Online quitters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with long matches is connection gets lost. I have tried playing a test match was a brilliant game had to leave, fend, duck had partnerships, mini-collapse etc and then connection is lost!

well I am hoping that it is just a problem with the servers and will be fixed. If the servers are not good enough to last a 20 over game, then it will be a damn shame. I bought a Test match game, I want to play a longer game, not a 5 over mickey mouse cricket match

Can anyone post screen shot of online menu or lobby or see how it works.thanks

I don't understand why losing is such a big deal. There is nothing like a match with some outcome. If its close that's just perfect. I was earlier playing with a guy from PC on Xbox live and had to really think before what I was doing he was bowling brilliantly but if you connect to random gametags you are bound to have a connection lost message appearing!

nimish_sach added 4 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

well I am hoping that it is just a problem with the servers and will be fixed. If the servers are not good enough to last a 20 over game, then it will be a damn shame. I bought a Test match game, I want to play a longer game, not a 5 over mickey mouse cricket match

Can you believe it in the online play there is record for everything for eg.

Ashes Test
Best batting strike rate
Best bowling
Total Wickets
etc.. etc

And the best batting average is in mid 20s for the finished games that is horrible! if that was 20-20 still acceptable.
Batting Strike rate of over 300

Codemasters - what will be done about quitters online!!?

I think it is pretty ridiculous that:

- I can find no actual table of ranked players and wins/losses, merely wickets etc etc...

and worst of all....

- people thus just quit, like they did in my one and only online game (as went from joy to despair and would like to avoid those kind of emotions when have invested in them out of my own pocket)

I fought back from being caned for 20-odd off two overs and had india (with NZ) 6/60 - then

boooyaaa!!!

quit time....

Could not find player on list to report or ban from future games either, as there is no list.

How is this logical, fair or anything less than lacklustre?

The online until the quit was almost lag-free, certainly lag-free during the game itself and gameplay, so the fact that quitting and a ladder with auto wins for quitter victims does not go punished or published respectively is nothing short of a travesty...

Shame on you C'Masters.... you broke my heart

:crying

okay, nah, game good, but update for no-quitting without forfeiting, and make a ladder - then this is a timeless classic I will recommend to everyone...

most complaints are bs and from whingers who can't bowl well enough or intelligently enough bowl people (okay only done four times, lol!!) or force lbw shouts, well, get better..... but this is only an 8/10 game till online fixed..

right now broke...

but looking forward to my first game of the scheduled online (no quitters) NZ/OZ 20/20 champs coming up... nice organisation again Yimmt :)

oh and this is my first post, but experienced gamer/writer, so, just wanted to open up by opening up a can on online... if ya dig...

cher

psn: Chunnster
:spy

chunnallani added 10 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

No yorkers, only one an over etc etc...

Why!!!???

Watch the ball out of the hand, know the bowler, know your ability and areas. and make your choice....

lol..... no yorkers!? How ridiculous.... get a bigger tele...

psn: chunnster (never quit, never predictable, yorker or otherwise...

played one, dude quit - pussy. Add me as friend if want non-quitter and good exciting game, but only if you are also not a quitter (I doubt forum members are, as is mostly kids and meataxes...)

codemasters will have, and I mean HAVE, to update so there is a table (like boxing) with wins etc, instead of current largely silly ones which are harder to track, and if someone quits, they forfeit the game and you chalk up a win...

then you can quit, quit to your heart's content ladies...

:banana2

This person call Petehud just quite :).
I was Pakistan and I made 230+ runs in my 20 overs and he was England.
he made up to 20-3 with Pietersen out and then he quite....that was my first Online match:doh

Just had someone quit on me again now ever since i got this game i think i only managed to finish of like 3 / 4 games most of them with mates.This is getting out of control now surely codies can do something about it! release a damn patch so we can see who the quitters are i was in last over and had the game wrapped up but then this loser quits on me im so heart broken did so well in my 2020 game after losing early wickets i managed a good score.Then i bowled well all that effort drained down the gutter! :doh:crying

I'd rather just play short games. Don't know if you'd encounter ragers in a game like this.

I was playing a 5 over game, i batted first got 91/1 yonus(dunno about spelling) khan with a 50. I go into bowl first 3 wickets he hits and were caught then he quits. and his name didn't show up on my players met list. :(. He was bowling yorkers but all i did was dance down wicket and hit for 6 same with spinners.

I have played 3 games and only 1 person has quit and i won the other 2. 2nd online game, I needed 33 from 14 balls, he bowls a no ball and i hit for 6 so 26 from 13 balls. then it went down to 18 from 8 balls, then 14 from 7, 4 from 5 balls i won with 3 a2 balls remaining. My best match so far for online :D

So i play another match me with south africa him england (im in bat 1st)
He goes to do yorker it no ball dance down wicket it a 6
same again but a 4
then another no ball just lower than a yorker, dance down wicket and a 6 then he quits.

Last edited:
Another quit. :doh I was batting out of this world 8 overs for 203/4 in a T20 match and Warner on 99* guy quits! GRRRHHHHHHH

make a quitting % stat like they have with tiger woods
so the number of games u quit is recorded as a % to the total games u have entered.
then a search function so we can search for games with people at under 5% or 0% quitting %.
i doubt this is expensive to implement

Damn it, so damn many quitters :(( If anyone wants a non quitter add PSN:Suree

i will not quit

hey eveyone my ps3 id is: foxy215

i just want to play some fyll online matches and i will never quit so add me n say vs in cricket and lets play :P :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread