Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Leading the batting runs on my career with 446 runs from two innings one not out. HS is 429 overall we scored 538. I play for Somerset.

I also had an issue with getting someone caught behind however no decision was given and then my team just gathered in one spot and the game was hung. I had to forfeit the match for anything to happen.
Same here on Xbox.

Am I the only one not getting the sound of the ball making contact with bat? (ONLINE ONLY!). I do hear it against CPU.

I better not download patch 2. I am really enjoying the game and dont want to spoil the fun.

Happy weekend everyone!

Last edited:
I dnt y ppl complain so much. After this patch 2 the game looks great. First ever cricket were the AI is so competitive. Also pacers are bowling at there regular speed. Truly best ever cricket game. Thank u so much Ross for making this game

Do I have to start a new career? cause I don't see the option to lower the difficulty .

Same here on Xbox.

You need to appeal! I only found this out by chance. Got a caught behind with last ball if the over and the commentator starts to say "Good over there only 2 runs conceded blah blah" , I realise nothing is happening and appeal then umpire raises finger and batsman is given out.

Going to post this in here as some might not be reading the Anomalies thread.

So just on this fielders gathering in the middle, play not continuing issue.

We have identified it, we found it not long after Patch 2 submission and it's been fixed in the PC version since release.

The issue was surrounding the player appealing at the same time as the ball is edged and caught from the keeper (specifically the issue is when the ball is caught by the keeper and the system is calculating that there has been a fall of wicket and what to do from there).

So the temporary fix from our point of view, is to slightly delay your appeals to JUST after the keeper has taken the ball. You will still have enough time to appeal and it will cause this issue to not be seen or be a lot less visible then.

Definitely seeing increased stuttering on mine.

I've found it happening when crossing during running. When the umpire is signalling and occassionally when bowling spin. The last of those is the only really annoying one as it can make it much harder to nail the spin and timing.

Facing the same issue. It is noticeable when bowling.

just wondering if the issue for the 360 being choppy after patch 2 is being looked at?

just wondering if the issue for the 360 being choppy after patch 2 is being looked at?
We're awaiting people to upload videos showing the issues as we can't note any noticeable different from before patch to after patch on our systems in the office.

^
The only thing like that i've noticed is an occasional slight dip in frame rate (or thats what it appears to be) when the camera changes from batting to running view after the player plays a shot into the field.
Not sure if i was even imagining it, it was that minor.

From my side personally I haven't had any of the problems all of you are facing. The stuttering I have noticed but that doesn't take away from the game. I also found the bowlers line is a bit more off stump. I have also found that I can now defend better without finding the edge the whole time. It really felt like I was playing a real cricket match. The AI batting has been improved a lot. I came in with my team requiring 139 of 19 overs in a one day match and my batting partner paced his innings perfectly for us to win with 12 balls left. The thing is, this is a cricket simulation game and being able to clatter every ball to the boundary is just not real. I am patient rotate the strike, hit the odd ball for a boundary and still can score at a 120 run rate in one day matches. It is all how you apply yourself to the game. If you want to score at 30 per over go and play ashes 09. This game is brilliant and I will be spending every single free hour enjoying my career. Thanks Big Ant.

Something I've noticed with the fielders, regarding catching, is that there seems to be a magnet-like effect when the game's algorithms, or whatever works under the hood, determines when a fielder will catch the ball.

When a fielder catches the ball, there's a difference in speed when the ball gets close enough. Once it reaches that point, it accelerates and then appears to be almost sucked in to their hands.

Something else that's worthy of note. When the DRS/BARS system comes into effect, the red line behind the ball is significantly wider whenever the ball's arc curves and intersects with itself.

So when, for instance, you bowl a doosra on about off-stump/middle-and-off from over the wicket as a right hander, or a slow drift ball that loops up, the red bar can sometimes cross over (as the path of the ball does) and for some reason the red line outlining the path of the ball is much wider.

It's not a functional issue, just a presentational one. It looks a bit messy in general, even when it works as described. An idea might be to restrict the red line's width to the size or just beyond the width of the seam, since the BARS system will track the ball to the point where it goes beyond or hits the stumps (and therefore having the red line be the width of the ball is unnecessary).

Hopefully that helps.

The patch seems to have nerfed the straight drive to the point where you may as Well not play it. It just bobbles a little catch to mid off. Likewise the cover drive is now a lofted shot regardless of how well you time it.

Users who are viewing this thread