Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Changing players in career mode

Hey guys.. Is it possible to change the players in the team while i am halfway through my career mode..

Hey guys.. Is it possible to change the players in the team while i am halfway through my career mode..

Nope. The teams get locked down to a particular career as soon as you start it. Any changes you make after that (even within those teams) would not reflect on that career.

Patch 2 is great. The only things that needs to improve for the next update are:
- Ball speed to the outfield -- too quick often resulting in the AI refusing to take simple singles.
- AI pacing -- especially towards the end of the innings. They need to be more aggressive at the end of a T20 or ODI with wickets in hand
- AI field placements -- it is too aggressive right now, e.g., starting a T20 with 3 slips
- More graphs/charts -- a bar scoring chart, or the worm which shows run rate and wickets (both are so common during real matches)

ps. Yes, I've made these points in a separate thread but all the activity and discussion about this patch seems to be going on in this one

I've picked up a few edges, (RFM) so I can't say its broken, but they are hard to come buy. I however, seem to edge the ball all the time if I slightly miss time my defensive stroke. Which is how it should be, but I think that the same should apply to the AI. However, I have only played one match (albeit I've played it right times due to the save exit freeze I have), so I know how to get Gloucester out! I have never had a vibration on edges.

I'm getting edges

not being an a-hole, but can you quantify, cuz "I'm getting edges" isn't really saying anything?
how many, how often?
in all formats (t20,list a, fc) or just some?
any difference according to pitch conditions?

and what are they? from defensive prods, drives, cuts etc?

please give details.

(FWIW - the best i have done, 3 edges in a casual T20, a top edged cut against a seamer, an edge to 1st slip as he tried to turn the ball to leg against a spinner, and a bona-fide outside edge off a drive to a spinner - the last 2 coming in the last over of the innings - this was PRO level, Barbarians against Russia)

any FC game, and edges are rarer than rocking-horse shit.

----------

I've picked up a few edges, (RFM) so I can't say its broken, but they are hard to come buy.

again, pls quantify. nobody is saying edges don't exist, we're saying they are considerably rarer than they should be and the AI even poor teams or low levels can play certain shots without risk.

again, what kind of edges, what mode / game type, how many is a few and off how much bowling was that?

I have gotten 3 edges in 1 game, but as its was 6th or 7th time against the same team, I knew exactly where to bowl to the AI batters.

I had 2 games in a row where the keeper didn't catch a single of the 14 wickets I managed to play up to. That can't be right can it?

I have gotten 3 edges in 1 game, but as its was 6th or 7th time against the same team, I knew exactly where to bowl to the AI batters.

I had 2 games in a row where the keeper didn't catch a single of the 14 wickets I managed to play up to. That can't be right can it?

was it career/casual/competition etc.? first class/t20/list a? top or lower order batters etc?

sorry for all the q's - not being a complete tosser, just trying to get an understanding

yes, this is immensely frustrating. The system for generating AI edges is so off it's bordeline AI cheating...

I just bowled 50 overs with the 2005 England attack, Pro level, against Zimbabwe. I deliberately set up the pitch as grassy, uneven and lightly cracked. I did not get a single edge nor did i look like getting one. I was bowling reasonably well not getting smacked around by any means, but its the same old story, middled or missed by a mile.

Particularly frustrating: 1) they can defend without risk since they will never edge a defenlsive prod, yet when batting i have edged on defense quite a lot. It basically allows the AI to play under different conditions to us.
2) when you bowl "just" outside off stump, they are more likely to leave it than if you bowl wider. They will just clamly step outside leg while the ball goes just last the stump, they have no off-stump location issue. In reality, the balls just outside off stump are more likely to be edged. 3) similarly, they drive without risk, its middled or missed every time.

Its not credible to be able to bowl on those pitch conditions for 50 overs and not see an edge. (it was first 50 overs of the first day of a test, not an ODI). I may nit be the best bowler, but i wasnt getting smashed, its Pro level and very bowler friendly conditions. 300 balls and no edge is an indicator of a broken system.
i have NEVER once got an edge off a defensive shot by the AI. But you all know my sig by now!

Last edited:
was it career/casual/competition etc.? first class/t20/list a? top or lower order batters etc?

sorry for all the q's - not being a complete tosser, just trying to get an understanding

Its fine mate.

D you want to know about the 3 edges, or the game where the WK didn't catch anything?

No bother.

It was career mode game, FC, first game of the season. Essex - Gloucester (AI). So the edges were middle order to tailenders. I cant remember exactly what it was but I think it 5,8 and 10. All three were to the keeper, and I just kept bowling good length out swingers just outside off, and it paid off. Wasn't to expensive. 3.4 or something. The keeper also dropped one. But these were the only 4 chances. I bowled 16 overs, and not once did a ball edge to slip 1 or 2. I don;t use slips because of this. The WK's are athletic, so that helps!

Edit: This was on Pro difficulty

Last edited:

I played a casual T10 game yesterday and after a long time I bowled as well instead of simulating the opposing side's innings, which is what I do usually. I got 3 edges - all to the wk - off fast medium bowlers. All 3 of the edges came when I selected X (good length delivery) and up & left on left stick (out swinger). The bowling speed ranged between 131 to 139 kph for the 3 dismissals. 2 of the edges came coz of flashing off drives, and one edge came off a defensive prod.

Was fun bowling with pacers post 2nd patch as the pace never dropped off. Though I would increase the pace of slowest possible delivery as there was still a big enough difference between the fastest and slowest delivery. Another nice touch post patch 2 was the 'Practice Match' where we get feedback for footwork and timing :thumbs Would be great if we also see the pace of the delivery along with the feedback so we know which timing works for what pace.

Edit: The game I played was on Legend difficulty level.

Last edited:
when I say I get no edges ever from AI playing defensive shots it's on 360 as well as PC. Keep hoping @Ross will put a patch out on pc for it. Id be happy to beta test anything as I just cant get a wicket on career at rookie(PC) or legend (360 and it seems as I got called up to England Ive jumped from pro to Legend) from defensive shots.

Steam ID btw is pfunkboy1973 if anyone wishes to add me there

The match when there were no WK catches, was the same game replayed. from the 14 wkts that fell until I save exited, thus break down, Not one was caught by the keeper. 4 run outs though, and lots of LBW. I rarely get LBW decisions. I'm not good enough.

Just seemed a bit off that there would be 4 run outs and no Caught Behinds.

Patch 2 is great. The only things that needs to improve for the next update are:
- AI pacing -- especially towards the end of the innings. They need to be more aggressive at the end of a T20 or ODI with wickets in hand
- AI field placements -- it is too aggressive right now, e.g., starting a T20 with 3 slips.

Both points agreed as they don't try to be realistic even when the runs are achievable they just defend and take single,not even push hard for doubles as well...Some unorthodox stuff, coming down the wicket for trying to hit a six, moving in the crease to confuse the bowler as to where to bowl...Such stuffs would make the final overs hard and enjoyable...AI changes for final overs can be made according to difficulty....Even AI aiming to go after a particular bowler when runs are hard to come by...:D

Users who are viewing this thread