PC version 1.15.x discussion/bug reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether we can request things for you guys to look at or not...but if you could (esp in the beta testing phase)...can you please:

1. restrict the tendency of bowlers to bowl around the wicket compared to their real life counterparts. Most bowlers (esp med/fast or fast) tend to bowl the same over the wicket unless you have specific bowlers who are adept at bowling around the wicket (eg. Starc/Johnson)...I've watched a lot of Shield cricket and the bowlers tend to stick to line/length over the wicket. Having ingame bowlers swap sides almost every ball is annoying and a bit unrealistic.
2. change it so that EVERY throw back to the keeper is made using the flat/fast method....the number of times I've gotten easy singles/doubles/triples purely because the fielder does a loop throw is also unrealistic. Everyone is taught in RL cricket to get the ball back ASAP. Even throws from the boundary tend to get back quicker if they bounce (vs throwing in the air).
3. please change the batsman celebration when reaching 100/200 to the celebration when you achieve 150. 50 = okay...lift the bat, acknowledge the crowd....100 = MAJOR milestone....150 = similar to 50...200/300/400/etc = jump for joy.
4. Fielding - when facing a LF or RF around the wicket, you MUST have a 3rd man. No captain worth anything would have a bowler go around the wicket then leave the third man quadrant empty - thats just asking for runs.
5. Bowlers should be changed more often...and even part time bowlers should bowl. Heck if Chris Rogers can bowl...why not eh? :)
6. Most importantly - fields. I 'feel' the most pressure when every quadrant has a fielder in there. Even if there's a fly slip...when you have every quadrant covered (esp limited overs cricket), it builds pressure on the batsman = rash shots or slow run rate.

Batting experience at legend level is very satisfying now.
The sqare drive has added lot of options to score runs.
I agree with the outfielders slow throw problem.
and ....pro running shaky cam...

Any thoughts on the lofted sweep shots?

Can you square drive a full ball outside off through point and backward point region? Any video or pics would be nice.

Can you square drive a full ball outside off through point and backward point region? Any video or pics would be nice.
Yes . easily.
Posted a video few pages back. It's really satisfying shot. Only -ve is the shot is played with same animation.
But even then its ha ha ha.
Proper

Yes . easily.
Posted a video few pages back. It's really satisfying shot. Only -ve is the shot is played with same animation.
Proper

That's music to my ears! Can't wait to play a square drive on PS3. Hopefully with reduced edges through off side for regular shots and square cut added, DBC would be a huge step closer to the perfect cricket video game we have been waiting for.

That's music to my ears! Can't wait to play a square drive on PS3. Hopefully with reduced edges through off side for regular shots and square cut added, DBC would be a huge step closer to the perfect cricket video game we have been waiting for.

It's as i said...getting real close to perfect batting experience... Well I play on pro cam legend so its perfect on that.
I req to other freaks to try n bat on pro cam and also running on pro cam..of course it's the toughest but
.its phaaad.( epic experience)

Just scored a 78 in career with a well spread out wagon wheel.

Some other batting at legend observations in the latest beta patch.

..Confidence meter now fills faster with each well timed shot n defence, also on a leave.
..edges for off side shots r a little less n thus more realistic.
..pro cam which is best in reading the line n length, is finally playable n more enjoyable than ever after the latest update. U can play real late by properly watching the ball.. smelling the leather.. I play the ball under my nose.
...finally with this patch my effort not to premeditate footwork is a success. It's a real treat to bat now...
Thx big ant.

Final requests

Correct rhe Promode shaky running cam...
Leave animation thru using only ras...

Last edited:
I would think the "shaky" cam is because the camera is attached to the player and the players run animation is causing it.

I will look at it but certainly no promises as to whether we can do much.

This. I started up my new career in Legend and it was A.W.E.S.O.M.E! I had to really watch every ball and get my timing right...I love the little swing variations that bowlers get, and I'm actually starting to get a bit fearful of slow bowlers eg. Fawad Ahmed. I'm loving the fact I can get lots of singles from mistimed shots...and my old 'six hit to third man' for easy runs doesn't come off very often. If we could incorporate some of the little requests I put above that would just make it even better.

I tried the pro shaky cam and started to get nauseous very quickly so I stopped using it. :(

Yes . easily.
Proper

what did u press for the square drive plz?

...finally with this patch my effort not to premeditate footwork is a success. It's a real treat to bat now... Thx big ant.

My wagon wheel also looks great now...I don't premeditate as much now which is even better. I managed to play a late cut shot past backward point plus a leg glance to fine leg. Batting is bliss!! Once they get the fielding right (incl the throws back to the keeper), it should add more pressure to the batsman.

bit of an issue regarding career mode field placement. why is it that its always the same field assigned to other bowlers of my team? its always the same attacking field.

. change it so that EVERY throw back to the keeper is made using the flat/fast method....the number of times I've gotten easy singles/doubles/triples purely because the fielder does a loop throw is also unrealistic. Everyone is taught in RL cricket to get the ball back ASAP. Even throws from the boundary tend to get back quicker if they bounce (vs throwing in the air).

I think you may find that the loopy throws are from fielders who are set as spin bowlers,, so if you edit players who don't bowl at all to something other than spin you will get less loopy throws. I'm not 100% sure though as I've not tested this theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread