Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

I can't afford an Audi R8 (bloody wife and kids) but it doesn't mean I go out and nick one. Theft is theft, be it a pc game or a car, it doesn't matter what socio economic context you choose to dress it up in.

The game is yet to break even, we are in losses, every theft, every torrent seed is helping keep it that way.

This is really sad.

Just my opinion, but if I were a cricket game developer, I would focus exclusively on consoles given the rampant piracy of PC games, especially in regions when cricket is popular. I'm sure you guys considered this route but decided against it for some good reason?

This is really sad.

Just my opinion, but if I were a cricket game developer, I would focus exclusively on consoles given the rampant piracy of PC games, especially in regions when cricket is popular. I'm sure you guys considered this route but decided against it for some good reason?

I'm certainly glad we had the two month delay between versions.

Currently at least 15x number of pirates to number of legitimate sales (and growing).

I feel bad for you guys at Bigant hearing about the losses. I am sure you will at least breakeven with this game. People do not realize how important this is with regards to future of DBC franchise.

I feel bad for you guys at Bigant hearing about the losses. I am sure you will at least breakeven with this game. People do not realize how important this is with regards to future of DBC franchise.

I think we'll get there over time for sure.

We've also built great tech that we can use on other games too so I need to count that as an asset, especially the Academy (on which note I should say that Academy #2 in another game we are making is looking awesome! :) )

no one thinks about the people who are living in 3rd world countries.. for u guys 50 $ is nothing but if i tell u to spend 3600 $ for a game.. u'll just suicide! same thing for me! if the price would be 50 taka - 500 taka even, i would buy it for showing the gratitude for such attempt and for my love for cricket games. ROSS that's the reason why the people from subcontinent do not buy original dvd's.. we also use pirated windows.. because the developers do not think about us..

Why are you including 'We' above? Change it to 'I'! There are lot of people still who always go for genuine products.

For instance, I am a msdn member for so many years now to buy genuine Microsoft products.

True that i have felt sad so many times on seeing the cost price so high but everytime I see it I will wait for the price drop to buy it with a good deal rather than stealing it.

These excuses just makes me to think of one stealing the physical Gfx card from shop because DBC requires high end Gfx card and one cannot afford to buy it & Ross didn't think about people who don't have machines to play the game. :p Biggest LOL!!!

I think we'll get there over time for sure.

We've also built great tech that we can use on other games too so I need to count that as an asset, especially the Academy (on which note I should say that Academy #2 in another game we are making is looking awesome! :) )

I am really, really hoping that the ball isn't the same shape as in most sports for that game. Hmm, just realised that could mean something you guys have already done. Okay then, I also hope that it happens that the two teams stand in a long line when the ball goes out in that sport.

Anyone who pirates are thieves.... coz if you can afford to blabber your mouth on the internet... and download pirated copies.. you can even afford the game.. you just choose not to appreciate the hark work put in by the company... i bought the game... without reading any reviews... and i really appreciate the work put in by BIG ANT STUDIOS.... they've made a fantastic game

*hope to see a future where piracy is a legal offence, where it is impossible to pirate anything*

BTW, whats the update on patch 2?

I'm certainly glad we had the two month delay between versions.

Currently at least 15x number of pirates to number of legitimate sales (and growing).

:( Maybe a rethink for the next iteration - either a console exclusive or a much longer gap for the PC release (why waste time with the PC though?)

We're is patch 2 big ant wat a joke?

This whole game has been a joke since it has released. Ross can't bear to hear me anymore so he has ignored me. This game has catch outs when the ball rolls along the ground, superman fielding, unbelievable Man of the Match awards, and many more. Cricket like never before!!! Then there are all these people who are just kissing Big Ant's @$$ by saying "we can wait for patch 2", "This is the best cricket game so far", "Big Ant is the only developer who is supporting their product even after release", etc. They don't have the option to not support their product because they didn't thoroughly tested their product and released it.

Just accept the fact that this game was released with many bugs which shouldn't have been there in the first place. Then patches take weeks to get to us. We don't even know if patch 2 is submitted yet and Big Ant is blaming all this wait on Sony/MS. For you information, Sony/MS are top companies who have deadlines so there is no way they can be taking this long to approve your patch. Maybe you haven't heard of deadlines or project management which is why all the blame is going towards Sony/MS.

Such a shame!:noway

----------

Go ask Sony and/or Microsoft. Let us know when you hear back from them.

How about NO! Big Ant should have the answer, not Sony/MS.

I see you're still arbitrarily complaining rather than providing worthwhile feedback in the hopes of getting a game that better meets your expectations/standards.

How is that working out for you?

This message is hidden because ATMega169P is on your ignore list.

Lol - Still an angry fearsome tweak - tell someone who cares.

Users who are viewing this thread