Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

I do believe these issues will be fixed given how much improved the AI batting has been since the last version, and it looks like minor tweaking to get the AI right there.

But do I have a simple question for Ross and BigAnt - why aren't the usual scoring bar chart and worm there in the game? These would be one of the simpler things to add, compared to gameplay fixes, and these are the most standard statistical charts/graphs in cricket matches.

Batting seems a lot more balanced. Just did a session of a test match England/India.

Pre-patch I had India 87/8 with stupid dismissals and easy wickets.

This time around after a session they are 100/3 and it seems a lot more difficult to get wickets. Was well chuffed to get Vijay edging to Buttler for my 1st Patch 2 wicket as well.

Getting a lot of jerkiness and slow down now. More than I did on Patch 1.

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks and well done to Big Ant. I love the game and like the patches and that they take the trouble to do this. I'm not a gamer, I got given an Xbox, and this is the only game I have. Strangely adictive though. I look forward to the series progressing. Yes, not perfect, but I think it's great all things considered. Thank our Big Ant

not being an a-hole, but can you quantify, cuz "I'm getting edges" isn't really saying anything?
how many, how often?
in all formats (t20,list a, fc) or just some?
any difference according to pitch conditions?

and what are they? from defensive prods, drives, cuts etc?

please give details.

I've not recorded exact numbers, so I can't quantify with any reliability, sorry.

I've not been bowling for long (I simply didn't bother prior to patch 2, because I was getting such ridiculous results - note that I still feel like taking wickets when bowling is too easy), I've played 10 or so matches in two careers.

Only 50 over and FC matches at this stage.

The edges I get are usually from the AI playing strokes, rather than defensive shots and I'm unsure about pitch conditions - because I play career mode exclusively, and I don't think there's any way to know what the pitch conditions are in career mode.

The edges I get are largely coming from turn, where the AI plays down the wrong line.

Is it possible to change difficulty level in a career started before patch #2 ?

Does the game freeze for anyone else in the career mode on the loading screen?

Platform? Etc...

The patch seems to have nerfed the straight drive to the point where you may as Well not play it. It just bobbles a little catch to mid off. Likewise the cover drive is now a lofted shot regardless of how well you time it.

Agree...what is batting in cricket without the straight drive!!???:yes

Couple of recommendations which in my experience (been playing cricket games for almost 9 years now!) are very critical for the game:

1. Straight drives ought to work for the benefit of the game...can't imagine batting without the straight drive in any game of cricket...nothing pleases a batter more than a straight drive along the ground reaching the boundary.

2. While batting, need a small circle on the top right or left corner of the screen with the current field set-up...I know currently LT gives me that but it's just not easy to rotate our heads each time...also, for me its a bit confusing through LT to imagine:
a. Who is right on the ropes at the boundary?
b. Who is slightly inside the boundary ropes but outside inner circle?
c. Who is inside the inner circle?
d. Who is closer to the batsman, way inside the inner circle?
e. What precise angles from the batsman are all these 10 fielders???

Imagine capturing all the above field settings & angles for 10 fielders practically every other ball just with LT???:noway

I highly recommend the above 2 changes for patch 3 otherwise it's a great game of cricket, happy gaming folks:cheers

Has there been another patch? I just resumed my test match and bam, straight away whilst I was batting I edged it 4 times through to the keeper! Off straight bat blocks and drives... Now the AI is batting and tonking me around the park like its and ODI! Maybe I just have to tighten up my field placements but they are going after every ball now! Interesting time to go for the slog when your 100+ runs behind.

Couple of recommendations which in my experience (been playing cricket games for almost 9 years now!) are very critical for the game:

1. Straight drives ought to work for the benefit of the game...can't imagine batting without the straight drive in any game of cricket...nothing pleases a batter more than a straight drive along the ground reaching the boundary.

2. While batting, need a small circle on the top right or left corner of the screen with the current field set-up...I know currently LT gives me that but it's just not easy to rotate our heads each time...also, for me its a bit confusing through LT to imagine:
a. Who is right on the ropes at the boundary?
b. Who is slightly inside the boundary ropes but outside inner circle?
c. Who is inside the inner circle?
d. Who is closer to the batsman, way inside the inner circle?
e. What precise angles from the batsman are all these 10 fielders???

Imagine capturing all the above field settings & angles for 10 fielders practically every other ball just with LT???:noway

I highly recommend the above 2 changes for patch 3 otherwise it's a great game of cricket, happy gaming folks:cheers

I've hit straight drives successfully. It hasn't been taken out of the game, it's just _really_ hard to do (as it should be).

Some people want a fielding radar, some people don't.

FWIW, I've been playing cricket games for over 20 years (first one was on the C64)

FWIW, I've been playing cricket games for over 20 years (first one was on the C64)

Wow!! 20 years is a long long time mate:clap:clap

The fielding radar is definitely a great help - I don't think every gamer can capture the entire field setup every other ball like some others hence that's a great tool.

If straight drives are working then I can bet you they aren't that efficient...some work and some don't hence I guess some effort still to be done to fine tune those straight drives.

Wow!! 20 years is a long long time mate:clap:clap

The fielding radar is definitely a great help - I don't think every gamer can capture the entire field setup every other ball like some others hence that's a great tool.

If straight drives are working then I can bet you they aren't that efficient...some work and some don't hence I guess some effort still to be done to fine tune those straight drives.

That's why I don't want a fielding radar, man. It feels like cricket to misjudge the position of a fielder, or miss a fielding change. That stuff happens, but won't if a fielding radar is there.

Bear in mind that the straight drive is (by all accounts - I dont think I ever hit one when I was playing) the hardest stroke to play in the meat. It should remain so in this game. As things stand, I think they've got it pretty much right (although I'd prefer if it wasn't hit so aerially, even though the bowlers drop it most of the time)

So they shouldn't be all that efficient, to simulate that there's only a few really top batsmen who can hit them well, and consistently.

Also, over 20 years. I was 13 or 14 when I played the cricket game on the C64. I'm 43 now.

So, almost 30 years ...

after installing patch 2 my screen scatter while taking run. can you please fix this asap? other than that patch 2 has fixed most of issues though. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread