Pakistan in South Africa

evertonfan said:
Ah I didn't see that. I don't what your talking about though; England didn't play at Multan in 2005 and we certainly didn't lose by a small margin chasing 200 thanks to an inspired Akhtar. :spy
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a dream, cuz it sure seemed like it :)

Hearing more and more news that Sami will replace Kaneria. The blokes at PCB are idiots!

Well who's going to be the spin option then? Please god tell me they aren't re-calling Afridi?

evertonfan said:
Ah I didn't see that. I don't what your talking about though; England didn't play at Multan in 2005 and we certainly didn't lose by a small margin chasing 200 thanks to an inspired Akhtar. :spy
the 1st test in 2005 was in multan

which pakistan won by 20odd runs

gambino said:
the 1st test in 2005 was in multan

which pakistan won by 20odd runs

:laugh

Where you even aware that it was a joke? :rolleyes:

I know quite well that we lost that Test match and the third Test as well where Pakistan completed a 2-0 series victory.

nightprowler10 said:
I believe they plan on using Hafeez. Quite a trickster but no Kaneria IMO.

With all due respect he seems like just a part-timer. I can't really judge him though; I've only seen him a few times.

RoboRocks said:
The one we gave Pakistan when we should of won.
hmm.
Nothing giving, we took it!

@Matt: Hafeez was quite impressive in the last match. He is pretty much a carbon copy of Shoaib Malik, only better. At the end of the day he is just a part-timer, but a decent one.

gambino said:
i got a screensaver of shoaibs yorker to giles

Good for you

And in England's defense, all of our dismissalls were Pakistan's doing except Pietersen's who slashed at a ball that would have been called wide.

Last edited:
nightprowler10 said:
Nothing giving, we took it!

@Matt: Hafeez was quite impressive in the last match. He is pretty much a carbon copy of Shoaib Malik, only better. At the end of the day he is just a part-timer, but a decent one.
hafeez and malik have carbon copy actions of saqlain mushtaq

hence why saqlainw as dropped from the odi team cos malik can bat too

But Malik and Hafeez are nowhere near the class of Saqlain.

nightprowler10 said:
Back on topic please.

Anyway, here's my line-up going in to the next match:

Farhat
Hafeez
Younis
Yousuf
Inzy
Kamal
Akmal
Akhtar
Gul
Kaneria
Asif

Swap Farhat with Butt and i'd agree with that. Farhat just doesn't cu the mustard for me wheras Butt, although not exactly rock solid at the top, deserves more chances in the side.

And to elaborate on yoru Hafeez point NP, he seems pretty decent when you say he's better than Malik but what worries me is that he's a part-timer and will he be able to bowl long spells like Kaneria can? Not to mention he'll have to keep it tight at one end whilst Sami bowls expensively at the other.

evertonfan said:
Biut Malik and Hafeez are nowhere near the class of Saqlain.
I think PCB's thinking was that Saqlain was crap so lets go a spin option who tries to imitate Saqlain and can bat. In came Malik and now Hafeez.

Gambino is absolutely spot on that Malik and Hafeez are carbon copies of Saqlain, as is just about any off spinner coming out of Pakistan.

and also razzaq is now fit too
might be heading to sa for 3rd test
i always thought that when pakistan play the 8 batsmen ploy they are at their best
razzaq always covered as the 4th bowler giving us an extra batsman
this team would have been quite good this series and seriously challenged Sa

hafeez
farhat
younis
yousuf
inzi
malik
razzaq
akmal
shoaib
gul