Outsourced

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Anyone watch this show? The second episode was on today and it was hilarious.

outsourced_nbc_tv_show_logo.jpg

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Don't know what sort of show that would be. :sarcasm

This show is okay. I don't think it's going to last the whole season. I believe it is an expansion of the movie by the same name, which was kind of awesome.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
It's not that bad. For once the west portrays India *kind of* how it actually is - not slums and villages and cows everywhere

P

pcfan123

oh and I forgot, the coolest Indian guy in America right now is probably Aziz Ansari. HIs standup is garbage but he plays very funny roles in shows like Parks and Rec/ Human Giant and Flight of the Conchords. He plays a regular guy, not an Apu

20090106_aziz_190x190.jpg

Mark added 11 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

also Kelly from the office is not Apu

P

pcfan123

He just yells loudly. Sort of like a Dane Cook and Cedric the Entertainer mix

P

pcfan123

Don't get me started on him. He has one "funny" standup and its just self-deprecating humor, making stereotypical jokes about his own people. He is not a good comedian in my books.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Don't get me started on him. He has one "funny" standup and its just self-deprecating humor, making stereotypical jokes about his own people. He is not a good comedian in my books.
You're obviously entitled to your own opinion but I don't think you are even attacking him in the correct areas. Many of his jokes aren't about his own people. For example, he's not Chinese, African, Jamaican, American, etc. but he makes fun of all these people. Obviously he's going to have a lot of his content based on his ethnicity. All comedians who make fun of racial stereotypes do it. Most black comedians, for example, make fun of black people and the racial misunderstandings that are funny.

I think he's a great comedian and I'm excited to go see him in Austin in a little more than a month.

sohum added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Hilariously, one of RP's DVD's was named Outsourced. :D

Users who are viewing this thread