PC version 1.15.x discussion/bug reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just letting you know, the bug where the scores reset to 0/0 between overs or even between balls is still prevalent. Otherwise its looking good.

Playing the wrong shot is user fault, pressing too hard (as now) is design fault.

Having to premeditate sweep, as you say not much of an issue. Premeditate leave, a big issue

its doesnt matter if its user fault or design fault, it shouldnt distract your game often, i can argue that R3 pressed hard is a user fault as well.

Having to pull both sticks downward which is pretty close to playing late cut will present in many unwanted cuts or leaves, we dont really have time to fine control between 5o clock and 6 o clock when playing DBC.

Also most of us would be premeditating on a foot and looking to give only one more input, so if im on front foot pulling back both sticks back symmetrically at 6 'o clock will become a tad difficult.

as long as you get leave at the tap of a button i dont think there is need to premeditate.

tapping a button works pretty well here
Leave Scoop Sweep - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Just scored my first century on Legend - 101 off 125. Only 2 boundaries!! had to put my controller down after scoring the century because my arm muscles were tight! lol. Against NSW as well (playing for QLD).

After facing 125 odd balls I must reiterate....please review the constant changing of bowling angles by bowlers as its totally unrealistic. Every over the bowler bowled from either side atleast 3-4 times, esp if you scored. Its as if the around the wicket is the AI's default setting of 'oh he scored, must do this now'. Obviously thats not how it works but thats what it appears to be. Can this actually be altered?

Also, the throw back to the wicket is constantly hitting the stumps. I was quite sure this was adjusted previously.

Finally....no matter how much I try, it is extremely difficult to get straight or on drives down the ground...the ball pulls up no matter what. I've seen so many straight/on drives purely from pushes, etc as the ball keeps the momentum.

Adding to the above post.
The straight drives are non existent.
Bowler has super quick reflexes and stop the best of timed shots with a funny drop catch animation.
+
In longer formats( I played 4 day career mode) still gaps r plenty on leg side mid on long on regions. So still easy runs there.

It would be simpler if no interaction with Right thumb Stick would result in leave.

Regarding The patch What about edges to slips Any improvements on that?Also improvements to close in fielders catching.

Thanks.

@MattW when will the latest patch will be released for everyone...

lol Sorry, couldn't resist..:p

upload_2015-7-7_23-41-6.png

Ok, so i was testing out the beta 1.20.0, and i found myself scratching my head to find what did @BigAntStudios exactly change about AI field settings. in test, like before the AI doesnt still change the fielding and stick to one settings. and getting tired of that, tried an ODI, and well, its even bad. i was hitting boundaries towards long on and long off at will and even so, they decided to stick with 5 slip attack!? this continued till the end of powerplay. im not mad, im just disappointing. all i wanted was a better cricket game to enjoy during my uni break.. i still have faith in BigAnt though. Oh btw, this was played with legend difficulty.

View attachment 150174

Ok, so i was testing out the beta 1.20.0, and i found myself scratching my head to find what did @BigAntStudios exactly change about AI field settings. in test, like before the AI doesnt still change the fielding and stick to one settings. and getting tired of that, tried an ODI, and well, its even bad. i was hitting boundaries towards long on and long off at will and even so, they decided to stick with 5 slip attack!? this continued till the end of powerplay. im not mad, im just disappointing. all i wanted was a better cricket game to enjoy during my uni break.. i still have faith in BigAnt though. Oh btw, this was played with legend difficulty.
Fielding problem is still there...but compared to the old days...its better...stilll a long way to go.

I can imagine playing on close batsman or far batsman cam.....it will b super easy.

After opting into the beta yesterday and playing DBC for the 1st time in months... I must say the many improvements already done are very good. The grounded advance shot i love it! The angles off the bat seem improved, AI bowling much better now. Also the batter not sliding at crease when playing certain shots... that was a big annoyance to me lol :) Also the co-op stuff i don't personally use but still adds value to the game for many others. Many other additions i like but i'll be rambling on forever, Sorry guys :) Starting to get addicted to this game all over again! :) I know most of what im saying was probably added ages ago not tied to recent additions but still i thought it would be worth a rare post from me. Thanks to BA for the continued support for improving this wonderful game onto a really solid footing.

Reporting online Co-op play issues faced:

-Game crashes on trying to resume and saving the game.
-The game gets really laggy that you just want to close that game and start a new one.
-Like I have shown with a pic of bowler running till the keeper is still happening [due to lag].
-And after a game or two when we tried to start a new game, it was always coming as unable to join and for the match creator it was some error which came in the match creation screen to @grkrama .

It would be simpler if no interaction with Right thumb Stick would result in leave.
The problem is you need to time the leave, so without a button press of some variety, there's nothing to trigger exactly when you leave the ball.

Obviously at the moment not pressing buttons 'leaves' the ball, but because there's no timing, the batsman can't get out of the way.

@MattW when will the latest patch will be released for everyone...

lol Sorry, couldn't resist..:p
Actually I can answer this one, we're just waiting on feedback that no one is getting crashes or major bugs before pushing it out. So if anyone who had issues with the previous build could let us know if the new update solved them that'd be great.

What is your current average in First class Legend Mode ?

just started my new career on Legend (always played on Veteran) so my FC average is now in the 30s because of that century (was 18 previous to that..high score of 42). I'm only about 4 FC games into my career (Age 21) so I can't really compare I guess.

In my first few innings, no matter what I did I ALWAYS nicked a ball being bowled from around the wicket ie. drive, slog shot, push, block. You'd think being a Level 3 batsman this wouldn't be the case but it was. I finally realised what I had to do...leg glance EVERYTHING to sq leg or fine leg. Unfortunately the wagon wheel for my century looked silly with 90% of shots in the 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock quadrant. But I didn't go out and managed to get my century. Then on about 107 I get a ball from around the wicket, I try a backfoot push/drive (safer than front foot) = nick and out. *sigh* Century was worth it though. 2 boundaries. :P[DOUBLEPOST=1436310056][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually I can answer this one, we're just waiting on feedback that no one is getting crashes or major bugs before pushing it out. So if anyone who had issues with the previous build could let us know if the new update solved them that'd be great.

For the record, I have NOT gotten any crashes since using the beta build. Smooth as butter. But I don't play online (just offline career mode 100%). Just giving you some positive confirmation.

any chance you were batting as both sides or switching sides after an innings?
lol man, whats the purpose of me doing that? ill be fooling myself. i want to help BigAnts just as much as we all do to enjoy a competitive cricket game. u could try it yourself and see where im coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread