PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Back home now. Just tried join both of the Twenty20 games (one ranked, one unranked) which are opened and got the cannot join error. Think it's cricketking10 & oxtar trying to host those.

Can you just confirm for me the_gas (once you're out of your game against AngryPixel of course) that you've yet to receive the cannot join error message at all? It seems to me that yourself and Ricco_M are the only people who can play everybody and I'm wondering if we can work out why that is, just in case it is something in terms of set up (although I don't think it is).

EarlCG, I invited to a t20 game. Check if you can join it

Correction: It's fazzy who's hosting the unranked as he's just invited me. I still can't join it though I'm afraid.

I have turned off windows firewall. I ll invite you again to see if it works

Edit: It might have to do with ports. Have no idea what port the game wants to open

Last edited:
I'm sure that isn't making a difference mate, although I'll try again in a second. As long as you've got AC2009 allowed as an exemption there should be no issue.

Just in case yourself, or anybody else for that matter, is unaware how to check that AC2009 is exempted by Windows Firewall then on Vista you go to "Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Allow a program through Windows Firewall" and then check that Ashes Cricket 2009 is listed with a tick next to it.

Edit: You've close that game now so I can't check, but sadly - as much as I would like it to work - I'm pretty sure it won't cure it.

Last edited:
Oyee Gas, was that a network problem or intentional:noway.... I worked so hard man.....

Well i just played a 5 over game against pixel, and it disconnected on the final ball, as he was about to win it seems. Sadly he had every man on the boundary, so i was laughing inside, when the message came up. Pixel, you need to be on the unfair list man :laugh

I needed 4 off the last ball.

Mine had a tick under Home/Work (private) but not public. I've now checked both so we'll see if that makes any difference.

I guess i gotta add gas to the quitters:p. We had a great game. He needed 4 runs of the last ball, He tried but mistimed. My fielder ran towards the ball and bang!! connection lost. I guess everyone here knows what happened there:D:D

AngryPixel added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

gas you little bugger... Why would i quit??? you quitted, my network is working alright, it hasn't shown any error like last time.:mad::mad: This is how you keep your winning streak:(

Have you completed a game yet? ;)
It's going to make it tricky to work out who's quitting and who isn't with all these random disconnects.

barmyarmy added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

This is how you keep your winning streak:(

He already lost a game to someone else.

I guess i gotta add gas to the quitters:p. We had a great game. He needed 4 runs of the last ball, He tried but mistimed. My fielder ran towards the ball and bang!! connection lost. I guess everyone here knows what happened there:D:D

Lol, your a cheeky ****er. First you quit in our first game, then blame me for the disconnect in the second game. Sure, you were probably going to win, but i could have easily quit the run rate was out of reach, except i played with an attacking field, and you had all men on the boundary man. Bloody cheek of it, 9 men on the boundary. :D

but disconnection after the final ball has been played???? I smell a quitter:p. The timing of disconnection was too close to be a coincidence:spy

but disconnection after the final ball has been played???? I smell a quitter:p. The timing of disconnection was too close to be a coincidence:spy

Ok man, I'm not fussed either way. :)

All i know is you disconnected when i was 270 from 19 overs, you didn't see me crying.

You can think i disconnected if you want, but believe me if i wanted to do that i would have done it as soon as you put 9 fielders on the boundary and bowled your supposed wide line.

Lol, your a cheeky fliper. First you quit in our first game, then blame me for the disconnect in the second game. Sure, you were probably going to win, but i could have easily quit the run rate was out of reach, except i played with an attacking field, and you had all men on the boundary man. Bloody cheek of it, 9 men on the boundary. :D

well, i had to keep them from stopping you from whipping my spinners and that was just for 3 or 4 balls;). I missed a seamer. Remember, against seamers i had only 2 men on the boundary. That was for 3 consecutive overs. It wasnt as if i had employed 9 men field from the start.;)

Users who are viewing this thread