PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

I actually remember this problem with BLIC2007 online. Deliveries wide of off stump and very full were almost impossible to get away. You have to have an informal code cos, as Matt says (why is everyone called Matt?) it gets very frustrating.

Whats this wideline tactic everyone is talking bout?? Is it placing 5 fielders on offside and bowling short stuff outside off?? Thats lame to be honest:facepalm. Thats right next to bowling yorkers after yorker. Anyway just wanna know if my opponent needs 10 runs of last overs in a T20 match then i got every right to bowl 6 consecutive yorkers, right?? Coz in a real T20 match, Malinga,gull,lee etc do exactly the same in the death.

Whats this wideline tactic everyone is talking bout?? Is it placing 5 fielders on offside and bowling short stuff outside off?? Thats lame to be honest:facepalm. Thats right next to bowling yorkers after yorker. Anyway just wanna know if my opponent needs 10 runs of last overs in a T20 match then i got every right to bowl 6 consecutive yorkers, right?? Coz in a real T20 match, Malinga,gull,lee etc do exactly the same in the death.

No - not five; all nine. I have no problem with the standard ring field - it's difficult to play against and the_gas utilises it well - the line he normally bowls does give you an opportunity to play it on the legside if you get it right.

However, when he put all of his fielders on the offside, he bowled it another foot or so wider and angling it across my left handed batsmen from the wider right hand bowlers approach I believe, so there was no way I could get it on the leg side at at all (or at least not with Mitchell Johnson, who was rated about 60)

Yorkers I have absolutely no problem with - I think you're going to struggle using that as an effective tactic though tbh unless you vary your deliveries in another way.

EarlCG added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

I actually remember this problem with BLIC2007 online. Deliveries wide of off stump and very full were almost impossible to get away. You have to have an informal code cos, as Matt says (why is everyone called Matt?) it gets very frustrating.

Sorry for my common first name ;)

I remember the same issue - can't remember who was the prime user of it though. On BLIC2007 it was all about getting your batsmen on full confidence so that you were able to charge down the wicket and then, tbh, bowling wide was one of the few options the bowlers had against a decent player to knock his confidence down again. I can remember getting a few stumped off wide balls myself even when using fast bowlers (batsmen respond much quicker getting back in there crease in AC2009 than BLIC2007.)

Where'd you go Chris? Connection my end was fine, I'm on my online racing league's TeamSpeak server. I was talking throughout and people were talking when you disappeared. That was a shame, was looking at a good total after a really poor start. Had to give up on select playing off the front and back foot with the cursor never ending up where it started! :eek:

stevie added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Anyway, I'm going to set up another game.

T20 @ a TBA venue. :D Keep looking over the next couple of minutes guys!

stevie added 9 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Game has been set up. T20 @ Brisbane at night.

We need to create some kind of code for Online matches to follow so that we can have fair good spirited matches. At least planetcricket members would follow it. I guess a thread should be started and all the members who will follow the code would reply by yes in a public poll so that other users can see who is following the code and who is not. This way they can avoid those who think they are above the game.;)

According to me this should be the code and i am willing to follow it once i receive the game today:

1)I wont bowl 6 consecutive yorkers unless it is the penultimate overs(15th-20 for T20, 40th-50 for ODI). A maximum 3 yorkers per over and 2 consecutive yorkers only. Can bowl third consecutive yorker only when on a hat-trick.

2) No bodyline or wideline. Not more than 3 players in the outfield on a particular side.You can have 3 on the offside and 2 on the leg side boundary and vise-versa.

3)No quitting unless there is lag.

Add more rules for this code if you can think of any....

Lemme know your thoughts.

Just finished another good game against my old nemesis Oxtar.

Oxtar played with PAK and myself ENG - on a dustbowl Day5 pitch in Karachi

Oxtar batted 1st and was off to a flying start with 30 odd off first 3 overs some good bowling from Dimitri, Sid and Swann with a burst from flintoff bowled them out fpr 84 off 16 overs

When I batted i had solid enough start and was around 30 odd for 2. Then Oxtar introduced the spin twins of Afridi and Kaneria and bowled fantastic on a turning pitch a steadily lost wickets and was dismiised 11 runs short for 73. :noway

Hard pitch to bat on but another cracking game - well played Oxtar - I'll get my revenge yet :p

Ricco_M added 5 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

1)I wont bowl 6 consecutive yorkers unless it is the penultimate overs(15th-20 for T20, 40th-50 for ODI). A maximum 3 yorkers per over and 2 consecutive yorkers only. Can bowl third consecutive yorker only when on a hat-trick.

Lemme know your thoughts.

I don't think bowling constant yorkers is an issue in this game- well I haven't really seen it done constantly with people I've played yet. All the games I've played have been in good spirit.

0 players on leg side bowling wide of off is just not cricket :P

Thankfully I'm so crap at this game nobody has to result to those sort of tactics against me....... I knew someday my lack of cricket gaming skills would have benefits :)

Someone's gotta still be awake and wanting to play? Game will be up for the next 20 or so minutes before I go and do some racing.

I would mate but I'm going to bed now as I'm back at work tommorrow :(

What type of 'racing' do you do?

I would mate but I'm going to bed now as I'm back at work tommorrow :(

What type of 'racing' do you do?

Sports car racing mostly at the moment.

YouTube - Champion Motorsports - Paul Ricard Highlights

Figured I'd show a video where I did well. :p

Just had a waste of a game. Some guy called dmprescot joined and from the very first ball employed the wide line tactic with every fielder but one on the off side. This continued for the first three overs so I quit. I will not play anyone that plays the game like that. I advise anyone who sees him, don't play him.

I'll create one more for anyone that may still be up and wanting to play.

Cheers for the heads up on dmprescot. I'll go on and see if I can join you. Are you able to give me your teamspeak details? And which racing game is that?

As far as any gentleman's rules go, I think a minimum of two fielders should be located on the legside/onside at all times.

I had the same problem with yours mate - doesn't look like we'll be able to play each other until they tell us what's going on with that error.

Hey guys, whenever you get a quitter/yorkerman/wideliner pm me his id. I have started compiling a list of such unfair player. This would help the other users to avoid them. Their are already 7 unfair players listed there. Those who accept the fairplay rules should lemme know so that i can put you up in Fair Players list.

P.S: Should i add gas to unfair players due to excessive use of wideline tactic:p

We need to create some kind of code for Online matches to follow so that we can have fair good spirited matches. At least planetcricket members would follow it. I guess a thread should be started and all the members who will follow the code would reply by yes in a public poll so that other users can see who is following the code and who is not. This way they can avoid those who think they are above the game.;)
An agreement by common consensus does seem like an obvious solution. I'll be interested to see what the_gas's reaction is to all of this - just to make it clear it's nothing personal and the guys definitely got the edge on me at the moment (and seemingly the rest of you too); it's purely the tactic I have an issue with.

According to me this should be the code and i am willing to follow it once i receive the game today:

I can understand where you're coming from regarding real life mate, but with the greatest respect you haven't played the game yet. Remember that in RL cricket the batsmen has no idea where the ball is going to go until it comes out of the bowlers hand, so a yorker can constantly. On this game you've got the cursor giving the batsmen an indication of where the ball might be going, so unless you're going to move the cursor late or vary the pace and/or the swing you're going to struggle surprise the batsmen; if he's not caught off guard and plays off the front foot he'll have a nice big timing zone to hit you away anywhere infront of square.

2) No bodyline or wideline. Not more than 3 players in the outfield on a particular side.You can have 3 on the offside and 2 on the leg side boundary and vise-versa.
Obviously I agree with the wideline issue - 2 fielders on the legside at all times means there should at least be some kind of gap.

However bodyline isn't an issue. As in real life you can only have two fielders behind square on the offside (it actually seems to count the bat pad and silly mid-on with that, despite them being just infront of square) and the umpires are quite strict on legside wides to the point that I actually think they're a bit harsh on the spinners - I've faked a leg spinner and bowled a googly instead and the keeper took it about half a foot outside leg, only to be called up. It was borderline, but I'd have thought I'd have got away with it.

3)No quitting unless there is lag.
Hopefully obvious - just mention people on this thread if you have any issues and other players will treat them with due caution; if they start having difficulty getting games, maybe they'll change their ways.

Last edited:
guys, any idea how to trick the batsman by changing the bowling cursor at the last moment ??

Users who are viewing this thread