Discussion Online Play General Discussion

legedmaster

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have not played online a lot( mostly have been playing in career mode) but posting a few quick queries/questions for online pros to help/comment to see if this is normal online behavior of DB14 or if there is something I can do to improve my gaming experience( apologies if this has already been discussed/answered before)

Bowling
1) The bowler kind of moves in slow motion in delivery stride(before releasing)- doesn't bother that much but just wondering if there is a setting/config etc to turn this off

Batting
1) While I can bat reasonably well in career mode , I feel I need to premeditate while playing online and press the buttons much earlier than in offline/career mode.... if I wait for the ball to be released and follow its trajectory its already too late.
2) Just in general the online game seems to lag and be a bit jittery, didn't have this problem in AC 2009 or even cricket revolution or other FPS.( I already have a pretty fast internet connection so it's not network speed on my end)
3) In conjunction with premeditation above, detecting speed variations in deliveries is almost impossible for me at this time so in essence I am just rolling the dice most of the times while batting online, if it connects it connects otherwise i get bowled or caught(mistimed)

Combination of the above more or less ruins the online game for me. I am hoping and assuming that this is not the general experience of everyone here and maybe there are few things which can be done on my end to improve and meditate these.

Any help/advise will be appreciated.thanks

grkrama

National Board President
The bowler kind of moves in slow motion in delivery stride before delivery mode- doesn't bother that much but just wondering if there is a setting/config etc to turn this off
It is to compensate the latency between your end and at batting end so that to the batter bowling appears in real time.[DOUBLEPOST=1408303647][/DOUBLEPOST]
Batting
1) While I can bat reasonably well in career mode , I feel I need to premeditate while playing online and press the buttons much earlier than in offline/career mode.... if I wait for the ball to be released and follow its trajectory its already too late.
2) Just in general the online game seems to lag and be a bit jittery, didn't have this problem in AC 2009 or even cricket revolution or other FPS.( I already have a pretty fast internet connection so it's not network speed on my end)
3) In conjunction with premeditation above, detecting speed variations in deliveries is almost impossible for me at this time so in essence I am just rolling the dice most of the times while batting online, if it connects it connects otherwise i get bowled or caught(mistimed)

your batting issues mostly appear to be due to connection probs, they may not necessarily have to be at your end though it also depends on who you connect with also internet congestion etc, still the best way would be to try itout with a friend and see how it goes for you.

phani001

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
anyone fancy a test match on PS3?
I would like to play one but I will be free at 1 AM GMT i.e 6 hours from now.... let me know....you can add me on PSN - Phanindra001

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's going to take me forever to get a highlights package up - but just had the best online match ever - reorganised the scorecard for clarity:
vlcsnap-2014-08-20-23h06m10s55.jpg

Custom match type - but a regular test, just with days truncated to 20 overs and more reviews.

Biggs got off to a great start, smashing me around the park and even getting a century with one of his Biggs. Then I came out to bat and just tried to smash everything, ended up declaring on 8/48 because I thought I was totally gone. Biggs enforced the follow on, and then I got my biggest score ever - a 258 to set a target of 133.

Then, after a few big outfield catches getting rid of a couple of Biggs that had got big starts, and an LBW that went my way on the umpire's call - I managed to just make it in the end by 10 runs.

Online when it's good, is just absolutely amazing.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
10 runs to win; Biggs out, bowled Whitehorn.... and it was game over on the 5th day of the test. Incredible match. Absolutely incredible. During Matt's incredible (have I said that enough?) 258 I successfully bowled to a plan and took two wickets setting him up with a field set, never felt like I'd genuinely achieved something special in a cricket game before, whilst still losing in the end! Stoked with my first 100 too. I had to go at 6 an over to chase down that 133 and I almost got there short of some great medium pace bowling from Matt. He's incredibly hard to beat with the ball.

Such a good match, if you're not playing online you're nuts.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Never thought of using 20 over days in a test... Might have to nick that idea too ;) i play dale alot in tests but very rarely get to the end of the 2nd day. All i need to change is the number of overs in a day for it to work yes?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Never thought of using 20 over days in a test... Might have to nick that idea too ;) i play dale alot in tests but very rarely get to the end of the 2nd day. All i need to change is the number of overs in a day for it to work yes?
Yep. It stays a 'test' match stats wise as long as you don't change the number of balls.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yep. It stays a 'test' match stats wise as long as you don't change the number of balls.

Ahh thats great thanks! I've tried the super test format too but think this 20 over day test will be best. As i bat roughly 20-35 overs an innings that would make it much more realistic if that would be batting 1 1/2 days in a test. Thanks for sharing the format always good to try little changes to best suit the player.

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would love to try this 'supertest' format and great to read that Biggs and Matt had a good online game.

Have to agree that online is really enjoyable when you get a sound opponent to play and the potential for this game is great in that regard.

However the sad and frustrating thing for me is that games like this are few and far between, as when I do firstly have time to go online for a game, the following scenario normally plays out:-

Wait 15/20/30 mins with a match room setup -no-one joins (some souls try but mysteriously fail) - mash the refresh Y button expectantly waiting for another match room to appear - 2 match rooms then appear at once (both though with the same username -whats that about???) - Match room states 20 over game - I think great - join game and match is now a Five5 superbash... -i think this is not so great - dufus opponent then selects a 5 star DIY UberDreamteam - I aimlessly pick my own standard team without knowing the pitch conditions ( secretly wishing I had taken the time to create my own SuperDuper Team :rolleyes....) - Game starts - I realise how crap my opponents connection is (no way of telling beforehand) - "Sporting" opponent wins toss, bowls and brings on Brian Lara or Hashim Amla (or similar non bowling medium paced batsman) to steam in and open the bowling - bowls 6 extremely slow and extremely short pitched deliveries - I try and hit the ball - But I can't as I'm crap and the ball is also too slow and loopy - I get out - I get annoyed...but play on - I lose more wickets to this bowling masterplan - Finally I scrap together some runs - commentators mock my innings total - opponent bats - opponent charges down wicket (no respect shown to my spinners may i add) - Opponent wins - I cry.....Long awaited online match is over ......I then setup another match room somehow hoping my next opponent is just a decent human being looking for a decent online cricket game.....

Sorry rant over :) I've been very unlucky the past few days with my opponents - I think from now on when I boot up DBC and no friends are online it'll be single player action.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Just play with people you know. Simple. Taking random folks on in online games and expecting them to play in a reasonable normal fashion is like walking into a bar somewhere in Texas you've never been and expecting to put together a touring company for your version of Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Just play with people you know. Simple. Taking random folks on in online games and expecting them to play in a reasonable normal fashion is like walking into a bar somewhere in Texas you've never been and expecting to put together a touring company for your version of Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Challenge accepted. Does it have to be Texas or could I choose an English equivalent?

Users who are viewing this thread