Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

From my side personally I haven't had any of the problems all of you are facing. The stuttering I have noticed but that doesn't take away from the game. I also found the bowlers line is a bit more off stump. I have also found that I can now defend better without finding the edge the whole time. It really felt like I was playing a real cricket match. The AI batting has been improved a lot. I came in with my team requiring 139 of 19 overs in a one day match and my batting partner paced his innings perfectly for us to win with 12 balls left. The thing is, this is a cricket simulation game and being able to clatter every ball to the boundary is just not real. I am patient rotate the strike, hit the odd ball for a boundary and still can score at a 120 run rate in one day matches. It is all how you apply yourself to the game. If you want to score at 30 per over go and play ashes 09. This game is brilliant and I will be spending every single free hour enjoying my career. Thanks Big Ant.

I agree totally about the game still being playable, even though there was stutter. I played a quick 5-over online match yesterday and the stuttering was there, but it didn't take away the essence of the game and make it unplayable.

I know it was only a 5-over game, but what applies to 5-overs applies to 20 as well. It's still very much playable and the fixes from the patch are noticeable and most welcomed.

Played a test match last night Pakistan v England on pro

I was England and bowled for 74 over and bowled them out for around 270 odd , wickets were edge of a bouncer , 2nd slip catch , bowled and a cracking c&b from Broad and a few LBW.

Have to say the game has improved considerably and feels like a proper contest with the AI batting like a proper test match defending the good ball and punishing anything offline

The only downside is that after bowling so well I had a tricky 14 over spell and was subsequently bowled out for 24 :facepalm

Thanks for the patch Big Ant, great changes :thumbs

Only frustration is the frame rate issues. Definitely new after installation.

@ sanjivcena1

I'm complaining about the fact that so far, in 5 attempts at my career I only been able to save and exit once without the game stalling. Also once for the fielders congregating in the middle. This is essentially game breaking, because I like to play career mode and test matches, and I certainly do not have the time to play a whole Test Match in one sitting!

Thanks for the temporary work around HBK, but it is testament to the game that as soon as I get one that carriers through, I'm out of my seat appealing like a mad man, so it will be tough to wait a little longer!

This game could be brilliant, but the constant crashing is not good.

To answer Cricket Online, I am on XBox 360.

Some thoughts about DBC 14 Patch 2

Fantastic, the game although was playable before this patch has had me hooked up already for 5 hours today. The replays are freaking awesome. AI bowls better now with not only on leg side. Crazy super human fielding toned down to 5% and still 5% exist we need that. Trust me when I say we need that :p I was playing as Italy and needed 3 of 1 delivery T20 match and entire match I did not have crazy super human fielding but that ball I had a super human catch and for a change I was relieved :p

Things I would like to see improved for Patch 3

--> Better loading times. The game gets stuck for a second or so when showing lineup on big screen for the first time when the lineup is half way through.
--> People are complaining about stuttering and I guess Xbox users are seeing more the PS3 users. PS3 yes little bit of stuttering there but I have faced it too minimal.

Wishlish

I would love if we could rename the English County Aussie Domestic for career mode

Other then that fantastic @BigAntStudios. I am myself into field of developing applications way way way smaller then what you guys do but I have my inspiration from you guys. I know how the field is and how much work is been put into. Never say die attitude fantastic team fantastic result this.

I agree with some of ur points @richowebbo. I played a 50 ovr match..ind vs aus in veteran. I batted first made 310. Aus chased it in last over with 2 balls left. I lost the game..but mighty pleased with the AI competitiveness. This was lacking before patch 2. This is the game i want to play. Frame rate is the only issue which is there.

Also mod features would be great in ps3

I used to always hit it in the air off my pads down to third man, could never get it right and was often caught, especially off spinners. Took me an hour of practice in the nets to get the timing right and as I said, 2 outta 6 i'll still hit it in the air.

1) It hasn't changed at all for me so; User error.
2) I've seen nothing like that* except the bowler doesn't take miraculous caught and bowled options anymore
3) I had the first "freeze" on PS3 the other day (prior to Patch 2 release) so again, I'm not experiencing any issues like you are. For a great example, Matt gets a crash almost every online game we play together on PC, whereas I think I've had one? Possibly none. Different computers, different hardware and so on. Those issues aren't a blanket "everyone is getting them" thing, which is why they're incredibly hard to fix.

*10 sounds like a total made-up number to me anyway, which you're known for

I spent ages in a practice match this morning to dispel your thoughts that my batting timing might no be correct. On most occasions my footwork and timing was good. However, the ball was still being lofted more that I would expect. If I hit the ball straight back to the bowler it was normally at a catchable height. My previous thoughts that the bowler always dropped the return catches were wrong however. He took quite a few, especially in the game I played after practicing and some of them were miraculous.
Against spinners I found that playing off the back foot and playing 'in to out' shots though the covers was rewarding. Even straight balls were either played to the off or on side, thereby avoiding playing the ball back to the bowler.
No other problems with the game which is looking good.

@sanjiv, I think the game plays brilliantly now, except the odd one or two things. But constantly losing my game is doing my head in!

I love the way the AI Bats now. You have to bowl really well o get wickets and if you haven't got the right field, most bad balls go for at least 2. It really is good and exciting to play. I was in and out of my chair and "oooo"ing an "ahhh"ing, my missus thought that I was having a breakdown!

@sanjiv, I think the game plays brilliantly now, except the odd one or two things. But constantly losing my game is doing my head in!

I love the way the AI Bats now. You have to bowl really well o get wickets and if you haven't got the right field, most bad balls go for at least 2. It really is good and exciting to play. I was in and out of my chair and "oooo"ing an "ahhh"ing, my missus thought that I was having a breakdown!

Agreed. Online gameplay needs improvement. However frame rate is not a huge issue in ps3..no offence for our xbox pals.

I haven;t noticed any bothersome frame rates. To be fair I'm so engrossed in bowling well, I probably wouldn't notice!

I have never tried online because I have awful Broadband coverage (rural England, bah!) so no point in angering people!

I think the game is a lot better now, especially with the AI batting and bowling balancing in Pro mode. Only played a few t5 matches, noticed a slight drop in frame rate, but the toned down replays make up for that, so not bothered. My big concern is the crashing on saving issue, I have read about on here. I plan to play a 5 series Test Match this weekend and if this happens after I have put in three hours I will kill something. Has anyone had this problem happen not in career mode but in competion or tour, since patch 2 ?

Are the stuttering and frame-rate issues on PS3 only for online matches or offline as well?

both the modes show stutter. Dropped frame rate essentially. It is so much difficult now to control the right analog stick looking at the bowling meter to jump and release in the green zone!

I am now spoiled by a week of only the PC play, so I'm sure some of this is just perception but I think it is indeed an issue with ps3 patch 2. I did not hate it so much ever before. I almost feel like selling the PS3 copy as the pc game play is night and day!

We're awaiting people to upload videos showing the issues as we can't note any noticeable different from before patch to after patch on our systems in the office.
i would but in the middle of moving and will have no net for about 12 days. When i get back online and if its still not solved i will gladly do the video of this issue for you :yes

Users who are viewing this thread