PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

If you are struggling, do NOT use lofted shots until the last few overs, like RL. A one off against spinner is accepted to release some pressure or to take advantage of gaps but try to control your aggression. Afterall, you can get boundaries through grounded shots also.

Also, avoid overdo of dancing down the track shot. Its good when you want a wham-bam-thankyou-mam 5-over game, but to have a long innings, you need to reduce the risk and play sensible.

And in case you didn't know, practice your timing. :D

Thank you.. I think, I didn't have patience while batting. :p Anyways, I am going again online to play some more matches.

Good luck and till you master the timing, play ONLY in gaps even if its for singles, so that you dont get caught when/if you mistime the shot. Try using front/back foot shots to get boundaries in areas where earlier you thought only a single was available. ;)

Today i had a wonderful match with Sunnykinger. The match went upto the last over and i lost by 1 run. It was very nervous towards the end like real cricket. Sunny's highlight was his bowling :happy

Attachments

• sunny20090830.JPG
    sunny20090830.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 7
Who is leeboy here? Had a great match just now.
leeboy : 260 all out. ( He owned my bowlers! )
I replied with 237 all out! :doh I had still around 18 deliveries left! :facepalm

To be honest, I lost all the batsmen. Hussey(61) and Johnson(82*) helped me. I first thought that I should get atleast 150. But situation turned as a thriller. :banana2

Judging from the smile i take it you beat me.:).Everytime i am winning a game the opposing player disconnects.:(

You took england and i was south africa. Remember? I was 93/1 in 5 overs.:laugh

Today i had a wonderful match with Sunnykinger. The match went upto the last over and i lost by 1 run. It was very nervous towards the end like real cricket. Sunny's highlight was his bowling :happy

o yes
it was a golden game
my bowling was not too good
the second last over , i decided to go with Stuart broad and i had a bad feeling of tht day where yuvraj hammered him for six sixes in an over.
but you also hammered him in tht over
luckily some score was still left
and i had no option but to go with flintoff
and also
i made a change to bowl around the wicket to the right hander

anyways
this game is awesome
i saw tht strategies work quite well
just need a good strategy and good field placing
and you ll succeed in this.
one more good thing was that our game didn't had ne lag problem

lol great game just lost by 1 run.:clap

Yea guys, thats the type of satisfaction you get when you play long games. 5 over bash might be kool but doesn't give such satisfaction. ;)

Anyone wants to play test match or a 50 over ODI? I've had enough of the slam bang limited overs action for a while

Username: vijayanand

I just started playing the game again, and am enjoying it. However I suffered a really wierd bug. I don't remember exactly what happened but I was playing "Leeboy" (who ran down the wicket suspiciously often, but overall a fair player) and I essentially ended up in the position where the bowling aimer was on the pitch and as I moved it, I also changed the field setting. I had no way to get my player to bowl and in the end I was forced to quit. A shame as it was a good game.

Overall this just epitomizes the many issues I've had playing this game.

Just played cmylan and took 7 wickets in 9 balls with Swann. Ball 8 was plumb lbw and not given...
He was playing the seamers nicely too. Didn't quit either despite being on "the list".

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-30 15-46-00-79.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-30 15-46-00-79.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-30 15-46-06-32.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-30 15-46-06-32.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 3
Just played cmylan and took 7 wickets in 9 balls with Swann. Ball 8 was plumb lbw and not given...
He was playing the seamers nicely too. Didn't quit either despite being on "the list".

Nice work Colin. Did you chase it down? :p

Users who are viewing this thread