Pakistan Team Discussion

Are you Pakistani Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 92 74.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters
Sohail Khan and Iran both need to improve fitness first though. Having 4 fast bowlers like the dominant West Indies from the 70's and 80's.
Sohail and Irfan are useless. Our fast bowlers are bad, and playing with four won't do anything good.

Sohail and Irfan are useless. Our fast bowlers are bad, and playing with four won't do anything good.
Irfan is good at times but needs to improve fitness. Sohail khan looked good in his batting in New Zealand so if he continues he can merit a place as an all rounder due to handy bowling at times. But with playing 4 fast bowlers might not be good, but you can play 4 on a fast pitch so batsmen don't have time to rest against spin bowlers.

A bit irrelevant topic but great technology by Some Young Pakistani Engineers.
I was watching the game on hai where Saqlain Mushtaq was saying that he was in contract to help Ajmal correct his but the Technician they didn't even know how to operate the equipment.
Something like this would be great help for Pakistani bowlers in the grassroots level to detect chucking.

This is where we are lacking, there is no real intent by the players in the domestic circuit. How the hell a team scored only 321 when they are only two wickets down? Strike rate of 113 after such a partnership shows that they know, this score is enough and hence we are producing players of 90s mindset
What about Babar Azam who played with a SR of 100 when the RR was over 10? He was just trying to complete his ton!

What about Babar Azam who played with a SR of 100 when the RR was over 10? He was just trying to complete his ton!
The required rate wasn't even close to 10 while he was batting. He did his job to set a platform with Sharjeel. The middle order failed to capitalise, as we don't have aggessive players there, and the only guy who can be aggressive, Malik, didn't even try to.

7.(Someone who can hit big)
A1bcMBYv.jpg

We need a strong and attacking mindset of captain who posses the born leadership abilities as well and the names what majority here think are Sarfraz and Imad Wasim
Pakistan needs to change their ODI captain to Sarfraz and make Babar or Imad as his deputy
Very attacking mindset.
*Ignore the last few seconds.

Very attacking mindset.
*Ignore the last few seconds.
You habit of judging players based on one thing/innings/performance. That's not how you do it. Look at the complete picture.

How old are you? Do you know who was batting with Babar Azam? Did you even gather the crux of my post?
Please don't post stupid counter arguments which are far away in meaning from my actual point.

Now lets do some serious discussion. I mentioned earlier probably in the tour thread that Babar does have this tendency of being a slow starter as he needs some boundaries to start his innings which is typical "Punjabi Batting style". But then again both the matches which you are trying to compare are worlds apart, one is during batting first while the other is when you are chasing 350+. One where you have a partnership of more than 200 runs and one where you are struggling to knit a partnership.
Now for the sake of argument lets just assume that Babar was selfish and was playing for his ton (which he was not), then its the job of captain to send the message that look gentleman we want to chase this score so hurry up. But you have a captain who is so monotonic that he allowed twice to concede more than 100 runs by a single bowler, then how can you consider it as Babar's fault?

Even after writing that slow starting comment in the other thread, I realized that it was Sharjeel who made it difficult for Babar to rotate strike early on and thus he was lagging behind in the SR.

On a serious note, It doesn't really says that Imad doesn't posses attacking mindset, Its just a blunder which anyone can make, Its just one of the cases. So its quite baseless video to begin with for a discussion.

I am all for Imad aggression but He was quite below par in Australia specially with his batting, for the bowling I can give them edge of a worst captaincy but his batting was like a tail-ender in the series. For a good captain candidate, He has to be consistent and very good with his performance as well.

Users who are viewing this thread