PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

This is so frustrating. I see people on-line in my friends list, set up a game and wait. I can't invite them (feature doesn't work), I can't contact them (no option) and they don't come on Ventrilo. (Seemingly for no reason beyond not bothering trying)

Since I've had problems joining the odd game (get cannot connect to host) when people don't join I worry if there's a problem for any multiple of reasons (despite having hosted three games against two different people successfully) or whether they're afk and left themselves logged in or whatever other explanation.

It's a great game in multiplayer once you start playing but, as it stands, unless people take advantage of Ventrilo (even if you don't have a microphone there is text chat) or some other IM then it's a nightmare to get a game going.

EarlCG added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

tried connecting to your 20 over game aswell EarlGc but couldnt connect to the host but i connected to valerian no problem!! doesent make sense!
I don't understand that either - Ricco_M and ChrisW have both joined and played games with me hosting.

Can you try hosting please?

whats this ventrillo thing?

cricketer112 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

shall i try hosting you earl?

Started a 10 over game against valerian140 - had him 24-3 after 4.2 overs when it dropped.

Unfortunately Valerian, if you're on a 64kps connection, you're not going to be completing many games if you are hosting - certainly not against people several thousand miles away anyway.

Did not know,there was a difference between hosting and joining mate. Thanks for telling. From now on,I wont host,I will just join. Will get to play a full game then. :D :)

whats this ventrillo thing?

cricketer112 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

shall i try hosting you earl?

I was wondering the same thing, so I tried it yesterday (even though I do not have a PC version)

Its a voice chat for the game. I think I spoke to Earl If i am not mistaken

lads DO NOT play "ahrpanesar"

Just played a T20 against him

ahrpanesar 21 all out 4.2 overs

barmyarmyXI 19/0 0.4 overs

AHRPANESAR DISCONNECTED!!!!

what a knobhead

frustrating

just gave him the benefit of the doubt and played him again in a 10 over game

guess what...... he was 3 for 7 and he disconnected again

no more chances for this mug - avoid him like the plague guys trust me - what a loser:mad:.

I don't understand that either - Ricco_M and ChrisW have both joined and played games with me hosting.

Can you try hosting please?

Hey that was a damn good game earlier EarlCG, if it weren't for my shoddy batting performance and in particular run outs :facepalm :laugh

What a bowling attack from me though! Pretty realistic - spinners gave away quite a few runs but took loads of wickets!

I'm sure the running is different online though because I'm not that bad against the AI. Think you just got me panicking with that field setup, which was insanely difficult to beat! :noway

-----
It does need a chat feature though - surely just a simple press key and type scenario, ala FPS games, really don't understand why they didn't implement it! I don't have a mic but if you PM me ur msn it would be a start, then agree to ALT-TAB out every 2 overs / after wickets or something?

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing, so I tried it yesterday (even though I do not have a PC version)

Its a voice chat for the game. I think I spoke to Earl If i am not mistaken

i dont have a mic? so can i type whilst playing with it?

cricketer112 added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

fancy a game chris?

Yeah will do, give me 5 mins and I'll be on. You set it up :) 20/20?

I'll warn you though, I play it like a test match :D

Just had a nice game with Earl. No lag what so ever so Earl gets my thumbs up.

Me (Eng) vs Earl (Pak)

I bowled really well, and restricted Earl. He did the same to me with the new ball. It was tough, i think Earl would agree. It was a night game as well which didn't help. After i saw off the power play i decided to open my shoulders, and in the end won convincingly. I forgot to get screenshots, Earl scored around 75 which i knocked off in 10 ish overs for the loss of 5 wickets i think. Earl bowled a lovely new ball spell and had 3 of my wickets early.

Good game Earl.

Last edited:
the gas is the man to beat by the looks of it!

i have set up a 20/20 for us chris see you on there in 5 mins im in the lobby

the gas is the man to beat by the looks of it!

i have set up a 20/20 for us chris see you on there in 5 mins im in the lobby

Lol i wish. I just stick to the basics, soon people will be beating me easily. But, i will enjoy my Indian summer at the top of the stats tables. I really need to be able to select fron/back/charge shots, it really hampers my batting. Xbox controller arrives in a few days.

mate i dont even know how to dive for the crease been run out like an amateur so many times, i have the potential but my buttons are all over the place, x is square circle is triangle etc....

Users who are viewing this thread