Pakistan in South Africa

Good start for the Saffies I'd say. We were going pretty good until Farhat threw his wicket away yet again. Hafeez was very unlucky, that delivery was all class and the poor guy really didn't do anything wrong. Anyway, I have a feeling we will sorely miss Yousuf.

hameed should have replaced farhat and we should have had asim kamal ,

farhat is one of the most idiotic players ever

his first delivery he tried to slash the ball

gambino said:
hameed should have replaced farhat and we should have had asim kamal ,

farhat is one of the most idiotic players ever

his first delivery he tried to slash the ball
I agree. We should have had Hafeez and Hameed as openers, Asim Kamal and Younis at 3 and 4. Farhat is a talented batsman, but its just so aggravating when he's batting well and then throws his wicket away. I'm guessing Usy even got sick of it ;)

Haha, how could it be the shot of the series if the series just started.

Second session dominated by Pakistan. Hope we get to end the day on a positive note. Anyway, its tea. Time for me to take out the garbage :p

34 overs to go in the day, if Younis or Hameed can keep going untill the end of the day than Pakistan will be in great shape. with inzis form lately and Iqbal not having played in a while these 2 will need to keep going, Kamrans innings will be the key.

nightprowler10 said:
Haha, how could it be the shot of the series if the series just started.

Second session dominated by Pakistan. Hope we get to end the day on a positive note. Anyway, its tea. Time for me to take out the garbage :p
i said maybe series

i doubt anyone will hit a better 6 then that in terms of pure timing and technique

Shame Pakistan are batting. I wanted to see Mohammad Asif bowl but I guess I'm gonna have to wait but it's good to see Younis Khan making runs.

m_vaughan said:
Honours even till now, although Pakistan I think are scoring a bit too slowly.
South Africa have been bowling well so I don't think Pakistan would mind too much if they are 250/3 at the end of the day rather than 330/8.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Why do we need to pull every to balls. We've lost three wickets in this way now.

Well, looks like Pakistan have had a mixed day with the bat. I'm sure Younis Khan will be regretting his impulsive hook now. He was set to make a century.

As for scoring slightly slowly, it's not that easy to get away the South African bowlers. The advantage the Pakistanis have is that their pace attack has slightly more teeth and pace than the Indian attack (which did well, but I think Pakistan have a slight edge in the bowling department compared to the Indian attack which was carried almost entirely by Sreesanth and to an extent by Zaheer Khan throughout the tour).

Interesting match ahead now.

I think South Africas chances will hang with their skipper. He looked to be finding some form towards the end of the India tour, if he carries on and scores some big hundreds then they will be right in there with their strong middle and lower order, if not then Pakistan will have a great chance.

Not enough converting from the Pakistan batsmen that got past 50, I noticed this problem when they last played where players were getting 50+ but not converting into a 100. It's left a lot of pressure on these two at the crease.

Too many daft shots from Pakistan may have cost them a good total in this innings. I'm backing Akmal to get out early and and Inzi to score a 100 and usher the tail to about 350.

Users who are viewing this thread