Online quitters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imran-King on ps3, we actually chatted a bit before the match and he seemed genuine, however I bowled him out for 98 after having him 40odd-9, excellent 10th wicket partnership. The game disconnected when i was 60 odd for 1.

He messaged me saying it was his ps3, I would be willing to give him another go, if he completes then I will edit this post.

I already told you..that I didnt quit..,I play against my friends and family most of the time (unranked). I dont know why people quit..My internet connection is perfect and it never ever created any problem for me..Untill Ashes I only played PES..more than 2500 matches..never had any prob.

But yesterday I played with one of my friends also..I was winning,but he was kicked out of the game..I think ,there is some problem with the game..

Thats why we are sometimes also unable to connect, or you cant play a shot (''couldnt find'')..Its very easy to blame anyone for quitting..if the game disconnects..How would you react if I named LeftArmFast as a quitter here..
No...you didnt quit yesterday...I didnt Quit either..

So..next time..try to think a bit positive..especially when someone,adds you,chats with you before a game..during the game..and after the game!!!

Btw the partnership was around the.. 60 runs..

Give me a rematch tonight..

Deep down, I'm thinking I'm getting tired of explaining myself. I've got a good reputation around here (heck, I've been helping the problem of quitters of ICC09, given you know, I work for CT), if you want to believe me, great, if not, I don't really care, I know what happened and I know that there are a lot of quitters online and it makes people emotional, as Lee himself has experienced with having had 15-20 people quit on him recently. It's not fun, I'm a fair play and would be willing to have a game with any PC'er.

Deep down, I'm thinking I'm getting tired of explaining myself. I've got a good reputation around here (heck, I've been helping the problem of quitters of ICC09, given you know, I work for CT), if you want to believe me, great, if not, I don't really care, I know what happened and I know that there are a lot of quitters online and it makes people emotional, as Lee himself has experienced with having had 15-20 people quit on him recently. It's not fun, I'm a fair play and would be willing to have a game with any PC'er.

ha "im a fair player" good joke

Another quitter - imabhijitih

I batted first -

He was 0 for 1 after 1 over n then he and his balls gave up :laugh

ha "im a fair player" good joke

I have accepted sureshots apology and we have come to an understanding so i think we can draw a line under this one.
Second chances and all that.
All the other quitters i have experienced have never apologised they normally get a bit lairy via a message after, so fair play sureshot..

hey mate if you read my post carefully, i never once said that you quit, either way I have gone back and edited it. And would love another rematch.

This one's a completely understandable incident

This guy called vinod, was obviously a newbie....and played a T20 int'l with me

I smashed him around, scoring my highest in a T20, 397/4....I expected him to quit at many points during the innings. At one point, he even delayed the game, bowling one delivery a minute to make me quit...but to no avail

He finally quit at 27/9...poor chap...:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

KJO another quitter. :mad: looser wasted my 25 minutes.

so cant we list PC members..

i've neva quit a game unless i've had a connection problem..!
i've just played around 10 matches..anyone recognise me..:D

other fair players i've played with are..

rocky_g (just lost a game against him rather poorly..a lot of runouts..my bad)
bettyblue (i thought he would quit as he was scoring poorly..but thats the spirit..never quit)

Last edited:
wat ev deep down you know your lieing i dont have to live with that sooo....

If someone has offered an explanation and an apology you need to accept that. I for one have been in a situation where I have found Sureshot to be very helpful and supportive. That shows character as well. It is not good enough to accuse someone of lying. I would suggest that it is not your call to question whether someone deep down is lying or not. You do not know. He has offered an explanation and has been quite friendly and open about it. That counts for something I feel.

Plus the man lives in Sussex; they only got electricity last year!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
am not sure of this but i played a game with wayne
after 2 overs of a 5 match game he quit on me..dunno whether it was a connection problem or something but i got the message "lost connection to host"..
is there a special message wen someone quits..?

so cant we list PC members..

i've neva quit a game unless i've had a connection problem..!
i've just played around 10 matches..anyone recognise me..:D

other fair players i've played with are..

rocky_g (just lost a game against him rather poorly..a lot of runouts..my bad)
bettyblue (i thought he would quit as he was scoring poorly..but thats the spirit..never quit)

Thats me. And sorry you lost it becoz you were attacking from ball one not becoz of run outs. 4/4 in first 2 overs. ;)

Last edited:
am not sure of this but i played a game with wayne
after 2 overs of a 5 match game he quit on me..dunno whether it was a connection problem or something but i got the message "lost connection to host"..
is there a special message wen someone quits..?

No. You never know whether someone has quit because of technical or less moral problems. It would be nice to get a message like:

"Unfortunately the sad geek who actually thinks this game means something important has decided to live up to his reputation and end the game out of pure frustration of not being able to get his own way all the time. This has now happened five times with this person and we have blocked his user name for a week. Rest assured dear non-quitter that your runs and wickets and stats have been saved and you have received 5 bonus points for not quitting. Codemasters would like to wish you a nice day!"

However you always know when someone is going to quit because they are a loser, you can sense it. Ah well, I still had some batting and bowling practice!

dutchad added 6 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

This one's a completely understandable incident

This guy called vinod, was obviously a newbie....and played a T20 int'l with me

I smashed him around, scoring my highest in a T20, 397/4....I expected him to quit at many points during the innings. At one point, he even delayed the game, bowling one delivery a minute to make me quit...but to no avail

He finally quit at 27/9...poor chap...:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

Well I have had players in a similiar positon who still didn't quit. Nebbie5 is a good example. He only managed 30 runs and I thought okay I won't be batting then. But no he stuck around till the end and I got to 30 for 1 in three overs and he waited until the game fiinshed properly. Thank you my friend; obviously I want play nebbie 5 often!

Last edited by a moderator:
No. You never know whether someone has quit because of technical or less moral problems. It would be nice to get a message like:

"Unfortunately the sad geek who actually thinks this game means something important has decided to live up to his reputation and end the game out of pure frustration of not being able to get his own way all the time. This has now happened five times with this person and we have blocked his user name for a week. Rest assured dear non-quitter that your runs and wickets and stats have been saved and you have received 5 bonus points for not quitting. Codemasters would like to wish you a nice day!"

However you always know when someone is going to quit because they are a loser, you can sense it. Ah well, I still had some batting and bowling practice!

well said..i wish there was such a message..:D
but if it was my connection problem will a message appear..!

the same guy might then post my name as a quitter..
i've played just a few games..

won 45% of 'em and lost the rest..i've never had close matches..either i win by huge margin or i loose by a very huge margin..:doh
so whats your ID..have u ever played with me..i dont know for sure whether i have any connection problems or whether i play with loosers..!

so am warning everyone who play with me..i may be havin a connection problem..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread