Pakistan in South Africa

puddleduck said:
No need to stick pedant mode on, I hate spelling mistakes, I think in my desire to create true theatre I may have gotten ahead of myself and made a spelling mistake! Art before accuracy... which is I think what the English bowlers were doing this Ashes tour :p
I'd have forgiven you but you made the same mistake twice in the same post. Unforgivable :p

Shoiab Akhtar is out of the first test match according to BBC...its just gotta get worse and worse...

why oh why does it always happen on the big tours?

i gaurantee you pakistan will have a fully fit squad next time they face bangladesh or zimbabwe

lol...i just hope that yousuf anf akhtar can play the 2nd test...

aussie1st said:
Not looking good at all for Pakistan, at least they have Asif back to minimize the loss of Gul.
I'm actually not as worried about our bowling than our batting. Asif and Nazir will be dangerous on South African pitches (watch that come back and bite me in the ass :p) but without Yousuf these days, our batting line up doesn't look as threatening anymore.

Bilal91 said:
Shoiab Akhtar is out of the first test match according to BBC...its just gotta get worse and worse...

Kamahl once said that karma is a vengeful elephant.

He's right here.

pakistan should definetly bat first

give danish a chance in the last innings

even if they need 150 overs to make 400 they should play with as much caution as they can

gambino said:
pakistan should definetly bat first

give danish a chance in the last innings

even if they need 150 overs to make 400 they should play with as much caution as they can
They should bat first regardless of the pitch?

Bilal91 said:

He shouldn't be playing anyway...

I'm going for South Africa in this series simply because home conditions. It is the normal thing for asian teams to struggle in South Africa (and vice-versa) and don't think that will change.

Its going to get easier for Pakistan as South Africa have just been exposed a bit by India in the test series (it was India who dropped the series and not South Africa who won it).

If Pakistan can put pressure on SA, they will surely crumble. They arent a strong team yet! Since the tests will be first, Pakistan have a good chance of winning the series, unless they mess it up like the Indians did. But I think Pakistan wont mess up as much as India!

nightprowler10 said:
I'm actually not as worried about our bowling than our batting. Asif and Nazir will be dangerous on South African pitches (watch that come back and bite me in the ass :p) but without Yousuf these days, our batting line up doesn't look as threatening anymore.

Yea I agree their bowling seems to be fine, although without Asif I would start to worry more for you guys :) Batting definitely a worry as Yousuf record last year speak for itself. Malik will also be a loss as he made some good contributions down the order.

I think Yousuf will be critical for the Pakistani batting. I'm sure he should fire (plus I want to see Pakistan do well against SA after India's poor showing.)

/\ BTW in the picture it looks like there's a ball lodged in Afridi's eye.

Yousuf isn't playing this test match :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread