Discussion Online Play General Discussion

was really looking forward to this game but online is broken
too much lag and also i think the game speed is too slow with regards to changing camera views
their are a lots of bugs
sometimes you just play a defensive shot and you are given out even when the replay shows ball going straight to fielders hand
sorry to say but the game is disappointing online
:mad:mad
may be they can fix it with a patch or something or will have to wait for next iteration

too much lag and also i think the game speed is too slow with regards to changing camera views
their are a lots of bugs
sometimes you just play a defensive shot and you are given out even when the replay shows ball going straight to fielders hand
may be they can fix it with a patch or something or will have to wait for next iteration

I agree many matches online are totally useless because of the glitches, like our game that other day.

However there are players you will have better connectivity to who you will be able to play a more glitch free match. I have a few people on my friends list who i can play lag and glitch free.

their are a lots of bugs

If both are in wired the lag will very minimum depending upon the latency and those issues won't occur.

Well they must fix the Wireless issue , because I`m sure as hell not gonna run a cable through whole of my house to the Lounge , just because one game cannot sort out its online issues. But I`m sure its being looked at , as BA stated that they didnt ever test the game on wireless, so I`m sure it will be fine.

I can mention on a side note that whenever I play against guys on a fixed line/ADSL connection , the lag is non-existant although me myself is on Wireles>ADSL 4Mb/s line. Its only when 2 wireless players try to play that it all falls apart.

I`ve had 3 or 4 online matches in a row with absolutely zero glitches , and then as soon as I match up with a guy on a mobile 3G wireless/wired connection , all hell breaks loose. Thats when all the bugs and errors will pop out , until it gets to a point where either I forfeit or the game crashes.

Just like RIZZYX mentioned , for the time being now , I try and match up with guys I played before where the lag was non-existant. Only problem is , Ive cut out all my real life friends that I bought the game for , and now we cannot even start our online tourney because of this , so its defnitly something that HAS to be fixed in Patch No. 2

Is there any players on xbox from the uk,looking for some good lag free games myself.:yes

I'm on xbox in Switzerland but with good internet. I'll be looking to play against poms so will be up for a game at some point, but right now I'm very busy with other things and haven't practiced on veteran level yet, i.e. without the bowling assistance.

Online is frustrating,just been playing doubledgedspy,he was just leaving balls just outside the leg stump and the umpire was keep giving them as wides.:eek:

Online is frustrating,just been playing doubledgedspy,he was just leaving balls just outside the leg stump and the umpire was keep giving them as wides.:eek:

That seems fair enough. In shorter formats anything down the leg side is given as a wide - even deliveries that almost brush leg stump.

Not sure what is frustrating about that.

I have been playing cricket for more than 15 years now and have been given a wide pretty much every time I have bowled down the leg side, even if it is 'just outside leg stump'.

True, and arguably the rule is a bit too harsh in limited overs game. It's like saying there's a huge wall built on the leg side of the batsman and it's closed for business and therefore you can't force the batsman to hit there by bowling in that area. Keep it nice and straight and a little outside of off stump at all times!

When in fact, leg side is considered to be one's natural side to hit a stroke.

Anyway, that's reality. We have nothing to do with reality here, do we? :D

In the game, the wide rule seems to be behaving erratically. Even if a right handed batsman is standing with his legs well outside the leg stump, bowler is going round the wicket, and batsman moved to his off side and missed the ball passing outside leg, that is technically not a wide ball right? Also, when bowling over the wicket onto the leg stump when batsman was standing well outside his leg stump and missed the ball right above his bat, it's still given a wide and that's just broken.

True, and arguably the rule is a bit too harsh in limited overs game. It's like saying there's a huge wall built on the leg side of the batsman and it's closed for business and therefore you can't force the batsman to hit there by bowling in that area. Keep it nice and straight and a little outside of off stump at all times!

When in fact, leg side is considered to be one's natural side to hit a stroke.

Anyway, that's reality. We have nothing to do with reality here, do we? :D

In the game, the wide rule seems to be behaving erratically. Even if a right handed batsman is standing with his legs well outside the leg stump, bowler is going round the wicket, and batsman moved to his off side and missed the ball passing outside leg, that is technically not a wide ball right? Also, when bowling over the wicket onto the leg stump when batsman was standing well outside his leg stump and missed the ball right above his bat, it's still given a wide and that's just broken.

No matter where the batsman stands or what he does, if the ball goes wide of leg stump and behind the batsman it's a wide. But if the ball goes in front of the batsman, i.e. between the batsman and the leg stump, it should not be called a wide.

No matter where the batsman stands or what he does, if the ball goes wide of leg stump and behind the batsman it's a wide. But if the ball goes in front of the batsman, i.e. between the batsman and the leg stump, it should not be called a wide.

Absolutely. And that's the phrase I was looking for to explain the bug. "in front of the batsman"...in DBC 14 sometimes even those balls are given wide.

Absolutely. And that's the phrase I was looking for to explain the bug. "in front of the batsman"...in DBC 14 sometimes even those balls are given wide.

Speaking of sometimes, sometimes the ball hits the batsman on the pads and it is given wide, so much so I had a batsman absolutely plumb LBW but the umpire called it wide. :eek: (Should have gone to specsavers.)

When bowling with a medium pacer (or any batter that tries to turn around his arm as a bowler,they end up bowling a slow ball (88kp/h) bouncer that never lifts , seemingly unplayable . This ball pitches around 9 meters from the batsmen , but on the batting view when bowled , the ball shows green or even Yellow :eek: . This turns a very unrealistic and almost unplayable ball into a wicket taker everytime . Why is it not showing red at least to somehow try and convey that a longhop has been bowled.

Same thing happens with the slow ball longhop from a spinner , masquerading as the Drift and Flight + O button ball. This ball turns out to be almost unplayable and very unrealistic .

Does anyone have an idea how to play these , or if their timing windows are going to be widened in Patch No. 2 . I feel strongly that this needs to be fixed as a long hop is supposed to be a easy hit....

When bowling with a medium pacer (or any batter that tries to turn around his arm as a bowler,they end up bowling a slow ball (88kp/h) bouncer that never lifts , seemingly unplayable . This ball pitches around 9 meters from the batsmen , but on the batting view when bowled , the ball shows green or even Yellow :eek: . This turns a very unrealistic and almost unplayable ball into a wicket taker everytime . Why is it not showing red at least to somehow try and convey that a longhop has been bowled.

Same thing happens with the slow ball longhop from a spinner , masquerading as the Drift and Flight + O button ball. This ball turns out to be almost unplayable and very unrealistic .

Does anyone have an idea how to play these , or if their timing windows are going to be widened in Patch No. 2 . I feel strongly that this needs to be fixed as a long hop is supposed to be a easy hit....

Play very very late and it helps if you play such deliveries on the front foot. On back foot it takes even longer for the delivery to reach you and you will get LBW or bowled.

Users who are viewing this thread