Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Spot on. Yours was the first money I spent at the bar. Thanks.

Got to love the Royal "we"... thinking an IP address check might be in order.

Yes Barmy should have his super hearing for new members like this.

PS I do wonder who he is Ross.:spy Also will we see copies of the PC version in shops today Ross ?

Thanks again for the greatest cricket game ever mate.;)

----------

And did someone force you to buy this game at gunpoint? Or do you always buy stuff directly based on tag lines of products, without ever reading online reviews and player feedback?

I did hear Ross has a huge gun:eek: but he just sent his minions to my place, Lord Darth Ross.:rolleyes

This game was touted before release with the tagline "Its Cricket, like you've never seen before".
It has certainly delivered on that promise.

Given out caught off a free hit.
Given out caught from a rolling ball.
Bowlers that field off their own bowling like a brick wall.
Run outs after grounding bat.
Run out after batsmen dont put bat over crease line when turning back.
Batsmen diving at both ends of the pitch when diving to avoid run out.
Ridiculous field placements for any format. (Mid-on, Deep mid-on & long-on all at once)
Test field placements for one day format and vice versa.
Fielders that run, dive and catch like the supermen.
Batting partners in career mode that play with ridiculous overly aggressive mindset.

Yes. This is cricket like I've never seen before.

We could go on but surely this is enough to illustrate.

And surely enough to get the fanboys started.
Now lets count how many times "Its still the best cricket game ever made" gets thrown around and how we should just be grateful that BA even made a cricket game. Gratitude is to be shown for something that is done as a favour. There has been no favours here. We have paid for this game. A game that should never have been released with so many fundamental cricketing issues.

This has realistically turned into a pre-order like situation. We promise "Cricket like you've never seen before", pay up front and get what we have half finished and at some later stage we might fix all the issues that we know are there.

I agree with you to a point but think you go a bit too far. The game has brilliant basics with batting and bowling feeling responsive and intuitive, however the amount of bugs is pretty poor with deplorable ai. The fact that game glitches affect the basic laws of cricket from being implemented is shocking. In its current state i dont play the game very much ive only kept ahold of my copy to see how it goes post patch 2. The mistakes made must of been spotted prior to release but you cant blame big ant for pushing through the release after the amount of abuse thrown their way.

Given that most of these bugs have been seen in other cricket games before, I agree that it's not "like you've never seen before".

However, none of those games were rectified (or even attempted to fix these things)...

So what's your point?

The point is to 'rile up the fanboys'

What could that possibly achieve? Some sort of reaction? Some sort of deliberately provoked antagonism from people with an established opinion?

There's probably some sort of internet slang word for that.

We do know of someone who registers multiple accounts just to be rude about the game however I don't want to fall into the trap of assuming that everyone who doesn't like the game and says so must be a Pomers multi account.
Then again that was posted from Australia using a proxy...

The bug problems do tend to hang around longer on consoles, which is what makes them such a pain.

Every publisher can insta-patch PC game versions on Steam, but getting a patch past MS and Sony is a total nightmare, never mind the charges you incur for daring to ask them to update one file on their precious servers :D

Not long now until the PC only guys get to play Don Bradman Cricket '14? Will be looking forward to hearing what they all think of it especially with Patch 2 integrated.

Just guessing from how previous weeks have gone, is it likely that console people will know at some stage in the next 24-36 hours if the new patch has passed submission for this week?

If there's ever a reliable opinion to be had on an internet message board it's the one made by the dude who just signed up to make the negative one...

For those playing along at home, that was sarcasm.

The only trolling that is tolerated is going to random mine craft twitch streams and asking that they build Goku; and that's because everyone finds it funny.

The only trolling that is tolerated is going to random mine craft twitch streams and asking that they build Goku; and that's because everyone finds it funny.

Does that take over 9000 bricks?

Everyone keeps telling me that there'll be more players on PS3 - have to see what the Steam playlist says in a day or so :D

PC so smooth, flowing, fielding positions improved, crisper details and graphics.

Outfields slowed down, umpires still corrupt (lol), bails not getting removed with every return throw, and now you can jog through for a single without stopping 2 metres short of the crease and start walking, batsmen actually jog through for the run now.

So much win, bye bye sleep, I'll see you again when I need you.

PC so smooth, flowing, fielding positions improved, crisper details and graphics.

Outfields slowed down, umpires still corrupt (lol), bails not getting removed with every return throw, and now you can jog through for a single without stopping 2 metres short of the crease and start walking, batsmen actually jog through for the run now.

So much win, bye bye sleep, I'll see you again when I need you.

Good stuff and keep the updates coming :)

Odd little bug there. Bowled by Johnson, caught by Lyon, but on the screen it was saying c & b Johnson. The scorecard had it right at least.

The patch, apart from not being able to use casual mode, is fantastic so far.

Trying a "Test" match between Australia and Ireland. Nearly the end of the first session. The first wicket was a bit of a poor one from the batsmen, trying the latest of latest cuts, but the batting as a whole appears improved so far. 3/93 coming into lunch would be a good score for the AI before. Only on pro though.

Will see how things progress.

Users who are viewing this thread