Outsourced

P

pcfan123

Which is exactly why it will fail. It's too based in foreign culture to be on network TV.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
But coming from a smallish town like I do, there are a LOT of my classmates that are following the show. Largely based off the influence of my constant Indian humor, perhaps :p

P

pcfan123

Weird how no mention of cricket yet in the show, you think they would have done a cricket episode right off the bat (excuse the pun)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Haha, I think they are saving it for later. They are running out of stereotypes fast. How much longer are they going to play up arranged marriage? Only got vegetarianism and cricket to go...

P

pcfan123

Arranged marriage bit is annoying, its not really like that is it? with resumes and people listing their skin tone ? Cause it sounds really racist and backwards, at least on the show.

Mark added 9 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

oh and can we agree on Gupta being the best character?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
That's how the arranged marriage system works in practice in many places, especially in smaller towns. In metros/more developed cities the arranged marriage system is more of an internalized dating system, not unlike a dating site, except with the intent of marriage at the end and a very collapsed time frame.

Viewership-wise, it's doing okay. It's getting as many viewers as 30 Rock, but it's also in the prime time slot so it's not doing as well as they would hope.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
I watched all the episodes so far, and I don't think goray will understand even half of the show. Surprised it's doing as well as sohum said it was.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Arranged marriage bit is annoying, its not really like that is it? with resumes and people listing their skin tone ? Cause it sounds really racist and backwards, at least on the show.

Mark added 9 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

oh and can we agree on Gupta being the best character?

Gupta is a boss. I like the Indian manager too.

There are resume's (biodatas) yes :p. Not really racist as much as job/income-ist.

P

pcfan123

I mean this guy whoever he is

parvesh_cheena.jpg

reminds me of Binnu

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hate the way American television works. So many potentially great programs wouldn't have been made in this country if we went by a similar series.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The episode yesterday sucked.

What's particularly amusing is that their set is so obviously not in India. There are sooooo many whites, hispanics, blacks masquerading around in Indian dresses.

P

pcfan123

I actually like ydays compared to the others. That Aussie chick is smoking

Users who are viewing this thread