Pakistan in South Africa

wfdu_ben91 said:
His speed is fine and good enough to beat the batsman through the air and on a flat pitch it would swing if it's pitched up because the pitch doesn't determine how fast you're bowling.

How can you justify off spinners not being effective til day 5? What about Murali? And the fact that Saqlain has a better average & strike-rate?

On a flat pitch The bowl loses more speed compared to pacy track and also there is no deviation. So if you do not have air speed even if you decieve the batsman by swing the batsman gets enough time to adjust as the ball loses more speed as it hits the pitch and also there is no seam movement on sub continent pitches.

He bowls at 130-135 i wish he maintains it.

Also murli is a wrist spinners he is not a finger spinner as finger spinners mostly depend on surface so i think leg spinners are better as history of cricket shows.

Interesting fact but rather useless.

Being double jointed like Murali (though not quite as extreme) I can't physically bowl off spin with my fingers, I can bowl wrist spin from the back of the hand but with my fingers it's hopeless.

Kaneria seems to be quite ineffective unless he takes a wicket in his first 10 overs, he almost seems to lose his calm and try harder to get a wicket.

Kamran Abbasi has posted the stupidest blog on cricinfo ever. How can a person complain about what cricketers say on the field, it happens its part of the game. Then he goes on to say that the crowd members who verbally abused Harris where agitated by on field verbals. How in the hell can the crowd hear what the players are saying?! This is disgusting, biased journalism.

Sureshot said:
Kaneria seems to be quite ineffective unless he takes a wicket in his first 10 overs, he almost seems to lose his calm and try harder to get a wicket.

Yup and South Africa poses alien conditions for Kaneria.
Afridi could have done well here with his fast spinning balls.
There is also Shoaib Malik who can turn quite a lot.

iceman_waugh said:
Yup and South Africa poses alien conditions for Kaneria.

Not really so far on this tour, the pitches haven't been your standard South African pitches, and if anything resembled a slowish, lowish Pakistan flatbed.

Pakistanis will have a lot of trouble if akhtar will not play!

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about? Akhtar is definitely playing,.....

Last edited by a moderator:
even if akhtar aint playing

aslong as we have gul and asif has someone to back him up then we should be ok

asif was on his own in 2nd sa innings

saqlain is even now a better bowler than danish

i hope danish carries on like this and pak selectors call up saqlain

i was watching a saqlain interview the other day and he said he has hopes for the world cup and also might sign up with surrey again this season

I'm not too sure about Saqlain, I saw him last year in the C&G he looked like an old man who could barely walk. How is his recent forn?

puddleduck said:
Not really so far on this tour, the pitches haven't been your standard South African pitches, and if anything resembled a slowish, lowish Pakistan flatbed.

I'm with Puddle on this one. Kaneria got some ripping turn throughout this Test match but he still didn't look too dangerous.

Drewska said:
I'm not too sure about Saqlain, I saw him last year in the C&G he looked like an old man who could barely walk. How is his recent forn?

just recovered from knee injury for which he had some big surgery last year

don't know why PCB don't trust the old guys like other countries like australia do(warne, McGrath etc)...i mean saqlain and mushi were doing very well in county cricket...atleast give em a chance to prove how good/crap they are...

Users who are viewing this thread