PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

No warning. Just before it got to the guy at short cover it just locked up.

@ Earl. I'll be up for loads of games tomorrow, I've got some racing to do now! I suspect the Ashes test will be done by the time I'm awake so there will be no distractions come the afternoon. :D

I'll test out the Ventrilo at some point.

And morning all.

I'm on Ventrilo if anybody wants a game :)

As the PS3 and 360 crowd have their gamerID sticky, is there any chance we can have a sticky thread with the ID list, Ventrilo details and a link to this thread in? The thread can be closed to replies after that - it would just be good to have a more obvious point of reference for any new PC players coming in.

Just played my 1st game online,and it was fun. Chased down 43 in 2.4 overs. And suprisingly it did not lag much on my 64 kbps connection. :) :happy

Think your connection dropped. Shame as I had just recovered from the trauma of realising I had left Ravi Bopara opening and was over 10 rpo.

Think your connection dropped. Shame as I had just recovered from the trauma of realising I had left Ravi Bopara opening and was over 10 rpo.

It just came connection to host lost. After the 1st over I thought the match was an easy win for me,but did not expect a counter attack. Was thinking,anything under 100 would be a good chance for me. :)

Yeah, Bopara was facing in the first over...
I've noticed you bowl very shot; proper lengths in fact. I was actually having to use the backfoot button.

Yeah, Bopara was facing in the first over...
I've noticed you bowl very shot; proper lengths in fact. I was actually having to use the backfoot button.

Yes bopara facing was a bonus for me instead. :)
And I prefer bowling short length,rather than full. With full deliveries I guess,it is easier to hit. :)

Right - we're up and running.

If you have a microphone, then all you need is to download the Ventrilo client for free from here.

After installing, open Ventrilo and enter a username. This is done by clicking the arrow next to the username field, then "New" and you should be able to guess the rest.

Then click this link: ventrillo:\\vent16.gameservers.com:4875 (Edit: Grrr,... Firefox won't open the link properly :()

If need to enter the server information manually (via the arrow next to the server field), name it as you did your username, then the server IP is vent16.gameservers.com and the port is 4875.

To set up how Ventrilo lets you speak, you need to go into "Setup" (button is on the left hand side) where you can specify the key you wish to bind (it can be a controller button :) ) to the left of the option.

That's the rudimentaries - any problems, let me know.

Hi EarlCG - I tried to set this up but i get an error saying 'MSG: unable to resolve hostname' Any ideas what I'm doing wrong

Check out the ODI stats online. Played what I an only assume was someone with no idea of the controls or the rules of cricket and scored 154/1 off 10. Then bowled them out for 5! (7 runouts - even worse than the AI).

Hehe - nice barmyarmy :)

Seems a bit of a shame to me that the ODI stats include games shorter than Twenty20 - would have been nice to have them in a separate category.

Ricco managed to work out Ventrilo in the end and while he admitted himself he'd rather forget his performance (he just needs some offline practice - he was bowling pretty well at the end) I think we both had a really good time chatting while we played :)

Hope to see some more of you on there :)

Just finished a game against EarlCG using the Ventrillo setup as detailed above.

Must say the sound is very clear on ventrillo and makes the whole experience a lot more enjoyable and sociable!! ....just a pity about the match itself - I got hammered yet again - I really must go away and practise offline!!

So overall I must say it is a good setup - It's just a shame I couldn't give him a game but anyone interested in the PC online games should definitely use this

On the game or Ventrilo? In the former there were three games going on concurrently a bit earlier :)

Unfortunately sitting around in lobby just doesn't seem viable to me; you can't playing against the AI while you're logged in, you can't see who is online outside of your friends list, the invitation system doesn't seem to function and if you're hosting a game you can't see whether another game is being played/started.

That's why I strongly think Ventrilo is our best bet - even if you don't have a microphone, there is text chat available.

I'll go and set up a game now if you want to play the_gas :)

Hey Earl I'm about to eat a roast dinner, but we can have a game at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread