Pakistan in South Africa

gambino said:
and probably has the most number of catches dropped off his bowling which have proved very costly

had dravid dropped on 20odd and he went on to make 270

had sehwag dropped(hard chance) and went on to make 309

Why do you always use dropped catches as an excuse? He isn't the only fast bowler to have catches dropped off him you know. I play club cricket and we had a charity game once and my dad played. He went at over 7 an over all day but he had a catch dropped in the slips in about his 3rd over. It's not his fault he bowled so badly is it? It must have been the slip fielder's. :rolleyes:

He's averaging over 40 in Test cricket and that's an absolute disgrace at Test level for a fast bowler. You need to stop being a fanboy towards your own team and realise that Sami is nowhere near good enough for Pakistan's Test side.

rickyp said:
just out of pure curiousity.

IF someone from Pakistan said what Gibbs said about the crowds, what would the ICC do?

pure opinion, i just want to see what the majority of people think

dont kno but some wouldnt say it because of religous reasons purely, or they might have beat up the fan like inzi did in Canada
:boxing

evertonfan said:
Why do you always use dropped catches as an excuse? He isn't the only fast bowler to have catches dropped off him you know. I play club cricket and we had a charity game once and my dad played. He went at over 7 an over all day but he had a catch dropped in the slips in about his 3rd over. It's not his fault he bowled so badly is it? It must have been the slip fielder's. :rolleyes:

He's averaging over 40 in Test cricket and that's an absolute disgrace at Test level for a fast bowler. You need to stop being a fanboy towards your own team and realise that Sami is nowhere near good enough for Pakistan's Test side.

Right, bens right too Pakistan have a good fast bowling attack.
Saqlain should be thought of again.
good spinner and can bat unlike Kaneria.

evertonfan said:

im talking about mohd sami
im not using his dropepd catches as an excuse but just stating facts so.....

you would know all about being a fanboy

im not comparing sami to other fast bowlers but just stating that i want him to be in the team

thats got nothing to do with you so unless i direct a post at you keep out of my way

the fans speak
Turns out 1 was a pakistan supporter while 2 supported south africa

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=4&art_id=vn20070117070336968C769930

Last edited:
gambino said:
i dont know your father

im not comparing sami to other fast bowlers but just stating that i want him to be in the team

thats got nothing to do with you so unless i direct a post at you keep out of my way

1.I know your talking about Sami and you know quite well that I was using a hypothetical situation to further prove your point as rubbish.

2.Why would I know all about being a fanboy?

3.I know you weren't; When did I say you were?

4.What right do you have to tell me what posts I can and cannot respond to?

gambino said:
i dont know your father

the fans speak
Turns out 1 was a pakistan supporter while 2 supported south africa

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=4&art_id=vn20070117070336968C769930

Thats out of line gambino.

Put an end to this pissing contest NOW. Any more posts on this will be considered spam and will be deleted. Learn to respect your fellow posters in the future.

Yeah point taken NP. I wouldn't have posted that last post had I seen your's first.

Back to topic then. Sami really shouldn't play a Test for Pakistan ever again. He's far too wayward and he seems completley incapable of bowling a boundary-less over.

Potentially at full strength Pakistan are now probably the strongest team going round at the moment.
Got the class of Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam in the middle order. A decent wicketkeeper & a brilliant bowling attack of Akhtar, Gul & Asif. There really isn't any place in there for Sami.

they need his pace and if allowed to go back to his full run up and speed he can be handful

younis let him go back in a spell to his full run up and he made kp jump everywhere

The problem is that Sami at full pace is all over the place. Some of his best bowling I've seen came at a reduced pace when he was much more accurate.

Pakistan have good back up too.
Shahid Nazir is a good bowler.
Razzaq can be a canny performer at times too.
I wonder when hes getting back into the team.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Potentially at full strength Pakistan are now probably the strongest team going round at the moment.
Got the class of Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam in the middle order. A decent wicketkeeper & a brilliant bowling attack of Akhtar, Gul & Asif. There really isn't any place in there for Sami.

I think we need to see them up against Australia to see where they truely are. With the Aussies going to be without some of their world class players of the last decade when they meet, nothing less than a win from Pakistan will convince me that they are in position to take that mantle.

Their problems at the moment are still that their opening partnership doesn't get consistently good starts, whilst their middle order if missing one of the big three can crack. Inzy's form also seems to be dipping whilst Yousuf is rising, so they have almost replaced each other. The bowling attack certainly looks good on paper, but I feel it needs Shoaib, and it needs Kaneria (or any other spinner) to step up and start performing, as without those two the backup is not world class (possibly is in Saqlain and Mushys case but until they play at test level again, who knows)

Finally Akmal, whilst a year and a half ago he looked the brightest wicket keeper batsman around, in the last year his form with the bat has been average at best, whilst his keeping has been even worse than that, I hope he refinds his early form and comes back a stronger player, because he certainly seemed to have the talent.

Users who are viewing this thread