PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

I have created a ranked T20 game
Let me know if someone can't join the game

We made a good comeback, fair play to defo. I'm off to bed, ill be back at 6am.

Sorry, no one probably cares, but Colin brought up the football.

Nice Hmarka very helpful - Hopefully that helps solve the issue of people not being able to connect to games.

Personally I've never had a problem connecting to anyone and I've only had two games that have finished prematurely - against Stevie and Barmyarmy.... it's hasn't reflected well on me that on these two occasions I wasn't in the best match position and that brings me to my next point ..... the question of trust!!

It seems that matches do drop and crash from time to time and I suppose it is only natural for the person who is in the better match situation to think that the other 'losing' player quit.

But I must say that from personal experience firstly against stevie and then Barmyarmy that is very frustrating to be the person who is in this 'losing' position when the game decides to crash....especially if it is the first time you've played against someone and have yet to build up that 'trust'.

I've just read through a few pages on this thread were people blame each other on quiting. There may be genuine cases of this happening but all i can say is that people should try and give each other the benefit of the doubt as it only creates bad feeling. It won't particularly help me next time I play Barmyarmy or Stevie as I will be siting there hoping that the game doesn't crash especially as there would be a high probability that I'll be in a crap position.

Anyway enough slabbering from me - I just hope a patch makes this game more stable online - because it is great fun playing wether you win or lose :)

@Earl_G totally agree with you mate regarding Steam - great setup online recording all stats and so user friendly with friend lists and that - a bit of a lost opporunitty. Although could they still add AC09 to steam in the near future or would it require a lot more work to do this?

Now that was entertaining. :D

Australia (Earl_CG) vs India (AngryPixel) at Brisbane (Cloudy & Night)
AngryPixel won the toss and chose to bowl first

Just played against AngryPixel. I was a bit worried actually to start off with as I had forgotten to change the default Australian side so I had Warner, Hilfenhaus, Watson and D.Hussey instead of Symonds, Hughes, Siddle and McDonald.

However, my mind was soon at greater rest as I began taking Angry's attack to pieces in the opening overs, although I eventually managed to bottom edge a pull onto Warner's stumps.

It got so bad that he turned to his spinners in the 4th & 5th overs, but that was just even better for me as I used my feet to full effect (I'm sorry but I'm going to need a lot of persuasion to stand in my crease to the spinners - I barely used them against the pacemen though), although I did lose Watson to a slip catch.

Angry then began to get me back on the rack a bit with the pace bowlers as he caught me twice at short cover - he dropped three more at the same position (it's just so over overpowered...). And then he did this...

T20AngryPixel120809fieldsmaller.jpg
T20AngryPixel120809fieldradar.jpg

Yes - that's right. This is Angry-"Fair Play Creed"-Pixel using 9 close fielders. The same man he was so keen on fair play that he was creating threads banning those unplayable menaces that are yorkers (in his mind at least) before he even got the game.

He first set that field around the beginning of the 10th over when I was 100-4 . I took another screenshot as I was constantly worried the "Waiting for AngryPixel" meant was he was going to drop barring in mind what has happened with him and the_gas twice.

That's a nightmare field to play against the fast bowlers - I could barely get it off the square because he wasn't having to vary his line from the dark yellow, meaning there was no margin for error in the timing window. Thankfully for me he only had three pace bowlers in his entire side and had used eight of their twelve overs already at this point, so I resolved to block their overs out. Unfortunately, me being me, I did lose my patience a few times and lost three more wickets.

However when the pacemen were bowled out and the spinners came back on I was able to use my feet again and those close fielders weren't catching those shots, forcing He did bring it back again a few more times as going more defensive refused to stem the flow of runs. I think I lost one wicket caught behind and another stumped (the WK was a lot quicker than normal that time.) leaving me with Johnson and Hilfenhaus at the crease. Hitting a no ball for six & the following free hit for 4 with Hilfenhaus while he had the close field in was quite satisfying I can tell you :). However, eventually I mistimed one with Johnson and I was all out for 175.

So I didn't see my quota of overs out, but I was confident for one simple reason. In my 7 games online so far I've taken 65 wickets out of a possible 70 wickets; the only time I've failed to bowl a side out was when I was defending 70 odd against the_gas and even then he'd been 35-5 at one stage before Tiny did me over. I don't think I've had anybody score more than 100 against me either...

I was even more confident when I soon saw what Angry's batting tactics were. You see they are very simple. Slog everything. And I mean everything. I rarely use anything but the attacking shot key and it's a problem for me, but I don't think Angry used any stroke but the lofted shot during his entire innings.

He did actually get away with it for a while after I had taken two early wickets - he hit Johnson's only over for 20 runs, although 8 of those were from inside edges which went wide of the keeper (I actually got one in my innings to, a first for me as far as I can remember). But then he struggled against Hilfenhaus the next over, before Hopes really cleaned him up, Angry refusing to slop swinging the bat despite me taking catch after catch (I was really happy with my fielding in this game).

Now I must admit, I did use a short cover fielder (I kind of felt justified after the above) I can happily report that he didn't take a single catch as consistently played square of the wicket on either side. Indeed six of the catches were behind (4 in the slips and two by the keeper), two more were at point, one at square leg, and the other wicket was a clean bowled with a Hopes outswinger.

Here's the summary:
T20AngryPixel120809scorecard.jpg

So yeah - how's about that then?

Last edited:
AngryPixel is just awful..he applied the same custom field against me.Kept on bowling slower balls and then yorkers.Just no fun playing with him.:noway

finished a cliffhanger. Lost again:p. I was playing against mannu. I had him 38/8 but then i relaxed a bit and he recovered to score 75/10. My innings started as Earl described. Slog,slog. I raced to 40/2 after 6 overs. Then the collapse. I was reduced to 48/7. I started batting sensibly but fell short by 4 runs.:p

P.S: Earl, that field as first time used against you, it was never discussed in fairplay creed.
If you have so much problem with it then i'll not use it anymore. I thought there was a chance for you too to hit boundaries in that field

AngryPixel added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Okay, i wont use that field anymore if everyone has a problem with it. It is banned to:p

If everyone just uses the default field settings and not custom ones, then surely this will stop the above situation from happening?!?

finished a cliffhanger. Lost again:p. I was playing against mannu. I had him 38/8 but then i relaxed a bit and he recovered to score 75/10. My innings started as Earl described. Slog,slog. I raced to 40/2 after 6 overs. Then the collapse. I was reduced to 48/7. I started batting sensibly but fell short by 4 runs.:p

P.S: Earl, that field as first time used against you, it was never discussed in fairplay creed.
If you have so much problem with it then i'll not use it anymore. I thought there was a chance for you too to hit boundaries in that field

That field is not realistic...we have been craving for a realistic game and people like you are ruining it

What about your seven fielders on the boundaries?? I didnt protest when you used that field.:p Anyway i agree with Nick_giff. From now on, we should stick to default fields only. That can surely stop wideline and this ultra aggressive field.

P.S: Earl, we want realistic matches, drop some catches for christs sake:D

Yeah that field setting is pretty unrealistic but then.... please do not ban custom field settings sometimes we need them for certain type of players.

Users who are viewing this thread