that an adapter is cheaper than even the nastiest controller. On the downside you sometimes find the button allocation can be a bit screwy with adapters (not a problem if you are playing decent games that allow you to reassign controls to your liking - Anyone listening from EA or Codies!!!!!?????)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Haha, Yeah. I think I will go with a PS2 adapter for the familiarity and cost.

And the PC controllers look exactly the same as the PS2 ones anyways.

I assume you can change the buttons around for PES6? And GTA?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I prefer to use a keyboard on first person shooter games than my logitech control pad, but thats it.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yes you can Hooper.

Anyone who doesn't use a keyboard and mouse for FPS games is weird.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Buy a wired Xbox 360 controller. Works a treat for PC gaming. I use it for all my PC gaming and it is awesome, probably the best USB controller out there imo.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Nah, I find you have to have freakishly deformed hands to use an xbox controller.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, I agree. I cant stand the weird looking, buttons everywhere, humongus controllers!

I have chosen to buy a PS2 USB adapter, thanks people!

Users who are viewing this thread