Pakistan in South Africa

Mushys better than Danish is. Mushy makes the batsman play at as many deliveries as any spinner in the world, certainly more than Danish, he may not rip it as much but he's more accurate plus has a tool kit Bob the Builder would be proud of.

Mushy should be in the Pakistan squad. Just look at the C&G final last year. Although Kirtley got man of the match, it was really Mushy that won the game for Sussex. Don't you dare rub it in SS. ;)

I'm still enraged at Mahmood's shot in that game.

This is a bit offtopic to recent posts, but i think SA didnt play anywhere near as good as they could in this match, bowling especially.

I know the Pakistani bowlers have fight in them, but for more than 50 runs to be added on with the tail is quite poor.

But the pitch was unhelpful, did you see how Pollocks cutter spun from outside off to well past leg, he couldn't believe it.

Mushy has to be used in SA as its a place were spin is quite good on certain pitches. I like the new SLA SA have he looks quite good and has a decent technique, he'll go far.

Nah Paul Harris didn't look too dangerous. He really should have had more wickets on this pitch given the way it turned but he didn't impress me that much.

other forums are stating that sami is replacing danish

something to do with having hafeez get a wicket in 2nd innings and his bowling being good enough allowing pakistan to play 4 pacers

this bowling line-up could dominate any team for years to come

shoaib
asif
gul
sami

evertonfan said:
Any bowling attack with Sami in it won't be dominating anyone.

:rtfl :rtfl :rtfl

I have yet to see Danish get successful batsmen out. Opinions would change if Sami had some luck, but he is luckless. Sami has gotten most World class batsman out. He is probably the most hard working cricketer I have EVER seen. He has athleticism, and is probably the fastest runner in the squad at the momment. He runs like a bullet!

and probably has the most number of catches dropped off his bowling which have proved very costly

had dravid dropped on 20odd and he went on to make 270

had sehwag dropped(hard chance) and went on to make 309

i dont think that pakistan want to go back and pick Mushy or Saqlain, if anything they will take Abdur Rehman the left arm spinner.

gambino said:
and probably has the most number of catches dropped off his bowling which have proved very costly

had dravid dropped on 20odd and he went on to make 270

had sehwag dropped(hard chance) and went on to make 309

That's because he's not good enough to create more chances on top of those. If a chance is missed off his bowling, chances are that's the last chance you'll be seeing for a while. It's what makes a McGrath or Warne so good, Collingwood was dropped in I think it was the 3rd or 4th test of this Ashes series and the bowling attack created more chances and eventually got their man. Sami if a chance goes down then gets hammered for 4 or 5 an over for the rest of the day.

Pakistan don't need Sami. They've got Shoaib, Asif, Gul as the frontline attack & Rana Naved as a backup pace bowler. I think they need a more effective spinner.
BTW, whos Pakistan's frontline spinner in OD's? I heard Afridi got dropped.

Cricket_god said:
You seem to be agreat fan of saqlain mate
Anyone who has a ODI bowling average of under 20 throughout most of there career has earnt my respect.

just out of pure curiousity.

IF someone from Pakistan said what Gibbs said about the crowds, what would the ICC do?

pure opinion, i just want to see what the majority of people think

Users who are viewing this thread