Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Been trying to get a date out of Ross for the PS4 version (even just a 'season' would be nice) b ut he won't budge.

Probably when they've sold enough for it to be viable. With how this console generation is going (particularly the Xbone), that's looking a while off.

To be honest, I'm seriously considering getting the PC version.

It's obvious that the bug fixes will happen a lot quicker because they don't have to pay Sony/MS $20K every time they want to patch it and get 'approval' even after they pay the money. *sighs*

This is NOT BA's fault - it's all down to Sony/MS.

Who told you they charged money for patches ? microsoft stopped charging any money for patches after april 2013, so they can update it for FREE...

Been trying to get a date out of Ross for the PS4 version (even just a 'season' would be nice) b ut he won't budge.

Unfortunately I think we are unlikely to see an ETA again from Ross after all the deranged people that came out of the woodwork when the initial ETA of patch 2 was missed

And the only thing left, once all the evil had been unleashed from Pandora's Box...

... was hope. :)

The new generation consoles (Xbox one and PS4) really annoy me. People can spend ?350 on a really good gaming pc that can even run GTA V and Watchdogs perfectly but they'd rather spend an extra ?100 on a 'next gen' console. It annoys me because it creates more work for game developers. I'd much rather Big Ant focus on just the X360, PS3 and PC copies and improve the game that they've already started. They are now probably focusing most of their time on those next gen copies :mad. Have a look a GTA V for example, it's nearly been 10 months since it got released for X360 and PS3 and the next gen versions are still yet to be released, let alone the PC version.

We have Xbox 360 and PS3.
Then we have PC which is capable of much better in terms of gameplay and graphics.
We DON'T need these new consoles that are inbetween current generation consoles and PC. They are too popular and overrated. They are ruining the gaming industry. If a game or patch is taking too long, blame new gen :mad

Consoles are good for those who haven't got the time for 'hardcore' gaming. I don't have a large amount of gaming time so consoles are just less faff, plus you can get your mates round and okay a lot easier than you can on PC.

I plan to get a decent gaming PC in the future but at the moment I just want something simple to ram the disc into and slouch on the sofa.

The new generation consoles (Xbox one and PS4) really annoy me. People can spend ?350 on a really good gaming pc that can even run GTA V and Watchdogs perfectly but they'd rather spend an extra ?100 on a 'next gen' console. It annoys me because it creates more work for game developers. I'd much rather Big Ant focus on just the X360, PS3 and PC copies and improve the game that they've already started. They are now probably focusing most of their time on those next gen copies :mad. Have a look a GTA V for example, it's nearly been 10 months since it got released for X360 and PS3 and the next gen versions are still yet to be released, let alone the PC version.

Then we have PC which is capable of much better in terms of gameplay and graphics.
We DON'T need these new consoles that are inbetween current generation consoles and PC. They are too popular and overrated. They are ruining the gaming industry. If a game or patch is taking too long, blame new gen :mad

i apologise on behalf of us console peasants for ruining your video game experience

ps: the best pc games are those that you can't buy on consoles anyway

Benefit of consoles is a even playing field.. you don't need graphic options and build the different resolution assets in game for console's because if it runs on one console at 60fps.. it's supposed to run on all of them at 60fps.. no need to give people the option to turn it up or down.

That being said.. PC Master Race +1

On the topic of bug finding.. I tested an in-house program late yesterday.. simple program that's been on the works for a while by our IT guy, just calculates an insurance rate using a number of different factors, but not hugely complicated.. 3 other people had tested it and found no issues, I found one where he was trying to times a number by 0 and thereby giving the wrong result, and another where a rate increase cap just was not working at all.. these things happen.

Are you off your meds I have both next gen consoles and a mid range pc but as far as consoles ruining the gaming industry thats nonsense.
Pcs are more flexible but are clunky and you cant get your friends and family over have afew beers and have a game of fifa or the don!
Consoles also dont have as much of an issue with pirates I was reading a piece today about some big wig from ubisoft and he stated that more than half of pc users were pirating in one way or another!
Most pc gamers are ordinary regular guys but there is a small percentage like your goodself who are complete mammary glands!

Lets not take the PC/Console debate much further; I just wanted to mock the bad post and not start this debate that would just end up being awful...

(Didn't end up reading Ice Age Coming's post until I'd already posted this).

For all your annoyance at consoles, I just had to say that, (as expected) PC users are currently ripping off Don Bradman Cricket '14 faster than any other format. Despite console versions releasing much, much earlier and the PC version being out around 24hours.

So yes, in a world with good old PC only, I'm sure we'd have as vibrant a video games industry. :lol Damn the consoles and their ruination of the gaming industry.

Last edited:
Lets not take the PC/Console debate much further; I just wanted to mock the bad post and not start this debate that would just end up being awful...

I agree its boring and childish both have a place and this is the patch 2 thread not the my pc really is skynet!

Users who are viewing this thread