Older Online PC FPS games that are still active?

Probably getting CoD 4 soon, to test out my new GPU. What's that like online and is it worth buying for the campaign as well?

Camping is when you either sit in an OP position for too long and just exploit it. Depends it can have many different meanings

Does anyone know if SWAT 4 is still active? That'd make an amazing online game, it'd be worth picking it up again just for that.

Everyone knocks camping, myself included, but the fact of the matter is that its a part of war and is perfectly acceptable.

Everyone knocks camping, myself included, but the fact of the matter is that its a part of war and is perfectly acceptable.

True. The sort of thing that annoys me the most is when some idiot sits next to a spawning point and picks everyone off! The fact is, in some cases, camping is necessary, for example when you've found a good sniper spot and no-one knows you're there. Of course, once they do, you'd be well advised to shift yourself...

Does anyone know if SWAT 4 is still active? That'd make an amazing online game, it'd be worth picking it up again just for that.

Does anyone know if this game's still active?

If you're into Quake 3, keep an eye out for Quake Live which is currently in beta. It's basically a retooling of Quake 3 and Team Arena. Backed by in-game advertising, it will be 100% free. The engine has been updated and designed to run out of a web browser. It also introduces a skill based matchmaking system similar to battle.net.

Users who are viewing this thread