Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

Noticed something disturbing after playing for about 10-12 seasons in career mode. I see that the new or current gen players have names ( either first or last) of star players of other countries. For eg, in 2025 there is A.Tendulkar opening for Australia while B.Panesar who is a batsman playing for India. This looks very weird.

Nothing disturbing about Indian players having Indian names. Nor is there anything disturbing about Indian people born and living in other countries.

I jest. It is a little weird though. I mean those names aren't exactly the common sort like Smith or Brown would be over here.

EDIT: I don't think there is any real weighting behind what names are used. I think they'll just have a pre-defined rate of mixed-ethnicity and all the names are just thrown in a pot and picked at random.

Nothing disturbing about Indian players having Indian names. Nor is there anything disturbing about Indian people born and living in other countries.

I jest. It is a little weird though. I mean those names aren't exactly the common sort like Smith or Brown would be over here.

EDIT: I don't think there is any real weighting behind what names are used. I think they'll just have a pre-defined rate of mixed-ethnicity and all the names are just thrown in a pot and picked at random.
It is a mercenary game perhaps BA have foreseen the fact in ten years time there will only be a handful of players going from T20 tournament to T20 smash. That's science is that!

@BigAntStudios

This might be a stretch but how about rating/attribute for "leadership" so captains are not picked only by whoever the top ranked player is. I saw this in the new NHL game. Captains don't have to be the best player on the team. Probably wishful thinking at this point but, might be a great addition for future titles.

EDIT: Also, when I'm captain in career, and I sim to "my player", and we're batting, the ai shouldn't make the declaration decision for me. If there is some way we can be prompted that would be great.
You may as well pray for a kitten to run for president than get a real answer from big ant! (notice I didn't use knobend). Are you talking of career mode captaincy...?

You may as well pray for a kitten to run for president than get a real answer from big ant! (notice I didn't use knobend). Are you talking of career mode captaincy...?
I was indeed referring to career mode, just something I thought was interesting and innovative in another game.

And a few months ago I would have put a lot of money on the fact that a kitten would have a better shot of running for the presidency of the US than Donald Trump (it would be more qualified too), so anything is possible, but you're probably right.

I was indeed referring to career mode, just something I thought was interesting and innovative in another game.

And a few months ago I would have put a lot of money on the fact that a kitten would have a better shot of running for the presidency of the US than Donald Trump (it would be more qualified too), so anything is possible, but you're probably right.
There you go mention knobend and everyone knows whom we talk about. I was captain in my career for being proper crap so no surprises there.

I would like too see stats to make your own and keep real stats too
Having different bowling actions and batting styles/techniques
Improving the acadamy features like facial features, sunglasses, adding if players wear long sleeves or skins and having different gloves and pads
Make players look real and play realistic
Weather must be fixed and have overcast, windy humid
Pitches need to impact and look real like cracks and make the bowl reverse swing

Hoping for actual dynamic lineups based on performance.

Also, if players are on International duty they should not be available for domestic competitions.

If they do this I'm back in 100%.

It certainly looks as if the framework for that is in place because form indicators are present and correct. I think it's purely cosmetic at this point since selections seem to be random.

The 'dynamic line-ups' in career mode seriously need to be either improved or abolished. I started a career and found both Shaun Tait and Mitchell Johnson playing for Australia, and Kevin Pietersen playing for England. Surely a situation like Don Bradman 14 where the changes you make to the teams in the academy are reflected in career mode would be preferable to this.

The 'dynamic line-ups' in career mode seriously need to be either improved or abolished. I started a career and found both Shaun Tait and Mitchell Johnson playing for Australia, and Kevin Pietersen playing for England. Surely a situation like Don Bradman 14 where the changes you make to the teams in the academy are reflected in career mode would be preferable to this.
In my experience I have seen that the dynamic line-ups are chosen purely by performance. For example in my career mode Ben Smith from northern districts who is rated pretty low in terms of his overall player rating (in the 50's) was called up to the NZ T20 team. There are much higher rated players in the squad but he batted really well in the NZ Super Smash competition and scored loads of runs that season. I have seen KP being picked for England as well but I don't think the selection criteria looks at anything other than player performance which can lead to some very odd selections which will conflict with the real world. Happy for someone else to share their experiences with this.

In my experience I have seen that the dynamic line-ups are chosen purely by performance. For example in my career mode Ben Smith from northern districts who is rated pretty low in terms of his overall player rating (in the 50's) was called up to the NZ T20 team. There are much higher rated players in the squad but he batted really well in the NZ Super Smash competition and scored loads of runs that season. I have seen KP being picked for England as well but I don't think the selection criteria looks at anything other than player performance which can lead to some very odd selections which will conflict with the real world. Happy for someone else to share their experiences with this.
I actually like players being picked on performance. It's just that when they perform their ratings should go up as well and reflect that they're improving as cricketers. That would rectify it and make it more realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread