PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

why are you replying to your own posts?

just to bring down neil312.....?

Because I was elaborating on my suspicions which I voiced the quote. That's twice that guys dropped on me now and then he comes into the room, takes one look and sees it's me and leaves. I'd certainly put question marks over the guys likelihood to see games through.

EarlCG added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

why am i not seeing anyone on ventrillo.

Unfortunately not many people have been interested in using it, as much as I've tried to push it and recommend it. Ricco_M is the only one I've been able to play and chat with at the same time, which a great shame. I'm on there if I'm playing - just been watching the athletics and football.

Just played Playkid12 (Corrected from "Player12"). We attempted to play a game five minutes before this one which lost the connection of three very laggy balls and I'm amazed that we managed to finish this one.

T20Player12160809.jpg

I'm not sure I'll stick around if the lag is like that again tbh. However, I'm now clear at the top of the wicket-takers list :)

EarlCG added 9 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

My user name wrick3000 in ASHES Cricket 2009. Anyone interested can meet me up or PM about gaming.

Sorry about five minutes ago mate. I've had a graphics driver issue for the past week; previously it's just meant an flash of my monitors to black 1-5 times a maximum of one per day and then it's fine, but that time it sent me to a BSOD. Good thing it happened before a ball was bowled.

I'll sort out my ATI drivers before I go to bed and hopefully play you tonight or again soon.

Last edited:
Woohoo :) Finally got my Diamond Hattrick with Lee :D

Played Dazzz (there is a number at the end of his name - can't remember it I'm afraid). He chose to bat and fell to 0/6 after 2 overs, with Lee taking a hattrick with the first three balls of the match. First Smith went edging to Ponting at slip. The batsman had crossed (most people tend to automatically hit the run button if they offer a catch) so Gibbs was facing but played inside the line and had his off stump pegged. Finally Duminy followed his captain in edging to Ponting at second slip (I oranged that catch - got very lucky). Two dot balls followed before he played a short ball straight up in the air to Hopes at deep mid off - a quadruple wicket maiden.

Two more wickets followed in Johnson's over without a run being scored, but to be fair to Dazzz he stuck at it and, while there was no recovering from that position, he did manage to get some runs together and even hit McDonald for a sizeable six over long off with Steyn. However, he was eventually out for 13.

My innings was a bit of formality and was wrapped up in double quick time with picking the spin bowler Johan Botha, who bowled a no ball which went for 4, the free hit which was dispatched for six, and another no ball which went for 4. Game over with one legitimate ball bowled.

However, once again, all credit to Dazzz for sticking there till the end.

T20dazzz160809.jpg
T20dazzz160809dazzzscorecard.jpg

Just attempted another game against "Playkid12" (not Player12 as I originally put), which was even more crazily laggy.

I won the toss and put him in. To be honest, if he'd won the toss and put me in I'd have probably quit immediately - I couldn't face trying to bat in that lag for 20 overs.

Had him at 2/8 at one point. Tbh I can't claim much credit for most of the wickets; he was doing some crazy running, the slip catch for Ponting I knew next to nothing about (it was jerking all over the place) and Singh's lbw was an outswinger I thought I'd aimed outside off stump but actually pitched inline and straightened.

Finally, at the start of the fifth over I was greeted by the sight in the right hand of these three screenshots (the last ball of the previous over was the free hit). I couldn't get any response from any button except "Start" and so had no option but to quit.

T20Playkid12Game2160809inprogress.jpg
T20Playkid12Game2160809Playkid12sco.jpg
T20Playkid12Game2160809bug.jpg

I think that definitely is the last time I play him now, if I can do anything about it.

Last edited:
Playkid12 is my username

playkid12 added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Just attempted another game against "Playkid12" (not Player12 as I originally put), which was even more crazily laggy.

I won the toss and put him in. To be honest, if he'd won the toss and put me in I'd have probably quit immediately - I couldn't face trying to bat in that lag for 20 overs.

Had him at 2/8 at one point. Tbh I can't claim much credit for most of the wickets; he was doing some crazy running, the slip catch for Ponting I knew next to nothing about (it was jerking all over the place) and Singh's lbw was an outswinger I thought I'd aimed outside off stump but actually pitched inline and straightened.

Finally, at the start of the fifth over I was greeted by the sight in the right hand of these three screenshots (the last ball of the previous over was the free hit). I couldn't get any response from any button except "Start" and so had no option but to quit.

T20Playkid12Game2160809inprogress.jpg
T20Playkid12Game2160809Playkid12sco.jpg
T20Playkid12Game2160809bug.jpg

I think that definitely is the last time I play him now, if I can do anything about it.

Dude, that wasn't on purpose man. The connection lost. It was already a horrible connection, I made a thread about how the ball just froze. And I have a very good computer.

playkid12 added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

It got stuck on some ridiculous screen for me..

Dude, that wasn't on purpose man. The connection lost. It was already a horrible connection, I made a thread about how the ball just froze. And I have a very good computer.

It got stuck on some ridiculous screen for me..

I never said it was on purpose mate - I was just using it to demonstrate the errors that the lag was causing. The fact you stuck through to the end of our previous game showed that you are not a quitter. My reason for not wishing to play you again was the lag, pure and simple :)

EarlCG added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

for some reason i cant connect to some games....
It's a problem in the game's network code, we're almost certain. There is a TCP/UDP port (9103) that they recommend to be forwarded, but I've noticed no difference/improvement between before setting up the port forward and afterwards.

My user name is jan52.Add me for good game i assure u i wont quit unless connection loss.And i wont play game more than 20 overs as its not possible to take out time for 50 over match.Anybody up for game now i am online but dont see anybody playing game

Last edited:
Hmm so its only good to play with someone inside your country???

You're always more likely to experience lag playing against people in other countries just because of the extra time required for the data to travel the extra geographical distance.

We're talking differences ranging from tens to hundreds of milliseconds here. You don't notice it when loading a web page, but you do notice it when reactions are involved, such as ina computer game like this.

However, if both players connections are of a certain standard then this should reduce the problem. Unfortunately, not everybody who is playing this game has a connection of that standard due to their personal situation: the basic standard and availability of internet connections in their local area may be lower than elsewhere and obviously there are cost implications.

The key thing to remember is that due the way most internet telecommunications systems work, the bottleneck is your upload speed, not your download speed. That's usually a fraction of your headline downloaded speed.

Anyone up for a game?

Pref 10 overs, as I don't think i'll have time for 20.

NICK_GIFF added 13 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Ok guys, don't play General9.

Just had him 7-3 after 2 overs (inc. Ponting and Clarke out) and he unsurprisingly quit. :mad:

Anyone can you tell me is there a way to chat with others before we can play?
Any external program will also do.
And another question how to invite friends when playing because when i go to friend zone and press enter they give me one option to delete friend. What to do.?
Anyone want to play just send a online friend request at wrick3000.

Anyone can you tell me is there a way to chat with others before we can play?
Not built into Ashes Cricket 2009 I'm afraid.

Any external program will also do.

I've rented a Ventrilo server (details in my signature) but unfortunately few have taken the opportunity to use it.

I'm on Steam as Earl_CG, which I'm always signed into. There's a couple of us who use MSN as well, although I don't tend to be logged in on that much tbh.

And another question how to invite friends when playing because when i go to friend zone and press enter they give me one option to delete friend. What to do.?
There's a bug with the invites system - you can only invite player into an unranked game.

Users who are viewing this thread