Only when i try to change field, the game crashes to desktop

Please fix this

Game Crashes

Tried to resume a previously saved match
The match started and works well
Only when i try to change field, the game crashes to desktop

Please fix this

This case is happening with previously saved game but not for new game started

Started a new career...middle order player for the Bulls. First game (4 day) against Vic...first innings I got bowled around the legs by Fawad for 16...then in the 2nd dig I got bowled THROUGH the bat!! WTF???

I uploaded a vid to YT - will post the link here once it gets up (tomorrow). Totally ruined my night!

Understand frustration however a message to all - DO NOT TRY THE BETA BRANCH UNLESS YOU ARE CAPABLE OF COPING WITH ANOMALIES AND CRASHES. It is an opportunity to try things before they are set in concrete, it is not an opportunity for a whinge.

This is EXACTLY why we do not allow everyone to travel the development journey with us and is why we do not normally publish Beta branches.

There is no room for !'s or WTF's or anything of that ilk in this Beta Branch thread, it is of no use to us at all.

Whoops, my apologies @Ross. I think I kinda forgot I'm in the beta and not main. :facepalm

Anyway, I will try and upload the YT video (doesn't seem to show on my YT account) to show the scenario if that helps.

Understand frustration however a message to all - DO NOT TRY THE BETA BRANCH UNLESS YOU ARE CAPABLE OF COPING WITH ANOMALIES AND CRASHES. It is an opportunity to try things before they are set in concrete, it is not an opportunity for a whinge.

This is EXACTLY why we do not allow everyone to travel the development journey with us and is why we do not normally publish Beta branches.

There is no room for !'s or WTF's or anything of that ilk in this Beta Branch thread, it is of no use to us at all.
u r right ..we should not complain about beta updates...but I think users should be notified at least for their save games that saving in beta mode won't work with regular updates...I m not complaining ..I m just saying...maybe it will also be fixed in next stable update...
other than that great efforts guys on BA ...u have given us our *almost close* dream game in the way it should be..we are indebted...

Whoops, my apologies @Ross. I think I kinda forgot I'm in the beta and not main. :facepalm

Anyway, I will try and upload the YT video (doesn't seem to show on my YT account) to show the scenario if that helps.

Thanks.

Apologies for being so blunt, I know you've been very supportive along the journey, I just need to jump with both feet from a big height to stop others chiming in :)

u r right ..we should not complain about beta updates...but I think users should be notified at least for their save games that saving in beta mode won't work with regular updates...I m not complaining ..I m just saying...maybe it will also be fixed in next stable update...
other than that great efforts guys on BA ...u have given us our *almost close* dream game in the way it should be..we are indebted...

We would have done so if we knew it prior.

The save files will work again so the issue is one of waiting for that time or putting up with the Beta. When there have been big issues we have generally released a fix earlier than the Friday norm. I believe there is a fix coming today for the 1st wicket crash.

We would have done so if we knew it prior.

The save files will work again so the issue is one of waiting for that time or putting up with the Beta. When there have been big issues we have generally released a fix earlier than the Friday norm. I believe there is a fix coming today for the 1st wicket crash.
Thanks....waiting is the key now...so right now I've almost nothing to complain...

@BigAntStudios Do you guys have tweaked the AI batting other than the tuning/fixes mentioned in the changelog?
Because I really feel that in case of few of the beta patches, the AI batted a bit differently than they normally do. For example, in the latest patch, I feel that the AI plays that horrible cut over slips a lot less and they're playing that shot to deliveries out side off-stump instead of full balls pitching middle. I remember vaguely that you mentioned somewhere that you guys intentionally omit mentioning some fixes in the changelog to avoid placebo effect.

Thanks.

Apologies for being so blunt, I know you've been very supportive along the journey, I just need to jump with both feet from a big height to stop others chiming in :)

lol all good mate - totally respect that. Most games I don't give two hoots about...but there's something about DB14 which keeps me coming back...hence the sometimes unnecessary frustration in the comments (which aren't meant to be, but thats the problem with forums, etc....people can only judge by what they read, etc).

you've just reminded me though...NOT to create a new 'this is it' type career in the beta version until its fully released.

Version 1.15.12 is now live for the Public Beta Version branch on Steam.

Update notes are as follows:
  • Resolve crash related to fielding changes after taking a wicket.
Follow these steps to opt into the 'DBC14 Public Beta' version.

1. Open Steam Client.
2. Go to Library.
3. Right Click on Don Bradman Cricket 14.
4. Click on Properties.
5. Click on Betas tab.
6. In box marked "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:" enter code dbc14publicbeta.
7. Once code has been accepted, select the dropdown box underneath "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" and select "dbc14publicbeta - BETA VERSION".
8. Wait for game to update, when the game has updated correctly it will state "Don Bradman Cricket 14 [dbc14publicbeta]".
9. Click "Play".
10. To opt out of beta, follow steps 1-5, then select dropdown box and the option of "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".

Just a quick confirmation needed! The "Stable" updated version of this game is currently 1.15.8........... right?
Thanks! :)
Correct.

If people can confirm that the crash that was being encountered at relatively high number is gone, then we can push this as the main version for everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread