PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry Gas - I got bored. Your bowling is too good. Just made sure I beat the score I made against you the first time then I was done.
I'm definitely a bowling not a batting fan.

No worries man, i knew after about 10 overs i had plenty. I don't normally slog that much, but this time i sent my lesser players uo the order to have a go, and it worked out better than i expected.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 21

cricketking10

School Cricketer
does anyone know how to run the game in windowed mode? so i can have this running at the same time as the game. I do it with football manager but is it possible for this?

cheers

cricketking10 added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Agree with most of that. I'm be a lot more relaxed when bowling as mistakes are far less costly, plus you've got more room for creativity and strategy.

Anybody else up for a game before the nights out?

yeah i'll play you

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
does anyone know how to run the game in windowed mode? so i can have this running at the same time as the game. I do it with football manager but is it possible for this?

It might be - see this post.

yeah i'll play you

Game set up - let me know if there are problems rather than leaving me sitting here ;)

EarlCG added 6 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

cricketking10: I've not been able to join either of the two games you've set up. I'm guessing you had problems when you tried to join me too? :(

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
As I said above, I tried twice mate while you did and had the same problem.

I'm going to start battering Codemasters / Transmission Game's doors down for some information on this. It doesn't make sense that we're able to play some people without a problem but not others. So far I've only managed to join one persons game and that's valerian140 on his hamster driven 64kps! All the others have been hosted on my machine but, from past experiences, hosting is supposed to be the troublesome part, not joining.

chrisw2k5

School Cricketer
Either of you two fancy a game? :) Game invites don't work :facepalm

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
I'm up for it for sure although cricketking's already got a game set up on there though. Would be interesting to see if you can play him, having already played me when I was hosting.

EarlCG added 18 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Guys - can you please consider posting on this thread on the Ashes Cricket 2009 Technical board. Hopefully if he gets a fair amount of support then they are more likely to take notice.

chrisw2k5

School Cricketer
Oh my god... what a game! :eek:

chrisw2k5 added 7 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Jesus... just lost to cricketking in what started off a terrible game and became an absolute classic near the end!!

Got it all screenshotted... made me believe in this game once-again. Superb :hpraise

cricketking10

School Cricketer
that has to be my worst batting performance ever, nice bowling from you however :clap

I loved those field settings for my tailenders, very inventive! :laugh

cricketking10 added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Oh my god... what a game! :eek:

chrisw2k5 added 7 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Jesus... just lost to cricketking in what started off a terrible game and became an absolute classic near the end!!

Got it all screenshotted... made me believe in this game once-again. Superb :hpraise

Yeah games like that (as i said before) will have us coming back to this game time and time again. In all honesty i'm not too bothered about the offline game when online is this addictive!!

chrisw2k5

School Cricketer
One question before I post up the review for those that are viewing and no-doubt interested, HOW THE HELL did you bowl those first few balls with Johnson?? Some were over 100mph and seemed to swing in madly, and the marker just snapped onto my legs, leaving me absolutely powerless :crying

cricketking10

School Cricketer
One question before I post up the review for those that are viewing and no-doubt interested, HOW THE HELL did you bowl those first few balls with Johnson?? Some were over 100mph and seemed to swing in madly, and the marker just snapped onto my legs, leaving me absolutely powerless :crying

I dunno tbh?! I just bowled an inswinger and it was 100mph! One of your guys was constantly hitting around 100.6mph too!

Also is there a way you can bluff? So like on ea's cricket 07 you move around press a button for the real delivery then press a normal one for the bluff...
Because it seemed like you were doing that somehow if that makes sense?

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
I can play online (PS3) atm if anyone wants a game?

Twenty20.

This is the PC (as in Personal Computer, not Planet Cricket) matchmaking thread mate - probably not the best place to ask ;)

Yeah - you can get up to around the 100mph if your fast bowler is high on confidence and you get in the yellow area of the meter.

Also is there a way you can bluff? So like on ea's cricket 07 you move around press a button for the real delivery then press a normal one for the bluff...
Because it seemed like you were doing that somehow if that makes sense?
Yep - it's explained in the tutorials (which are worth doing, not just for the stadiums). When you press a button to start the bowlers run up that just decides what marker it shows on the pitch to you and your opponent (i.e. straight arrow or direction of cut, spin or swing). The actual delivery you bowl is decided by the button you press when you stop the meter, which can be totally different to the first (i.e. Start the run up with the inswinger button but stop the meter with the slower ball).

For example, as I described earlier, I was particularly happy with my use of that with Cameron White where, against a RH SA batsmen I pretended to bowl a leg spinner moving spinning outside off, but instead threw in the arm ball and clipped the top of his off stump :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread