PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Batting

Can anyone tell me how,when i play forward to a pitched up delivery the computer tells me im using the wrong footwork?:facepalm

Does anyone fancy a 20 over unranked game?

I'll be using the exact england team that played yesterday, so a very long tail, no kp or freddie, and 2 spinners.

No lag, only good connections.

The_gas added 3 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Can anyone tell me how,when i play forward to a pitched up delivery the computer tells me im using the wrong footwork?:facepalm

Probably means you're playing the wrong line.

Had 2 nice games against val, both were close , but for some reason we got DC in the last over of the second game. Im pretty sure val would have won this the too.

Cheers for the games dutchad. First one was really good, I saw you posting in here saying your batting was better and from the first Johnson over I certainly was worried. Was even thinking of not bowling his 2nd over. You definitely have the measure of Hopes now after struggling to get him away in past games, he did well to only go for 2-19 in the end. Lee was good as usual, always a tough bugger to get away.
My batting finally came good and it was great playing with next to no lag. How'd you like my tactic of forcing Flintoff to finish his spell in the 5th over? Wanted to get him out of the way by taking the powerplay and it was successful taking him for 6 runs. After that it was a case of getting through your tricky field.

Second game was the first time I really took your bowlers apart. Warner I believe got the first 50 between our sides and what a 50 it was. His partnership with Ponting and then Symonds really set up the match, gutted I couldn't find a single to bring up 100 in 10 overs. Bowling was certainly a tricky aspect, you were smashing my bowlers around like I did to yours which had me worried that you could chase it down. But then Watson came up with the match winning over and after that the rest followed his lead. Was happy to get a wicket with White but the usual occurred after that!

Had 2 nice games against val, both were close , but for some reason we got DC in the last over of the second game. Im pretty sure val would have won this the too.

Yes mate,the matches were pretty close and fun,do not know what happened in the last over,but it would have definitely gone to the last ball. It was anyone`s game :)

Cheers for the game Dutchad, to say batting was tough was an under statement. There was a small delay between the bowler releasing and being able to play the shot. I don't think i timed more than 1 shot off your quick bowlers. It really was impossible, all my runs came from edges. :p

You look like you found it hard too, be grateful i wasn't playing flintoff :p

I found it easier once you brough the fast medium and medium bowlers on, that way i could compensate for the delay.

GG though man, glad my spinners picked up some wickets. Rashid ftw!

Attachments

• dutch.jpg
    dutch.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 4
Hey, you bowled Rashid at less than 18 rpo! Speaking of which why on earth did you bowl the spinners at me during the field restrictions yesterday? I couldn't work it out knowing how good you are at pace bowling.

Cheers for the games dutchad. First one was really good, I saw you posting in here saying your batting was better and from the first Johnson over I certainly was worried. Was even thinking of not bowling his 2nd over. You definitely have the measure of Hopes now after struggling to get him away in past games, he did well to only go for 2-19 in the end. Lee was good as usual, always a tough bugger to get away.
My batting finally came good and it was great playing with next to no lag. How'd you like my tactic of forcing Flintoff to finish his spell in the 5th over? Wanted to get him out of the way by taking the powerplay and it was successful taking him for 6 runs. After that it was a case of getting through your tricky field.

Second game was the first time I really took your bowlers apart. Warner I believe got the first 50 between our sides and what a 50 it was. His partnership with Ponting and then Symonds really set up the match, gutted I couldn't find a single to bring up 100 in 10 overs. Bowling was certainly a tricky aspect, you were smashing my bowlers around like I did to yours which had me worried that you could chase it down. But then Watson came up with the match winning over and after that the rest followed his lead. Was happy to get a wicket with White but the usual occurred after that!

Man, you were good today! I am officially playing catch-up, big time! Well played. I was ripped apart in that second game! Was glad I kept you to under a hundred. Once again Anderson shows my batters what they are supposed to be to doing! I need to practice more, that's a clear thing! In the first game I restricted you well for a time but I Had put too little on the board once again. Good couple of games mate and see you next time!:)

dutchad added 2 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Cheers for the game Dutchad, to say batting was tough was an under statement. There was a small delay between the bowler releasing and being able to play the shot. I don't think i timed more than 1 shot off your quick bowlers. It really was impossible, all my runs came from edges. :p

You look like you found it hard too, be grateful i wasn't playing flintoff :p

I found it easier once you brough the fast medium and medium bowlers on, that way i could compensate for the delay.

GG though man, glad my spinners picked up some wickets. Rashid ftw!

Man, Australia are crap! What were the selectors thinking! If I had been England you would have been hammered!:D:laugh Anyway, I let myself down with the bat but got lots of help from my twelFth man: Laggie The Bush Kangaroo! Cheers mate and see ya around!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you bowled Rashid at less than 18 rpo! Speaking of which why on earth did you bowl the spinners at me during the field restrictions yesterday? I couldn't work it out knowing how good you are at pace bowling.

Yeah I've been trying to get some practice in ahead of out next game Colin. I keep picking the England side that played yesterday, and boy do they suck batting wise. Longest tail ever Lol.

Oh about yesterday i didn't realise it was a 50 over game until i started batting and saw the required run rate. Otherwise i wouldn't have bowled my spinners, or took power plays when i didn't need to. I was under the influence slightly i must admit, but i won't use that as an excuse. :p

I look forward to our next encounter. :D

Last edited:
I was bowled out in 20.3 overs. It was actually a pretty realistic T20 score!
I was really trying to preserve wickets but it's hard even if your playing defensively. I was only playing lofted strokes during the powerplay.
Regarding your spin bowling it's still a bit obvious what your doing plus you need a bit more variety hard to change the length but the ball that bowled Anderson was released half way up the metre.

I was bowled out in 20.3 overs. It was actually a pretty realistic T20 score!
I was really trying to preserve wickets but it's hard even if your playing defensively. I was only playing lofted strokes during the powerplay.

I don't think i played any lofted shots, just kept mistiming them. I'm determined to play better, but as equally realistically next time. With Swann coming in at 7 it makes it very challenging, but jolly good fun. I miss KP and freddie. :p

Personally i think i deserved the win because i had the sheer audacity to leave balls, even ones very close to off stump. Then i got cocky and started getting out lbw.

The Strauss lbw was beautiful - 0 from 6 balls then padding up, Hussey-style, to an inswinger.
I don't feel I can leave anything online as late movement is easy to do.

Oh actually Colin i just remembered, my match saving partnership of Swann and Sidebum was broken by that bug where you hit the stumps with the bowler. Your next delivery was full and straight and i was unable to do anything.

That partnership was going to win me the game god dammit! :D

Users who are viewing this thread