Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

You have to take into account the fact that with this game the developers took a major risk and the CEO invested his own money investing into a niche market that no one dare enter. Even EA stayed away and shelved cricket 09.
I have enjoyed the game thoroughly despite the flaws you mention more than cricket 02, Ck 04 and 07 combined. You could include BLC franchise in there too.

Tbh you could look at it as with their own money on the line rather than a publisher's there was a greater incentive NOT to have "basic" flaws. I dont think either the initial release or patch 1 are broken or unplayable... But There were some extremely poor elements in the initial release, and some were close to spoiling it. I don't think anyone would argue the initial release was the game they expected it to be, and that's only partly due to the expectations being unrealistic.

However it is to Big Ant's immense credit that they are continuing to work on this and taking a long term view. I would say the current PC version is really close to being there... It's really tweaking and polishing needed now.

Last edited:
The only question is this they could combine all the fixes in 1 or 2 patches now there are more 5 to 6 essential fixes to make this game perfect few of them me and others have mentioned earlier. My God glad I bought a pc copy. Hope they find good balance in patch 3 as batting is still very hard on pro and bowling is easy. I managed to drop Srilanka on 121 in an ODI in 40 overs (pro) but still lost by 30 runs.

Hi please can I have some help. I am 51 and never played a console game, at all but got given an Xbox 360. Being a big cricket fan I thought I would try DBC. It looks really good. I had a few nets then found myself starting a career as a young pup about 40 years younger than me and promptly got two pairs on the spin. Very hard indeed although I "get" cricket as played to a high amateur standard.

I managed to change the team names to "proper" ones, although I'm more from the tony Greig era, but haven't been prompted to download any " patches". I connect to Xbox live, free, but don't have a "pay" account. I am in UK.

Will I have got a patch of some kind, without knowing, by downloading the proper teams? I would ideally like to re start career as say a 21 yo. However cant do this yet. If "patch 2" comes out will I get some kind of prompt or something? B nice to have some more skill points.

Apologies for my naiveity, I have tried to read things here, but if anyone can help, in a polite way , I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

Hi please can I have some help. I am 51 and never played a console game, at all but got given an Xbox 360. Being a big cricket fan I thought I would try DBC. It looks really good. I had a few nets then found myself starting a career as a young pup about 40 years younger than me and promptly got two pairs on the spin. Very hard indeed although I "get" cricket as played to a high amateur standard.

I managed to change the team names to "proper" ones, although I'm more from the tony Greig era, but haven't been prompted to download any " patches". I connect to Xbox live, free, but don't have a "pay" account. I am in UK.

Will I have got a patch of some kind, without knowing, by downloading the proper teams? I would ideally like to re start career as say a 21 yo. However cant do this yet. If "patch 2" comes out will I get some kind of prompt or something? B nice to have some more skill points.

Apologies for my naiveity, I have tried to read things here, but if anyone can help, in a polite way , I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the world of consoles. lol.

When the patch is released, your xbox 360 will automatically give you a pop-up, saying that there is an update available, as soon as you want to start the game. You just need to confirm the update, and boom, your done. Make sure the xbox is connected to the net though.

Thanks

I never got a prompt for patch 1 though. Is this normal? I guess I will watch for patch 2 and see. Will stay connected. Thank you

Spot63,

You should've already had the first patch if you're connected to xbox live on silver? It would've popped up when you started the game and said "You need to download an update before you can play this game" Or something like that? For the next patch, that'll happen again.

As for waiting for that patch... stick at it for now. I've been finding my player is improving rapidly over the first season.

----------

I never got a prompt for patch 1 though. Is this normal? I guess I will watch for patch 2 and see. Will stay connected. Thank you

See my reply now. It doesn't sound like you're properly connected to xbox live to be honest. Do you have any friends on your friends list?

Thanks. I did get a update prompt first time, but I then uninstalled the game by mistake! I have never used an Xbox before, not sure how I did this. Anyway, I then re installed ok and updated the team names for 79 sides, but never got another prompt for a game patch. I am connected to Xbox live on silver. Thanks you guys. What do u think?

The PC version is getting ongoing updates as new problems are found - there's been about four so far, while the console patch 2 is limited to what they got in before submission.

just small tweaks, some fixing issues with steam, then ading a button at the weather board at start, stuff like that

Ok. I thought grkrama was talking about patch 2 for consoles.

Thanks. I did get a update prompt first time, but I then uninstalled the game by mistake! I have never used an Xbox before, not sure how I did this. Anyway, I then re installed ok and updated the team names for 79 sides, but never got another prompt for a game patch. I am connected to Xbox live on silver. Thanks you guys. What do u think?

Ah, if you did get an update the first time, assuming you downloaded it, it'll still be on your system :thumbs

Thanks

Cheers bear. Good news. My controller is rubbish though. Is a wired one off Amazon ok? 19.99. I got 13 with player, going well but controller got me run out as kept disconnecting. Does a wired one go in USB at front flap?

The best way to determine whether you have the 1st patch is to start a match and when you are batting, look around the field using LT/L2. If the patch is installed, you will see fielders with fielding labels on top of the fielders, e.g. "Short Leg", "Square Leg", "Mid Off" etc.

If you don't see the fielder labels, you will need to get the 1st patch. I am on PS3 and the best way to get the latest patch is to try play the game online as you will be prompted to install the latest software update (patch) before you are allowed to connect online. I'm sure a similar mechanism exists on Xbox 360 for installing the latest patch for a game.

Cheers bear. Good news. My controller is rubbish though. Is a wired one off Amazon ok? 19.99. I got 13 with player, going well but controller got me run out as kept disconnecting. Does a wired one go in USB at front flap?

Yeah should be ok, and it does go in the front flap, doesn't matter which of the ports as it'll register it as controller one as the console boots up.

The best way to determine whether you have the 1st patch is to start a match and when you are batting, look around the field using LT/L2. If the patch is installed, you will see fielders with fielding labels on top of the fielders, e.g. "Short Leg", "Square Leg", "Mid Off" etc.

If you don't see the fielder labels, you will need to get the 1st patch. I am on PS3 and the best way to get the latest patch is to try play the game online as you will be prompted to install the latest software update (patch) before you are allowed to connect online. I'm sure a similar mechanism exists on Xbox 360 for installing the latest patch for a game.

Thanks. I do see the field labels. Good! You guys r really helpful for me.

Awesome, Now I feel younger again! I was worried I might be the oldest here! :lol

Users who are viewing this thread