Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

Or when you want to square drive off the front foot and your 'special' player plays a back foot cut and gets caught. Or just any inside edge in general...
Or the other way round sometimes for me and the ball flies past the keeper for 4 with an inside edge. Please fix the darn fielding!

Please fix the mid-over new ball glitch for the people who can't understand it (like me until I found a solution in a different thread!).

@BigAntStudios

This might be a stretch but how about rating/attribute for "leadership" so captains are not picked only by whoever the top ranked player is. I saw this in the new NHL game. Captains don't have to be the best player on the team. Probably wishful thinking at this point but, might be a great addition for future titles.

EDIT: Also, when I'm captain in career, and I sim to "my player", and we're batting, the ai shouldn't make the declaration decision for me. If there is some way we can be prompted that would be great.

Last edited:
Any idea when the next patch will be in? I really like the game but things like broken fielding, batting not being as good as dbc 14, logo,stadium database getting full superfast and only way to clear them is by manually deleting everything, psychic power wicket keepers, unable to play any cut shots against spin, leg glances are still pretty restrictive, etc... If BA can fix these issues I think this game will be amazing.

Fielding adds no value to the game there's no skill involved, doesn't feel like you can influence the game be it stopping a boundary, preventing a second /third run or influencing a runout.With fielding you are just running through the motions and can usually take ur sweat time throwing the ball back in because the AI wont push for extra runs, I usually am able to charge my throw to the green because the ai running is very risk free.

Aggressive AI running- the Ai should be pushing for 2s and 3s but often forgo easy runs because the fielder has collected or is near the ball in pursuit. We should be made to assess the situation when deciding to go for a accurate throw in the blue or a direct hit with the green. E.g Ai is pushing for a second run a quick throw in the blue will prevent a second but if we charge to green they will have a higher chance of making it and the chance of getting a direct hit that is on time/and actually hits is slim. Most likely u will play the percentages and fire it in the blue.

The game doesn't have a forward dive so a lot of easy boundaries cant be stopped because we only have at our dispense is a leg first slide which is pretty useless on the boundary and a tap back. If possible implementing a forward dive into the game would add great value to fielding. It should be similar to the bowler jump as in u have to time the slide. Slide too early and u may stop before the ball , slide too late u will lose control when trying to tap back. Just like when jumping too early results in a no ball. Boundary fielding with involve timing the slide just perfect and also tapping back before the rope.

Queue run button ("waiting" call)- when u press it after a shot or when turning for a second the player will only advance 1/5th down the pitch and stop to check for a run. If u beat the fielder/ or there is a chance of a second, you press run button. if the runs not on its easy to abort without over committing. This way u can run off the mark after a shot or choose to check before fully committing.

If the above 3 are implemented fielding will actually add value to game and will actually involve some level of skill, good fielding will trim runs off the total unlike atm where it feels we are just running through the motions.

Last edited:
My wishlist for the next patch is for the appropriate kits to be worn by teams in the career mode, appropriate field settings to be selected by the captains in career mode, and the ability for team line up changes made in the Cricket Academy to take effect in career mode, even after a career has been started.

For example, now Adam Voges has retired, I want to remove him from the Australian National setup but he is selected in career mode even though I have removed him in the Cricket Academy. Even worse, I put a suped up version of my career player in the national team so I could use him in casual for fun with friends, and now I have been selected for the national team in career mode, there's two of me, even though I have removed my "suped up" version in the academy.

H
My wishlist for the next patch is for the appropriate kits to be worn by teams in the career mode, appropriate field settings to be selected by the captains in career mode, and the ability for team line up changes made in the Cricket Academy to take effect in career mode, even after a career has been started.

For example, now Adam Voges has retired, I want to remove him from the Australian National setup but he is selected in career mode even though I have removed him in the Cricket Academy. Even worse, I put a suped up version of my career player in the national team so I could use him in casual for fun with friends, and now I have been selected for the national team in career mode, there's two of me, even though I have removed my "suped up" version in the academy.

Hopefully this helps but, are you simply dropping players from the team or going to the "delete player" option and deleting them. Simply dropping them means they can be picked back up again for the side.

H

Hopefully this helps but, are you simply dropping players from the team or going to the "delete player" option and deleting them. Simply dropping them means they can be picked back up again for the side.

I deleted the player and sadly it is still in the team lineup in career. It's almost as though the teams are locked in at the point of you starting your career, which I thought wasn't the case in this game. I really don't want to have to restart my career, especially not after having just made the national team :(

I deleted the player and sadly it is still in the team lineup in career. It's almost as though the teams are locked in at the point of you starting your career, which I thought wasn't the case in this game. I really don't want to have to restart my career, especially not after having just made the national team :(
Once a career is started the players are locked, the only things that can be changed are visual... kits, bats stadiums etc, however if you change that linked player's detail (name etc) that should update in the career more, simply deleting the player from your academy won't work.

If the player is not linked to an on disc player then you are out of luck.

Once a career is started the players are locked, the only things that can be changed are visual... kits, bats stadiums etc, however if you change that linked player's detail (name etc) that should update in the career more, simply deleting the player from your academy won't work.

If the player is not linked to an on disc player then you are out of luck.

The player is unlinked. I had no idea it'd affect my career mode in this way. That is disappointing. I have no real desire to restart my career after all of this time. Seems a bit silly you can't remove the player from the team, but is it what it is.

I come to know the rule for DRS ..

"After 160 overs there will be no recycle 2 DRS "

IF this is not in the Game , Please make this in a Patch.

I think it would be great if when we are picked as international captain we have full control of not just choosing lineups but picking our whole squad of players from what we think is the best performed players from the domestic competitions. Would stop players like Johnson and Voges getting picked. My squad currently has a player call Shaun tait in it. He hasn't played test cricket since 2008. Would be good too have access to some of the young talent in the Sheffield shield and make some big selection calls on the relatively unknown youngsters. Take Matt renshaw as an example. Reward the young players in form and they will repay you.

Users who are viewing this thread