PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Under our rules the_gas could have taken a screenshot of your field, quitted and reported you ;)

Are there seriously no fielding restrictions on 5 over games or whatever you were playing?

Ok man, I'm not fussed either way. :)

All i know is you disconnected when i was 270 from 19 overs, you didn't see me crying.

You can think i disconnected if you want, but believe me if i wanted to do that i would have done it as soon as you put 9 fielders on the boundary and bowled your supposed wide line.

I am not crying, was just little annoyed.:p:p As far as 9 fielders are concerned, next time turn the fielding restrictions on from the menu.:D I wouldnt have used that field if i had a pace bowler.

well, i had to keep them from stopping you from whipping my spinners and that was just for 3 or 4 balls;). I missed a seamer. Remember, against seamers i had only 2 men on the boundary. That was for 3 consecutive overs. It wasnt as if i had employed 9 men field from the start.;)

2/3 overs of 9 men on the boundary was enough, believe me as soon as i saw you do that, i would have quit then and there if that was the case. Chasing 16+ an over is not possible with settings like that.

Given the fact it has disconnected when i played you before, only that time i had the upper hand, calling me a quitter is out of order.

What the hell, wideline:eek::eek::eek: I bowled on the offstump. I was changing them at the last minute to doosra thus he was playing down the wrong line and think it was wideline.

What the hell, wideline:eek::eek::eek: I bowled on the offstump. I was changing them at the last minute to doosra thus he was playing down the wrong line and think it was wideline.

Alright man, I'm not bothered. Good game. :)

2/3 overs of 9 men on the boundary was enough, believe me as soon as i saw you do that, i would have quit then and there if that was the case. Chasing 16+ an over is not possible with settings like that.

Given the fact it has disconnected when i played you before, only that time i had the upper hand, calling me a quitter is out of order.

Are you insane m8??? I employed that tactic when you needed 8 of last 3 balls. Just for three balls. Dont accuse me of bowling to that field for 3 overs. I bowled threee overs with seamers with only 2 man on the boundary..... AS far as quitter is concerned i was also jesting:p....

BarmyArmy is the one who mentioned wideline - I think he misunderstood the "9 fielders on the boundary" as "9 fielders on the offside" which is part of the wideline tactic, or he was just playing with you.

Anyway, just because you could put nine fielders on the ropes doesn't mean it's okay to put nine fielders on the ropes.

the_gas: Can you just confirm for me that you've yet to receive the cannot join error message at all? It seems to me that yourself and Ricco_M are the only people who can play everybody and I'm wondering if we can work out why that is, just in case it is something in terms of set up (although I don't think it is)

P.S: You got some wickets as gift in first over. Coz when we first played you hosted the game on easy level. So i had practiced on easy. Now when you came to bowl my timing was all over the park coz you had changed the difficulty to hard this time around. You were also wondering in first over"What the flip is he doing":D:D

AngryPixel added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

BarmyArmy is the one who mentioned wideline - I think he misunderstood the "9 fielders on the boundary" as "9 fielders on the offside" which is part of the wideline tactic, or he was just playing with you.

Anyway, just because you could put nine fielders on the ropes doesn't mean it's okay to put nine fielders on the ropes.

the_gas: Can you just confirm for me that you've yet to receive the cannot join error message at all? It seems to me that yourself and Ricco_M are the only people who can play everybody and I'm wondering if we can work out why that is, just in case it is something in terms of set up (although I don't think it is)

Dude it was just 3 balls. He needed just 10 runs. Gas is a very good player of spin thus i had to use that tactic. If i had a pace bowler then i would never had used that field coz gas is very poor player of pace bowling:p:p(he had just 13 runs in first 3 overs of pace). Just select a left arm seamer and start with a straight ball on the good length just outside off stump and change it suddenly to slower one. Then enjoy seeing gas inside edges,outside edges, bat pad...:banana2:banana2:banana2

P.S: You got some wickets as gift in first over. Coz when we first played you hosted the game on easy level. So i had practiced on easy. Now when you came to bowl my timing was all over the park coz you had changed the difficulty to hard this time around. You were also wondering in first over"What the flip is he doing":D:D

Yes earl, never seen that message yet.

And yes, it was not 2/3 overs, my bad. However it was at least an over if not more. He had 9 men on the boundary, but i was still scoring runs, somehow. Then on the final over he changed it again so it was no longer possible to pick up any boundary's as before i had been scoring them at fine leg and third man. I would have won, but it was dirty tactics.

But whatever man, i just can't finish a game when playing him so its no loss either way.

I know this is not the right place to post this hey, but I saw Earl and few others asking this question. Here is the reply from codies

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

The following ports need to be opened:

TCP/UDP: 9103

Hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=02089600

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

Just finished my first game against Earl. Had to say" Earl! You catching freak:p". Seriously man, atleast drop a few, i had dropped atleast 5 catches but Earl, 10/10.

I know this is not the right place to post this hey, but I saw Earl and few others asking this question. Here is the reply from codies

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

The following ports need to be opened:

TCP/UDP: 9103

Hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=02089600

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

Thanks. I put my router in DMZ mode that way cricketking10 was able to play with me in T20. I'll forward the 9103 port since its much safer

just played fazzy. i batted first 226/5 or something like that. Ian Bell 107(68) n.o :clap
Fazzy then batted and i knocked him over for 100ish? won by 123 runs I think......

Really good game, i've started to bat properly now so i can actually compete with people :rtfl
I LOVE ONLINE!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread