PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

just had my first game with a guy called ankyrox...he just mooved the cursor all over
got all out for 80 odd with a bucket full of runouts..but certainly enjoyed it

I'll be back home in about half an hour and up for a game. That's is if we "throw a six to start" and the game says that I can connect to that person (or that person can connect to me), of course... *sigh*

Just been hammered by Stevie. It was relatively close until 5 overs of his batting (I batted first) when he just started getting stuck right into me.

Thinking I should have stuck to my earlier statement and got used to my new control layout first - def. caused me some problems, such as Smith getting out lbw 3rd ball because I pressed the button for defend on my old controller...which doesn't do anything when batting in this game. :D

Stevie definitely deserved to win but I'm slightly annoyed at some glitches in the game - i.e. in the 2nd over I should have had one of Symonds or Hughes run out after Symonds edged to 5th slip and ran. My gully got it, picked it up...and despite me trying to select WK end he threw it and the bowler's end, missed, and it went for 4 overthrows. :doh

There was also a dodgy glitch with my custom field where after I selected the delivery my deep cover would become deep point and my point would become cover. :noway Oh, and I kept having it where his batsmen appeared to be running to the same end (even though they weren't b/c I never got a run out).

Anyway, congrats to Stevie. Really enjoyed the game mate. :)

Finally got to play NICK_GIFF!

Cricket20092009-08-1217-07-38-89.png

I must admit I thought I was going to struggle to get that with the overcast conditions, but Ponting was brilliant. Both me and Nick learnt that the spinners are pretty much useless. :(

apologies to a guy called padidaddy i just played him and quit due to lag. i was 36/6
Reason for quitting is that everytime i went to hit the ball it lagged and i missed resulting in me being dismissed more often than not.

There was also a dodgy glitch with my custom field where after I selected the delivery my deep cover would become deep point and my point would become cover. :noway Oh, and I kept having it where his batsmen appeared to be running to the same end (even though they weren't b/c I never got a run out).

Definite glitch, never happened my end. This simply has to be sorted out as I've seen it happen in a couple of other games I've played. :(

I must admit I thought I was going to struggle to get that with the overcast conditions, but Ponting was brilliant. Both me and Nick learnt that the spinners are pretty much useless. :(

YOU SELECTED AUSTRALIA ????:eek::eek: or am i seeing things ??

I have to admit, in my past few games i have been experiencing lag. A second or two delay when the bowlers release the ball, makes facing the fast bowlers impossible.

I have experienced no lag when playing any one from uk however.

Congrats on the win.

Both me and Nick learnt that the spinners are pretty much useless. :(

Sadly so. Their only use against a decent player is to use their slower pace straight after a fast bowler to mess up the opponents timing, but a medium pacer is even better for that as he has the slower ball. The spinners "ideal length" is even fuller than the seamers, to the point that it seems to be on the batsmen's toes.

Cricket20092009-08-1217-07-38-89.png

Great game guys, Stevie is good, i remember he was annoying good at blic 07 too.

Users who are viewing this thread