PC version 1.15.x discussion/bug reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol man, whats the purpose of me doing that? ill be fooling myself. i want to help BigAnts just as much as we all do to enjoy a competitive cricket game. u could try it yourself and see where im coming from.

It's a legitimate question, I generally bowl as both teams and others quite often bat as both teams. That's why he asked.

lol man, whats the purpose of me doing that? ill be fooling myself. i want to help BigAnts just as much as we all do to enjoy a competitive cricket game. u could try it yourself and see where im coming from.
ok, the reason being that field shouldn't appear for odi's as it isn't one of the new fields or even the AI odi fields before that. If you were batting as both sides or resuming a save and chose the other side the AI would use the general field-set and hence you may end up with that field. Thats why i asked as this has happened before when i tried playing both sides.

Have played a few ODI's yet to come across anything like what u have posted seems to hold good to me.

ok, the reason being that field shouldn't appear for odi's as it isn't one of the new fields or even the AI odi fields before that. If you were batting as both sides or resuming a save and chose the other side the AI would use the general field-set and hence you may end up with that field. Thats why i asked as this has happened before when i tried playing both sides.

Have played a few ODI's yet to come across anything like what u have posted seems to hold good to me.
can u play a casual ODI match with Srilanka and Newzeland (AI) in Legend and tell me what the field u get after 5 overs? ill rest my case.

In my FC and ODI games to date (Aussie Dom on Legend), I find the fielding to be quite good. Yes they're static a lot of the time but still pretty good esp for FC matches. My issue is the bowling doesn't always match the field setting (eg. constantly bowling around the wicket but no third man or slips even). I do find it much more difficult to score runs after the power play overs now which is to be expected...when combined with good tight bowling. I don't always see a lot of swing though.

I did happen to be there when the new ball was taken and Bollinger delivered a beauty which swung late and trapped me on the pads. I thought I was plum but was given not out (phew). I'd love to see more of that. I do see a lot of ball movement in the air with players like Fawad Ahmed although I don't know if you can produce that kind of swing (both ways on the same deliver) IRL...but hey, makes it more interesting, and you have to watch the ball every time.

In fact...in Legend, I'm starting to fear spinners. :(

@Ross my 7 years career is back after the latest update ...hoo hoo...thanks...now 1st thing i need to do is to copy "saved files" to another location to prevent this happening again...cheers

can u play a casual ODI match with Srilanka and Newzeland (AI) in Legend and tell me what the field u get after 5 overs? ill rest my case.

yup happens, had been playing with ATB teams mostly with the latest patch didn't happen there. Also im sure this wasn't the case with the patches before this too.

Till that it uses good fields and then suddenly this one comes in.

yup happens, had been playing with ATB teams mostly with the latest patch didn't happen there. Also im sure this wasn't the case with the patches before this too.

Till that it uses good fields and then suddenly this one comes in.
Yes i only saw it with 1.20.0 as well.

Wrong fields odi career legend

New build is live on Public Beta, we're keeping the build number at 1.20.0, we'd really like confirmation on stability all round (thanks for the co-op crash confirmation). If we can get confirmation that it's stable this will go live as soon as we can push it.

Updates are as follows:
  • Resolved crash when resuming online co-op save.
  • AI field placement changes occur more.
Follow these steps to opt into the 'DBC14 Public Beta' version.

1. Open Steam Client.
2. Go to Library.
3. Right Click on Don Bradman Cricket 14.
4. Click on Properties.
5. Click on Betas tab.
6. In box marked "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:" enter code dbc14publicbeta.
7. Once code has been accepted, select the dropdown box underneath "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" and select "dbc14publicbeta - BETA VERSION".
8. Wait for game to update, when the game has updated correctly it will state "Don Bradman Cricket 14 [dbc14publicbeta]".
9. Click "Play".
10. To opt out of beta, follow steps 1-5, then select dropdown box and the option of "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".

New build is live on Public Beta, we're keeping the build number at 1.20.0, we'd really like confirmation on stability all round (thanks for the co-op crash confirmation). If we can get confirmation that it's stable this will go live as soon as we can push it.

Updates are as follows:
  • Resolved crash when resuming online co-op save.
  • AI field placement changes occur more.
Follow these steps to opt into the 'DBC14 Public Beta' version.

1. Open Steam Client.
2. Go to Library.
3. Right Click on Don Bradman Cricket 14.
4. Click on Properties.
5. Click on Betas tab.
6. In box marked "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:" enter code dbc14publicbeta.
7. Once code has been accepted, select the dropdown box underneath "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" and select "dbc14publicbeta - BETA VERSION".
8. Wait for game to update, when the game has updated correctly it will state "Don Bradman Cricket 14 [dbc14publicbeta]".
9. Click "Play".
10. To opt out of beta, follow steps 1-5, then select dropdown box and the option of "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".
Will play a match today and tell...

the issue with fielding still exist. somebody double check. (ODIs, legend difficulty, casual or tour matches). after the first 5 overs, theres like 5 slips for no reason. and they persist with it.

Long format career legend report...

Generally the ai uses
7 / 2 or 6/ 3 strong off side fields with the bowling line at off middle...
It allows for easy scoring options.

Vacant mid on region for very long time is still there.

the issue with fielding still exist. somebody double check. (ODIs, legend difficulty, casual or tour matches). after the first 5 overs, theres like 5 slips for no reason. and they persist with it.

Does it occur in all the matches ? for me its occurring alternatively i think, had a couple of matches that were very good no weird fields, one match in between had that 5 fielder slip. All odi casual legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread