PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

guys, any idea how to trick the batsman by changing the bowling cursor at the last moment ??

this is one thing we should never do. if your are playing online, you need to choose were you need to bowl and dont change it at the last sec as batsmen dont know where the ball will be because of the lag. i think its unfair with the batmen. just choose your spot and then do whatever you want i.e inswing, out swing, straight etc.

this is one thing we should never do. if your are playing online, you need to choose were you need to bowl and dont change it at the last sec as batsmen dont know where the ball will be because of the lag. i think its unfair with the batmen. just choose your spot and then do whatever you want i.e inswing, out swing, straight etc.

If you're having that much of a problem with lag I'd question whether it's worth playing IMO. I certainly have no qualms with anybody moving the cursor late against me and, while I tend to mix it up in other ways more, do utilise it myself as a means of deception when bowling.

Last edited:
If you're having that much of a problem with lag I'd question whether it's worth playing IMO. I certainly have no qualms with anybody moving the cursor late against me and, while I tend to mix it up in other ways more, do utilise it myself as a means of deception when bowling.

This is not deception. this is taking advantage of the fact that there is a 1 sec lag when playing online. I dont have a problem with lag, i have been playing cricket online since 2007. All i am saying is that this is not deception but taking advantage.

Blimey a lot had been said since i last posted. :p

I have a few scorecards to post, then i'll get down to the nitty gritty.

First game against Ricco, then Earl then cricketer.

Hey Earl, I'm glad you brought all this up. I'll try to explain my actions. I bowled proper line and length for the whole game, making sure i hit what the game designates as a perfect line. When i was batting some strange things were happening with your custom field. I had several perfectly timed lofted shots caught by your close in fielders, short cover to name but a few. I couldn't understand it. It basically meant that i couldn't score any runs, as although i did mis hit a few i was seeing my perfectly timed ground and air shots being caught.

I understand that timed ground shots can be caught, but surely not perfectly timed lofted shots, this confused me and i lost many wickets before i realised that with your field playing through the offside was so risky, be it ground or air shot perfectly timed.

Not sure why it was implemented like this but i can definitely see a problem.

Now i'll come on to your batting.

What worried me was almost all 90%+ of your runs were from charging down the wicket. This is not your fault, your just using the mechanics of the game, but seeing you charge down constantly with very little risk is something i have never seen another player do. I hope when i get a decent control pad that will allow me to select charge/back foot it does not give me a get out clause.

On the rare times you didn't charge i started to pick up wickets, i think as you grew closer to your target you became more cautious and this allowed me back into the game.

So, we got to the final wicket, and you started charging down the wicket again and lofting me to the legside. So i decided to use a field similar to what you started with, only in the fact though that i had a few close catchers and packed the offside boundary edge.

I did this to leave singles available on the offside, but whilst protecting the boundary. If you beat the two close in fielders there were an easy 1/2 runs every time on the offside. But for a while you were still trying to get charge leg side shots away. At this stage you had around 7-9 overs to pick up 22 runs i think.

I wanted you to take a single or two so that i could attack your vulnerable batsmen. Johnson was fearless, and had already scored some runs. So i decided to bowl good line and lenth, protect the offside boundry with 5 fielders, have a few close in catchers and men at mid on/mid off. As i noticed you became desperate to hit to the onside, a few times i moved the cursor to the right, but still a light green line according to the game at the last moment. I made these deliveries outswingers which probably made them look wider than they actually were.

There were enough overs left that if you had just taken singles to the offside you would probably have won.

Because it was the final wicket, i didn't really anticipate that so much would be made of this to be honest. I was still bowling my line and length, and at the last second i would move the cursor to change the length to slightly wide. I got wided a few times because i chose an outswinger, however the ball was still within the lines so not sure why i was wided.

Anyhoo I'm happy not to do it if people thinks its a major issue. You actually scored a boundary or two on the offside with that field, you just had to time it.

It was a good game, but if this is counted as an exploit, then i think charging down the wicket constantly and using close in fielders is up there with it. I can understand charging of spinners, but you don't see batsmen charging bowlers who bowl 95 plus every ball.

I'm happy to stick to pre-defined rules though if that's what people want to do. ;)

And for the record that game against Earl was amazing. He had won i thought when he was 44/3, and then lost 3/4 wickets in an over or two. Amazing game, so close.

Attachments

• ricco.jpg
    ricco.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 16
  • earl.jpg
    earl.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 14
  • cricketking.jpg
    cricketking.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Play online -USA dont see anyone PC

I just got the game in the USA. However, when I login and browse for matches it says it cant find anyone. Anyone have any ideas if I can play someone in the UK etc? I have the PC version.

Last edited:
I just got the game in the USA. However, when I login and browse for matches it says it cant find anyone. Anyone have any ideas if I can play someone in the UK etc?

yea mate I am in the USA and I have played a few matches with some UK folks,
want to play right now? whats ur PSN?

I just got the game in the USA. However, when I login and browse for matches it says it cant find anyone. Anyone have any ideas if I can play someone in the UK etc?
I think u should create Uk psn account its free and you will find more people over there

Just tried to have a game against valerian, made 3 overs then it disconnected. Think its impossible to finish with his net speed, however I'm sure we did complete one game though a while back.

Just tried to have a game against valerian, made 3 overs then it disconnected. Think its impossible to finish with his net speed, however I'm sure we did complete one game though a while back.

Yes and I did complete 2 games yesterday also. Wish we could complete our game today,as Dravid was just getting set. :D

jan 52....... I got it for the PC

Then i think u will see more people in 1 2 weeks as most people didnt got their pc copies yet like me and its also releasing on 13th in Australia

Wahey, that last scorecard of the_gas is his whipping of me.

Strauss got 48* from just 22...christ I'm bad. :D

I'd forgotten I'd got Cook out actually.

Would really like to play you a few more times mate and see if I can even come close to giving you a challenge. :hpraise

Wahey, that last scorecard of the_gas is his whipping of me.

Strauss got 48* from just 22...christ I'm bad. :D

I'd forgotten I'd got Cook out actually.

Would really like to play you a few more times mate and see if I can even come close to giving you a challenge. :hpraise

Yeah definitely. Hopefully we can have a game in a few hours, just got some work to do first.

Wow kool an online match up thread. My user's ''agentreza'' if anyone wants to play. Im pretty horribly bad so go please go easy on me :(

Wow kool an online match up thread. My user's ''agentreza'' if anyone wants to play. Im pretty horribly bad so go please go easy on me :(

Check the first post for every ones user names online, start adding us and we'll add you.

Users who are viewing this thread