Story Pakistan's tour of India 2012 -/Predicto Winno/-

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
21mxkpx.jpg

PCB decides to resume its cricketing ties with BCCI.

imran_khan_1248700c.jpg

Imran Khan announcing the sensational news

The newly appointed chairman of PCB, Imran Khan has taken a huge decision by confirming a 3 one day match tour to India with BCCI and the news has been sensational due to the fact being that both are arch rivals and this is the series which is being held after a period of over four years. This series was not a part of FTP, but BCCI decided to welcome the hosts due to the fact that India was matchless for around 2 months and to get the political tensions down.

As soon as the news was announced to media, Indian government called media for a small press meet, which stated that the security will be very tight for this tournament and keeping the security constrains in mind, they would decide what the venues of the cricket matches would be, not BCCI. Board Control for Cricket in India gave a nod to what government said via a mail, what the sources say.

Chidambaram.jpg

Mr. Chidambaram addressing the media​

"I never thought I would play a bi lateral series against Pakistan" is what Sachin Tendulkar had to say, when he was questioned by a media person at the launch of a new branch of Aviva Life Insurance Private limited. He said that he will make himself available for the bi lateral series against Pakistan, because he considered the hosts as his favorite opposition, whoever the players were.

mel_130209_rons2.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar breaking a word at the opening of a new Aviva Life Insurance branch at Nagpur.​

Over all, its India v Pakistan time!

Last edited:
21mxkpx.jpg

BCCI announces schedule, after discussing with Indian Govt.

AA1092.jpg

Rajiv Shukla entering the press meet zone after the 5 hour long meeting with Manmohan Singh and few other ministers.

Rajiv Shukla, the BCCI chairman has announced the venues and dates of the most awaited India-Pakistan series. Before scheduling, there was a 5 hour meeting along with Indian government which makes the security perfectly tight. "We did discuss with the local police departments which made it a five hour long meeting. The security will be very tight, the black commandos will be enforced to do duties. We have decided to host the matches at Bengaluru, Kolkata and Hyderabad. And for the very first time, since no Pakistani player is involved in IPL and the IPL franchisees have been given permission to play matches apart from IPL, we have decided to provide a practice match for Pakistan against an IPL franchisee, and since the opening encounter between India and Pakistan is at Bengaluru, we have asked the Royal Challengers Bangalore to participate in it, for which we got a green signal." Rajib Shukla said.

Practice Match :Royal Challengers Bangalore v Pakistan at Bengaluru (D/N) June 27th, 2012.
First ODi: India v Pakistan at Bengaluru (D/N) June 29th, 2012.
Second ODi: India v Pakistan at Kolkata (D/N) July 1st, 2012.
Third ODi: India v Pakistan at Hyderabad (D/N) July 3rd, 2012.

Rajiv-Shukla1_0.jpg

Siddartha Mallaya has confirmed the participation of Chris Gayle in the game what the RCB plays, and he has also named the five overseas players involved in that game, which includes Daniel Vettori, Muttiaih Muralidharan, Tillakaratne Dilshan and Dirk Nannes along side Chris Gayle. According to what sources said, he was very excited to know that RCB was going to play a match against a country.

:eek:Gayle Storm in India v Pakistan:eek:
chris-gayle-photo.jpg

Chris Gayle agreed to travel all the way to India just to play one practice game against Pakistan.​

Although this is just a story but things like RCB playing Pakistan is just stupid :) I have always liked the way you have presented and that makes me read your stories but small things like this makes me feel bored. Now thats what I think, its only my opinion.

It really sounds stupid that Dilshan,Murali,Gayle,Vettori, Nannes come to India for this match that too for an ODI match against Pakistan

Nice story mate will definetely follow but as Parth said it sounds stupid that RCB playing a practice match.It should have been a ranji trophy team having local players & those overseas player thing seems to be more stupid.If India was free for 2 months doesn't mean that the rest of the teams are also free.I mean Cayle,Dilshan & Vettori they will be first available for their national team.How can they travel for just one pactice match to India??

Nice story mate will definetely follow but as Parth said it sounds stupid that RCB playing a practice match.
I disagree. It's unrealistic, yes, but that doesn't mean it's stupid to put in a story. In fact it's just the opposite.

What I don't understand is this: I thought there was consensus that politicians meddle too much in Pakistani cricket. Yet you have put Imran in at the head of the PCB! And where would he even get the time?!! ;)

Nice story mate will definetely follow but as Parth said it sounds stupid that RCB playing a practice match.It should have been a ranji trophy team having local players & those overseas player thing seems to be more stupid.If India was free for 2 months doesn't mean that the rest of the teams are also free.I mean Cayle,Dilshan & Vettori they will be first available for their national team.How can they travel for just one pactice match to India??

Although this is just a story but things like RCB playing Pakistan is just stupid :) I have always liked the way you have presented and that makes me read your stories but small things like this makes me feel bored. Now thats what I think, its only my opinion.

It really sounds stupid that Dilshan,Murali,Gayle,Vettori, Nannes come to India for this match that too for an ODI match against Pakistan

-Dilshan has to barely travel 1000 KMs, which he can do for some bucks. Since Pakistan is in India, Sri Lanka v Pakistan is not going on.
-Muralidharan & Vettori are retired from all/ODi&T20i respectively. So, they can come India just for a match.
-Nannes is in his home, no cricket. He can come across to India to play a game of his profession.
-Gayle has unknown love towards RCB, which made him come;).
And I didn't get in AB de Villiers and Charl Langeveldt because they are playing against Zimbabwe.

And the reason for me including RCB here is the IPL teams were given permission to play games out of IPL and CLT20 recently. Added to that, no Pakistani players were involved in any of the IPL team. That was the reason behind the experiment;).

What I don't understand is this: I thought there was consensus that politicians meddle too much in Pakistani cricket. Yet you have put Imran in at the head of the PCB! And where would he even get the time?!! ;)
Honestly speaking, I dono who is the current PCB chairman. Imran Khan was the first one to hit my mind, so he became the PCB chairman:D.

Well guys this is a story and a story is all about imagination. Personally I love the way you have presented the build-up so far. :thumbs

Last edited:
Honestly speaking, I dono who is the current PCB chairman. Imran Khan was the first one to hit my mind, so he became the PCB chairman:D.
It is Imran's teammate, Javed Miandad, having successfully completed a dynastic marriage with Dawood (their kids of course not them personally lol) to unite their two empires/countries, who should have got the gig! :lol

21mxkpx.jpg

PCB announces the squad.

044108.jpg

Rameez Raza, the chief selector of Pakistan Cricket Board announcing the squad.

Rameez Raza, who has been appointed as PCB national chief selector, has announced the squad of Pakistan, who were touring India for a three match ODI series. Before he actually announced, there was a meeting held in Gaffadi Stadium, with PCB cheif, Imran Khan, Pakistani players, Shahid Afridi and Misbah ul Haq and coach Dave Whatmore involved.

"We have discussed about the pros and cons of each and every player before we actually selected the 16 touring players. Shahid Afridi has been re appointed as Pakistani captain, as Misbah ul Haq himself wanted to step out of captaincy. He has made it clear that he will continue to play, but not as captain." Rameez Raza to media.

scaled.php

Shahid Afridi (C)
Misbah-ul-Haq
Abdur Rehman
Aizaz Cheema
Asad Shafiq
Azhar Ali
Imran Farhat
Mohammad Hafeez
Mohammad Sami
Rahat Ali
Saeed Ajmal
Sarfraz Ahmed (WK)
Sohail Tanvir
Umar Akmal
Umar Gul
Younis Khan

Nice squad for Pakistan......They could be dominating !

21mxkpx.jpg

The Pakistani players enter the land of their Arch Rivals.

1732680959.jpg

Shahid Afridi checking out of Devenahalli International Airport at Bengaluru.

Pakistan squad for the tour of India has arrived at Devenahalli international airport. They were greeted in pure Indian tradition. A tilak and a rose flower garland, and tender coconut water were served to the Pakistani players, as soon as they checked out of official area.

The security was very tight and the very few fans of Pakistan Cricket team were disappointed as the security was so high that even media could approach the players. Shahid Afridi, the skipper, managed to wave to all the Pakistani fans who gathered at the airport.

After they reached the ITC Gardenia, a small press meet was arranged, where Shahid Afridi and Dave Whatmore came out to face Indian media. Skipper said that he feels good to be in India. Whatmore stressed more on the team, on which he said that they are really looking forward to play their practice match because playing an IPL team will test their real skill.

5690113022_79455064ae.jpg

Daniel Vettori posing with his little fans before the press meet.​

In the very same press meet, the Royal Challengers Captain Daniel Vettori and Dirk Nannes stepped in. They said that they are now all set after the disappointing last match of the IPL season and they are looking forward to give Pakistan a good competition in the practice encounter. Nannes was happy since he was going to get a game. He was happy to play a 50 over match for an IPL side, which he clearly mentioned. "I really was waiting for this day, playing a 50 over match with IPL team mates around, and that is happening. Very happy to see it happening." Nannes said.

Last edited:
21mxkpx.jpg

The Pakistani players enter the land of their Arch Rivals.

1732680959.jpg

Shahid Afridi checking out of Devenahalli International Airport at Bengaluru.

. A bindi

Its called "Tilak", buddy. "Bindi" is what the Hindu women put on their forehead. I'm really excited to see the performance of Sami and Tanvir. I'll be supporting India though.

Users who are viewing this thread