PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Just had a good 5 over slogfest with H3l1os (I think that's how he spelt it).

He made a daunting 55-8 (about 4-5 run outs in that as he looked to get every run possible) from his 5, and I was looking beaten needing 32 to win from the last 2 overs. But Ponting and Hussey suddenly went on a charge and Ponting got the 16 needed from the last over with a ball to spare. :)

Really exciting finish though.

Cricket20092009-08-1721-11-06-76.jpg

Much better screenshot size Nick_Giff :) Much appreciated!

Just played Nash again. He lost wickets early, then got acclimatised to the fast bowlers after three overs, so it was time to bring on the medium pacers. After two overs of them, back to the quicks and he'd lost the nack as Siddle's figures show.

He's certainly not one of the worst bowlers I've come across - kept me to 2/1 after one over with Flintoff, although the wicket was down to the stumping bug (You press return to the crease and the player retreats, but he doesn't actually get back inside his ground). Eventually I got back onto track and won by 9 wickets after a no ball at the beginning of the fourth over.

T20nash170809.jpg

After that I started a game with "slimm". The connection seemed great (zero hanging around getting started - no waiting for him to skip intro sequences) but after spending 15 seconds setting up my custom field I come back to find he's dropped, so I'm confident he quit just due to sheer lack of patience (I'm pretty quick at setting my fields after twenty complete matches and god knows how many incompletes).

this ████ is really getting on my nerves i just played another t20. i batted first and scored 290 odd. then i got a couple of early wickets and the dude quit!!! what the hell man i dont understand why u quit. this time it was IncognitoNL. so far i dont think i have completed more than 2 matches.and i have played like 10.

I just played Nash as well. I lost, partly due to him bowling wide off side yorkers all the time and partly due to personally running stupidity.
Haven't had a good match in a long time, and I'm starting to get tired of online due to there being no chat function, no ladder and too many lost connections.

Woohoo! This is a record which cannot be beaten (well, apart from bowling them out in fewer balls I guess). All credit to my opponent (it was "ikatypop" or something like that) for sticking through it.

T20ikatypop1708090allout.jpg
T20ikatypop170809.jpg

As you can see, I was aided by him taking repeated runs to McDonald at deep mid on which might have been okay if he'd dived for them. There was defiantly no run on for the Lee run out. At least he didn't let me score off the first ball (bowled outside off stump while I tried to hit it into the onside) and I could have been run out going for the single on the second!

That result also makes me the first to 200 Twenty20 wickets with 205 scalps coming for 820 runs conceded off 1032 balls (those stats are on the economy page - my economy rate is 4.77 to 2 d.p.) ). That gives me a bowling average (admittedly including run outs) of exactly 4.00 and a strike rate of a wicket every 5.03 balls (again to 2 d.p.) :D

Great EarlCG
I like to have balanced games. Its much more fun for me. If my opponent isn't that good then I purposely balls bad bowls for him to score. One sided affair is too boring for me

@above

can u add me to ur list?i am waiting for a game and there is no one in the lobby

I will definitely have to play you at some point Earl, just to see how far I've progressed. :D

IIRC, you're only avaliable in the evenings, so maybe tomorrow or wednesday night...

Great EarlCG
I like to have balanced games. Its much more fun for me. If my opponent isn't that good then I purposely balls bad bowls for him to score. One sided affair is too boring for me

But it's only by playing the better players that we minnows get better.:D

Great EarlCG

I wouldn't find it enjoyable playing deliberately worse myself. I always choose to bowl first anyway (and the majority of other people seem to like batting first), so if it is going to be one side it's over quickly. Anyway, sometimes I don't have to, as this game was a hell of a lot more competitive:

Can't remember the guys exact name - sami... (Edit: It was Sandsaims) something like that. Anyway, he was 29/1 after two overs after walloping Lee and McDonald around the park. Having varied the pace in the first two overs and come off the worse I was pretty worried at this stage. However I managed to come back and force him to play less aggressively and dismissed him for 56 after 11 overs despite having dropped four or five catches (one of my worst fielding displays in a long time).

My batting performance was pretty poor and his bowling was quite good - he just kept it consistent outside off stump and used one of the nastier ring fields against one of my two batsmen (including a short cover *makes cross gesture with fingers to ward away the evil fielding position*) and I struggled at times, my running between the wickets being particularly poor. Eventually it dawned on me how to combat this though and I managed to squeak by with four wickets remaining.

T20sami----170809.jpg

One of the tougher games I've had for a while though.

EarlCG added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

I will definitely have to play you at some point Earl, just to see how far I've progressed. :D

IIRC, you're only avaliable in the evenings, so maybe tomorrow or wednesday night...

Yeah - I have one of these job things which keeps me busy during the day ;) (Plus visit the gym tomorrow). Are we actually able to play each other Nick? I had a feeling we could connect to each other. Otherwise for sure :)

EarlCG added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

@Earl-cg

join my 5 over game..

Sorry mate - I don't play five over games; too much slogging for my liking.

EarlCG added 3 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

But it's only by playing the better players that we minnows get better.:D

I agree with some of that. At the end of the day I'm not picking my opponents - they're just the people who enter the room. Beyond my personal enjoyment regarding how I feel I played, I'd feel like I was patronising the other guy if I was playing under par.

I guess it comes to it that I rather not play at all than manufacture a contest.

Last edited:
I am playing with this Thegame120, and its lagging a lot. Just before ever single bowl its freezes and next moment i am bold. Its so frustrating.

What should I do?
Should I quit or not?

ok now He quits out after 7 overs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread